ADVERTISEMENT

Davin Wydner

Gamaliel.

Redshirt
Jun 7, 2011
Appears Davin Wydner, a c/o 2022 QB from Florida, is our new HS QB recruiting target. Good size at 6'5 220. Doesn't appear to be a dual threat but had good productivity in the air. This season he completed 70% of his passes for a school record 3,500+ yards and led his school to the state finals. Appears to have flown under the radar in part because prior to this season he played at a small parochial school. This article indicates he's also in communication with Pitt, GA Tech, and MD.

Bell says he wants a distributor first … and will then adjust to the overall skill set.
Of course, distributor may also mean knowing when not to pull the ball on a read option.
(I’m pretty sure we aren’t going to install the Nevada - Las Vegas pistol,
without Colin Kappernick to run it (like Lynch)).

Speaking of keeping the ball…
Payton Manning famously ran a backside bootleg (once) off a stretch run to the right, on National TV.
Years before, Joe Willie Namath pulled the ball from Emerson Boozer and trotted to the flag untouched.
Pulling the ball too often makes the QB a target.

We would all like a reprisal of Ben Chappell

Appears Davin Wydner, a c/o 2022 QB from Florida, is our new HS QB recruiting target. Good size at 6'5 220. Doesn't appear to be a dual threat but had good productivity in the air. This season he completed 70% of his passes for a school record 3,500+ yards and led his school to the state finals. Appears to have flown under the radar in part because prior to this season he played at a small parochial school. This article indicates he's also in communication with Pitt, GA Tech, and MD.

I wonder if IU is talking to him by now? He shows he knows how to evaluate film and knows his offense. Good size and a decent arm go along way with knowing your offense.
I like his knowledge of what he wants to do and what the defense is trying to do. Not a runner, but he looks to have the ability to extend the play. He has had a real growth spurt so I am assuming he is still getting used to his
new size and strength.

He sure looks like a take! Hope IU is his choice

If Bell can see him fitting into his system it would be good to pull him to IU. Bell also is talking to QB Brendan Sorsby, a speedy QB that is a project in the passing department.
Per Sorsby's Twitter, we offered yesterday. We are his only P5 offer, with his other suitors including Abilene Christian, Fordham, and the service academies.

Per Sorsby's Twitter, we offered yesterday. We are his only P5 offer, with his other suitors including Abilene Christian, Fordham, and the service academies.
I find that hard to believe as I was told on this board that it was stupid to think a QB would not want to play under our newly hired AC. Surely he is 30 offers deep.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It would be nice to get the HS QB coach Bell is after for this class to start off the week.
From his Huddle highlights he appears to move well when pressured (while keeping his eyes downfield) and clearly has the ability to take off and run (he appeared to routinely out run DBs in those clips [don't know whether that means he's really fast or they're Really slow but he did it against multiple teams so I wouldn't think they're All plodders... Supposedly, N TX wanted him as a PWO RB/QB so his apparent speed may be legit.]...).

Peyton Ramsey 3.0 ? ? ? Hope so!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT