ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale is ruining this damn game.

Shut the F up!!

And I’m really looking forward to Davis, Smith and Durham graduating. Regression much?
Davis has taken some good shots, but man he is struggling. Missed some really easy shots. Smith and Durham have added very little tonight. At least one of those guys needs to pull his head outta his ass

Reactions: mk23
Shut the F up!!

And I’m really looking forward to Davis, Smith and Durham graduating. Regression much?
Smith pathetic on that fast break D. He might as well sit tonight. Put Race in instead

There needs to be a drinking game that has a person taking a shot every time Vitale mentions either "The General" or "Robert Montgomery Knight." Or maybe not... as ERs around the country would be filled with viewers with permanent liver damage. Is he aware that Knight hasn't been IU's coach in a few decades?

Last edited:
Vitale spent most of the game raising money for children’s cancer research.
Maybe you need to address whatever the hell it is that triggers your anger there buddy.

Why do you all waste your time with dickie v or any of those idiots?? I've been syncing my TV up to Don Fischer for years...

Reactions: bum4iu2
My dad went to IU, and died of cancer back in January. I can assure you if dad was around to watch last night, he would have been begging Vitale to shut the F up. Brutal.

Reactions: speroni
Vitale spent most of the game raising money for children’s cancer research.
Maybe you need to address whatever the hell it is that triggers your anger there buddy.
It was a basketball game we came to watch. The constant fund drive got a little annoying after awhile. The fact it was for children’s cancer research is probably a marketing thing to raise more money for cancer research in general. I wouldn’t want to be blasted with a “cure for world hunger” fund drive either, during a basketball game. Sure, speak your peace about it before the game and at halftime, I get that-worthy cause it is, but when play is in progress, let’s talk about the game.

Reactions: MaxCoke
It was a basketball game we came to watch. The constant fund drive got a little annoying after awhile. The fact it was for children’s cancer research is probably a marketing thing to raise more money for cancer research in general. I wouldn’t want to be blasted with a “cure for world hunger” fund drive either, during a basketball game. Sure, speak your peace about it before the game and at halftime, I get that-worthy cause it is, but when play is in progress, let’s talk about the game.
Uh, it’s called the Jimmy V Classic for a reason. You might .want to have a second cup of coffee and think a little harder next time.

Reactions: thezinfan1
Shut the F up!!

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been 10 years since I listened to Vitale. I haven't listened to any ESPN broadcasts for several years.

Bilas, Jockitch, Vitale et. al. suck!

I remember in the Calbert Cheaney days we played Purdue on a Monday or Tuesday Night. We were just killing them in the first half. Vitale yells, "better warm up the bus Keady". I loved that. So did my Dad. He still quotes that line.
Vitale loves the comedic one-liners!

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been 10 years since I listened to Vitale. I haven't listened to any ESPN broadcasts for several years.

Bilas, Jockitch, Vitale et. al. suck!
The Duke lovers and the IU hater!
Great isn't it!

Uh, it’s called the Jimmy V Classic for a reason. You might .want to have a second cup of coffee and think a little harder next time.
Dukie V's rants at the Jimmy V Classic.
Walton is high in Maui Jim sunglasses talking about his bike in Hawaii.
You can count on both of these happening every year!

Vitale has ruined every game he’s called for the last 25 years.

This is correct.
Actually, I thought that last night he was not as bad as he usually is.
I'll only listen to him if I REALLY want to watch a particular game.
Most times, if he's on I'll find another game to watch.

Vitale is funny! I look at Vitale as a hoops comedian. Him and Walton when he's high are funny to listen to.
Walton reminds me of a stoner in high school. He would babble about dumb things between class and then ask me for a quarter for the vending machine. It was difficult having a locker next to him. He took full advantage of an open campus at lunch time.

it’s the Jimmy V classic you stupid F!
IU fans are beyond pathetic. Win a game let’s fire the coach. Fk Dick V as well and this cancer thing. I want to hear about my Hoosiers so I can run to the message board and talk shit about them.
Disgusting.

The Duke lovers and the IU hater!
Great isn't it!
Bilas and Vitale have supported IU since Knight was here, both having great things to say about IU as well as a close friendship with Knight. To this day they are all still close, meanwhile both have maintained a high respect towards IU all things considered.

it’s the Jimmy V classic you stupid F!
IU fans are beyond pathetic. Win a game let’s fire the coach. Fk Dick V as well and this cancer thing. I want to hear about my Hoosiers so I can run to the message board and talk shit about them.
Disgusting.
If it wasn’t Jimmie V it would be the Dickie V Classic or some other made for TV holiday money make for only God knows whom. If I want a long winded fundraising drive, I’ll turn on the PBS channel. Keep it basketball when basketball is on the court. BTW, did you send ‘em your check?

Bilas and Vitale have supported IU since Knight was here, both having great things to say about IU as well as a close friendship with Knight. To this day they are all still close, meanwhile both have maintained a high respect towards IU all things considered.
I'm talking Dakich and his grudge against IU since he was not hired full time after being the interim coach for a few games after the Sampson firing.

Walton is the stoner in class, only he is basically 7 foot tall and was a College All-American and a NCAA and NBA Champion.

Can't listen to Dickie V. Haven't been able to listen to him in years.
Dickie V deserved to go out on top but he’s now on the downward facing slope of the parabolic curve in life. Some people are just afraid to give it all up...the self esteem they created in the work force, the adrenaline rush of self importance created at the expense of others. When those pawns are no longer at their disposal, what will their next move be, the nursing home?

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Dukie V can't give it up.
Like Dick Clark on New Year's Eve after a stroke.
Like Bret Favre on his 3rd comeback.
Adam V. just missed another PAT.... too soon?

The first 3 minutes of the game went by before they actually started commenting on the game. There were long stretches where the play was going on and they were rambling on about everything but the action on the floor. Not a fan. I just turned off the sound in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT