ADVERTISEMENT

Dems working to block rfk jr from appearing on ballots

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019

this surprises me. i actually know quite a few people who are excited to vote for jr. i'd bet anything they would have voted for trump. my instinct is tht he will hurt trump more than biden - vaccines, censorship, etc.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
nno

this surprises me. i actually know quite a few people who are excited to vote for jr. i'd bet anything they would have voted for trump. my instinct is tht he will hurt trump more than biden - vaccines, censorship, etc
No surprise they seem him a a threat and to them democracy means keeping him off the ballot. They did it to stein in 2020. I see west made the michigan ballot which is devestating for biden so i assume the will try and get him kicked off as well. West is taking 9 percent of the black vote in michigan currently. Biden is only getting 54 percent of the black vote in michigan right now and he knows that is game over for him.

Kennedy hurts trump more in certain states but biden more in others. He really hurts biden in georgia and arizona

Reactions: DANC and ulrey

this surprises me. i actually know quite a few people who are excited to vote for jr. i'd bet anything they would have voted for trump. my instinct is tht he will hurt trump more than biden - vaccines, censorship, etc.
They probably know better than we do, since they have highly paid experts figuring this shit out, but I'm with you. If I'm the Dems, my gut is make sure everyone knows RFK is on the menu.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Seems silly I think RFK Junior appeals more to MAGA with his anti-vax stance. Biden and crew are panicked. Biden said he was only around for one term. Now he may well be reviled as the man who allowed US constitution and democracy to end. I do not understand what he’s thinking. I’ll sit this election out getting ready for the next phase- honestly I want zero culpability as to what’s to come as neither outcome is positive.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Supposedly Cornell West has qualified for the ballot in Michigan. That could be huge.

Seems silly I think RFK Junior appeals more to MAGA with his anti-vax stance. Biden and crew are panicked. Biden said he was only around for one term. Now he may well be reviled as the man who allowed US constitution and democracy to end. I do not understand what he’s thinking. I’ll sit this election out getting ready for the next phase- honestly I want zero culpability as to what’s to come as neither outcome is positive.
You’ll have equal culpability by not voting. It’s a choice. A bad one, but we all have to make bad choices sometime.

Reactions: Indyhorn

Think the biggest threat is splitting the never trumper vote. Many people aren't voting for biden but against Trump.

Splitting votes 3 ways gives more power to the maga faithful because they could win with less than 50% of the vote.

You’ll have equal culpability by not voting. It’s a choice. A bad one, but we all have to make bad choices sometime.
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"- N. Peart

The idea that by not casting a vote for the lesser of the two evils you haven't chosen anything and are somehow culpable is an odd way to think about this. In what other situation is someone chastised for not making a bad choice, when the better option is to not choose either?

The idea that by not casting a vote for the lesser of the two evils you haven't chosen anything and are somehow culpable is an odd way to think about this. In what other situation is someone chastised for not making a bad choice, when the better option is to not choose either?
Not so much today, but you probably just described much of the history of women selecting husbands.

This was never a serious campaign. RFK is a far left liberal loon. The goal all along was to drain enough votes in PA, MI, and WI for Biden to squeak out a win and he could then have the Governorship of CA when Newsom is termed out.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory

It’s not the better option though. I may not like either option of airplane food, but I’ll take one to keep from starving.

It’s not the better option though. I may not like either option of airplane food, but I’ll take one to keep from starving.
I'd just wait until I landed instead of eating something I don't like, just because that was someone else's expectation of me when they presented me with two bad choices.

It's the best option for me. You make your choices and I'll make mine.

I'd just wait until I landed instead of eating something I don't like, just because that was someone else's expectation of me when they presented me with two bad choices.

It's the best option for me. You make your choices and I'll make mine.
Not on a 12 hour flight or longer, I don’t imagine. I’m not trying to make your choice. I’m just saying why I’d never sit out an election.

Not on a 12 hour flight or longer, I don’t imagine. I’m not trying to make your choice. I’m just saying why I’d never sit out an election.
The analogy isnt working.

Just because I'm not voting for one of the two mainstream presidential candidates doesn't mean I'm sitting out the election.

Reactions: BradStevens

Just because I'm not voting for one of the two mainstream presidential candidates doesn't mean I'm sitting out the election.
There are too many people that believe a 3rd party candidate has no chance that they will vote for whatever main candidate they prefer or dislike the least.

There are too many people that believe a 3rd party candidate has no chance that they will vote for whatever main candidate they prefer or dislike the least.
Yeah, we're all aware of that here. I'm not one of those people and that wasn't the discussion zeke and I were having.

are you nuts!!!! vote trump. duh. did you hear we might be getting a "Migrant League of Fighters"? LIke cock fights. Be fun for betting too. you could have them fight for citizenship or deportation. And then maybe the Ultimate Migrant Fighter could get a cash prize. So like a mil and probably a car and then citizenship. From CNN

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday said he floated the idea of having a “migrant league of fighters” to UFC President Dana White, again employing dehumanizing language to describe people who enter the US illegally.

“I said, ‘Dana, I have an idea: Why don’t you set up a migrant league of fighters and have your regular league of fighters. And then you have the champion of your league — these are the greatest fighters in the world — fight the champion of the migrants. I think the migrants’ guy might win, that’s how tough they are,” the presumptive GOP presidential nominee said at a gathering of Christian conservatives in Washington.

Trump added, “He didn’t like that idea too much, but actually, it’s not the worst idea I’ve ever had.”

The former president repeated the comments at a campaign rally in Philadelphia later Saturday.

Please don't quote Rush. They suck.

No single person is culpable for the election of a President. The notion is silly.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT