ADVERTISEMENT

Dawson Garcia

You sure like talking ‘bout our panties. Your next post about basketball will be your first. #priorities
I do? Hm ok. Ya I’ll try to give some great insight on x and o like you do. Please enlighten us

What makes you think that I "openly accept losing?" That's stupid.

Haven’t you heard? If you’re not an emotional little girl convinced that the team is destined to fail, are not willing to engage in pointless bitching on a message board, or are willing to support the team until changes are needed, you are a sunshine pumper that is ok with losing.

If things get really bad they might even start recruiting at the level Archie Miller currently is.
Yeah... terrible recruiting. Last year's freshmen included a Mr. Indiana McD boy, a bunch of 4 stars to surround him, and our starting point guard. This year's class had another Mr. Indiana McD boy. I can see why one might think IU's recruiting is lacking.

How hard is it to recruit like Kansas?

Just go into the inner city with an open checkbook and sign a quid pro quo shoe deal.

Pretty simple really.

With a glance at Kansas at KU's starting lineup next year, not one of their starters is from what would normally be considered the "inner city". I'm curious why you assumed as much?

With a glance at Kansas at KU's starting lineup next year, not one of their starters is from what would normally be considered the "inner city". I'm curious why you assumed as much?

This year? Cool...I guess that erases the past.

I guess if you just deny enough everything goes away. Sherron Collins, Billy Preston, Josh Shelby, Cliff Alexander, Brandon Rush, etc never ever really existed.

What does DeSousa average this year? Are you going to finally get some return on your investment?

I actually hope you win your fight against the NCAA, and then they truly make you a victim.

Hire crooked refs against you, give you the worst seeds they can or simply collude against you, freezing you out.

Better yet allow players to be bought, then watch Wichita State become the new super power with all of that oil money.

Allow everyone to recruit like Kansas.

This year? Cool...I guess that erases the past.

I guess if you just deny enough everything goes away. Sherron Collins, Billy Preston, Josh Shelby, Cliff Alexander, Brandon Rush, etc never ever really existed.

What does DeSousa average this year? Are you going to finally get some return on your investment?

I actually hope you win your fight against the NCAA, and then they truly make you a victim.

Hire crooked refs against you, give you the worst seeds they can or simply collude against you, freezing you out.

Better yet allow players to be bought, then watch Wichita State become the new super power with all of that oil money.

Allow everyone to recruit like Kansas.

everyone does recruit like Kansas, at least everyone successful, and apologize for your racist assumption.

everyone does recruit like Kansas, at least everyone successful, and apologize for your racist assumption.

If I apologise then I can't really get on my soapbox for the real victims here, the brutally poor kids who are preyed upon by rich, preditors like Self to make millions for others.

Okay poor choice of words then. Replace 'inner city' with 'brutally poor'.

Why a poor choice of words? It wasn’t.

You gave recent examples of kids recruited from the inner city. Those kids just happen to be black.

So stating the truth is racist? Geez . . .

Sherron Collins, Brandon Rush and Josh Selby are recent examples? Is there any evidence of impropriety in regards to any of those players? I don't understand why the location in which they grew up is even relevant when discussing possible recruiting violations.

Sherron Collins, Brandon Rush and Josh Selby are recent examples? Is there any evidence of impropriety in regards to any of those players? I don't understand why the location in which they grew up is even relevant when discussing possible recruiting violations.
Was Bill Self at Kansas when all those players were recruited? Yep . . . so, enlighten us - what “racist remark” did Tommy make in stating that Kansas recruited them from the inner city?

Was Bill Self at Kansas when all those players were recruited? Yep . . . so, enlighten us - what “racist remark” did Tommy make in stating that Kansas recruited them from the inner city?

Why did Tommy characterize KU's recruiting style as:

"Just go into the inner city with an open checkbook and sign a quid pro quo shoe deal."

Especially when we've shown in this thread that Kansas doesn't necessarily pull in any more "inner city" kids than anyone else.

What is it about inner city kids that Tommy think they're essential for KU's recruiting style?

Last edited:

"Just go into the inner city with an open checkbook and sign a quid pro quo shoe deal."

Especially when we've shown in this thread that Kansas doesn't necessarily pull in any more "inner city" kids than anyone else.

What is it about inner city kids that Tommy think they're essential for KU's recruiting style?
Again, what did he say that was “racist”?

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye

Inner city is recognized as the poorest part of a city. You are the racist for assuming poor = black.

Why a poor choice of words? It wasn’t.

You gave recent examples of kids recruited from the inner city. Those kids just happen to be black.

So stating the truth is racist? Geez . . .
Everything is racist these days to certain people even though true racism doesnt hardly exist anymore. Its a nice talking point.

Reactions: brebelle3
Inner city is recognized as the poorest part of a city. You are the racist for assuming poor = black.

Here we are dozens of posts in and no one has answered my question. Why did Tommy characterize Kansas recruiting that way? What is it about Kansas players that made him assume they're all from the inner city? I suppose only he can answer that.

Everything is racist these days to certain people even though true racism doesnt hardly exist anymore. Its a nice talking point.

...says the middle aged white guy. Racism (and tons of other isms) is human nature... it exists and will always exist. We're people, we can't help ourselves. Are people being lynched? Maybe not, but if you don't think racism plays a role in treatment by police, the justice system, and in a million other less obvious ways in daily life... well you're a white male who doesn't pay hardly any attention to such things, because you don't have to. And I'm a white male and appreciate that almost every day.

Here we are dozens of posts in and no one has answered my question. Why did Tommy characterize Kansas recruiting that way? What is it about Kansas players that made him assume they're all from the inner city? I suppose only he can answer that.
Here is what you won’t answer: what about his statement was racist?

Here is what you won’t answer: what about his statement was racist?

There was an obviously racist implication whether you and Tommy realize it or not, which is why I suspect he disappeared from this thread.

The implication being that all Self has to do is offer money to inner city kids (who are overwhelmingly black) and they will come running to Kansas.

The implication is made even more silly in that KU's team this year isn't even close to a majority of inner city kids. Which begs the question, why did Tommy assume it was?

There was an obviously racist implication whether you and Tommy realize it or not, which is why I suspect he disappeared from this thread.

The implication being that all Self has to do is offer money to inner city kids (who are overwhelmingly black) and they will come running to Kansas.

The implication is made even more silly in that KU's team this year isn't even close to a majority of inner city kids. Which begs the question, why did Tommy assume it was?

Because I already answered yesterday.

Now you're the one being asked by others why you chose to deflect the conversation behind a racist overtone.

Don't lose sight that your original comment was shitting on Indiana recruiting in comparison to Kansas when the answer is pretty simple...we don't cheat like Kansas does.

Why won't you answer the original question. Am I wrong? Does Kansas cheat, do they not or do we cheat just as much as them...or is every coach just dumb, obtuse and naive to the process.

Here's a pretty long list of Self/Kansas accusations if you want some reading material if you're not sure.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/kansas-basketball-scandals-very-long-takes-time-read

Because I already answered yesterday.

Now you're the one being asked by others why you chose to deflect the conversation behind a racist overtone.

Don't lose sight that your original comment was shitting on Indiana recruiting in comparison to Kansas when the answer is pretty simple...we don't cheat like Kansas does.

Why won't you answer the original question. Am I wrong? Does Kansas cheat, do they not or do we cheat just as much as them...or is every coach just dumb, obtuse and naive to the process.

Here's a pretty long list of Self/Kansas accusations if you want some reading material if you're not sure.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/kansas-basketball-scandals-very-long-takes-time-read

I never accused you of not being able to find conspiratorial blog posts written by jaded fans.

Kansas only cheated in the sense that they existed and were sloppier than most other programs. Without Kansas appealing and winning the De Sousa decision the NCAA likely never files the NOA decision in the first place. That's what a petty and vindictive orhanization the NCAA, although we already knew that.

Defiance in the face of the NCAA is something to be lauded, by any program. Ku will likely go down, and go down hard, but don't fool yourself into thinking justice was served.

No, there wasn’t.

Tommy stayed what the FACTS are. Just where do think a majority of the illicit recruiting takes place? That’s right - in poor inner cities.

Was James Gatto racist? TJ Gassnola? Or were they players in illicit recruitment prevalent in inner city environment?

Is it immoral/unethical/illegal to target inner city kids in the way Kansas has? Yes - but it’s certainly NOT racial.

No, there wasn’t.

Tommy stayed what the FACTS are. Just where do think a majority of the illicit recruiting takes place? That’s right - in poor inner cities.

Was James Gatto racist? TJ Gassnola? Or were they players in illicit recruitment prevalent in inner city environment?

Is it immoral/unethical/illegal to target inner city kids in the way Kansas has? Yes - but it’s certainly NOT racial.

But Kansas hasn't targeted inner city kids anymore than anyone else. That's why your guys posts are so stupid.

Preston is from Santa Ana, De Sousa from Angola.

You guys seem to think they do target these kids more because you're uninformed, makes racist assumptions, or both.

But Kansas hasn't targeted inner city kids anymore than anyone else. That's why your guys posts are so stupid.

You guys seem to think they do target these kids more because you're uninformed, makes racist assumptions, or both.
So if ALL of the kids don’t come from the inner city, it negates the whole premise of his statement?

As Andy once said in The Shawshank Redemption, “How can you be so obtuse?”

I never accused you of not being able to find conspiratorial blog posts written by jaded fans.

Kansas only cheated in the sense that they existed and were sloppier than most other programs. Without Kansas appealing and winning the De Sousa decision the NCAA likely never files the NOA decision in the first place. That's what a petty and vindictive orhanization the NCAA, although we already knew that.

Defiance in the face of the NCAA is something to be lauded, by any program. Ku will likely go down, and go down hard, but don't fool yourself into thinking justice was served.

Thanks for answering the post.

I obviously don't agree and believe that your stance, which is very well delivered, has less than a frpeaughian 10% chance of being accurate.

I obviously don't follow Kansas like IU so I'm not going argue in absolutes but, that is a lot of smoke and always has been for both entities...Kansas and Self (hell even Self's mentor was the father of one of the greatest cheating scandals in history).

As Dakich said the other day, you can't throw a dead cat in Lawrence without hitting someone involved in a recruiting violation.

This villany of the NCAA is some kind of weird justification. Like being pissed off at the DMV, maybe more like being pissed off at the commissioner of a sport. They were created by the schools in agreeance to govern themselves (per my understanding). The only power/leverage they have is what they can do with their game. To hate the NCAA is to hate Kansas itself...as it's part of the NCAA, makes up the NCAA and makes a lot of money off kids backs. Not sure what Bill makes but I'm pretty sure more than minimum wage.

I also don't think they are going to hammer Kansas. It's going to be really hard to hammer someone who has been labeled a victim in Federal court for the same things that they are coming after them for but again I'm definitely not claiming to be crazy knowledgeable on the case like I would if we were in the same crosshairs.

Self to me is interesting, like Pearl (I've always been a Pearl guy even though I'm going to laugh and agree with everyone that says he cheats). Self is a HELL of a coach. He also seems to be a pretty nice and charming dude.

But yeah, just like Bruce or Cal or recently K...I can't see how anyone can defend him with a straight face when it comes to recruiting under the table.

Reactions: thezinfan1

Are you presently a college student?

If so, undergrad or grad?

...says the middle aged white guy. Racism (and tons of other isms) is human nature... it exists and will always exist. We're people, we can't help ourselves. Are people being lynched? Maybe not, but if you don't think racism plays a role in treatment by police, the justice system, and in a million other less obvious ways in daily life... well you're a white male who doesn't pay hardly any attention to such things, because you don't have to. And I'm a white male and appreciate that almost every day.
It has more to do with their home environment and neighborhood area than race. When police have to respond to a 911 call in certain areas they know have more crime they are extra cautious and less patient with the people they encounter. When a suspect runs when he or she is encountered by police and does not halt or obey police orders, the police have to assume that the suspect does not want to be stopped and questioned, and that the suspect is running away from the cops for a reason to avoid questioning or arrest.

I don't care if the are poor inner city kids or poor kids from Appalachia. A poor kid is going to have trouble saying no to money that can help his family out of a bad situation.

Coaches like Self know what money can mean to these players. They also know if they offer money and nobody else does, the players are coming to their school. It isn't about what school is the best for the kid, it is about buying a kid's talent and preventing others with better opportunity from competing on a level playing field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT