ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Dakich says he'd "urine" on Bob Knight's grave....

Well, let's start you off with an easy one. Did you see any movie with this character?

is
I did, back in the late 70's probably. Haven't been to a movie since Christmas with the Kranks.

I did, back in the late 70's probably. Haven't been to a movie since Christmas with the Kranks.
Yeah but you don't need to go to a movie to see Animal House or Castaway, no matter whether you have cable, antenna or something like Netflix. Those are frequently broadcast any number of ways.

Have you see any of the X Men, Avengers or Ironman movies by any medium whatever?

Yeah but you don't need to go to a movie to see Animal House or Castaway, no matter whether you have cable, antenna or something like Netflix. Those are frequently broadcast any number of ways.

Have you see any of the X Men, Avengers or Ironman movies by any medium whatever?
Have seen Animal House; none of th others you mentioned.

Seen Bob Knight years ago at the airport, with my son who was 8 at the time. We walked passed him and I said How are you doing coach? He looked up with the angriest look on his face and said, "can't you see I'm busy here!" He was not busy he was sitting down watching the television. After that day, I have no respect for the man. Great coach, awful human being.

Seen Bob Knight years ago at the airport, with my son who was 8 at the time. We walked passed him and I said How are you doing coach? He looked up with the angriest look on his face and said, "can't you see I'm busy here!" He was not busy he was sitting down watching the television. After that day, I have no respect for the man. Great coach, awful human being.

I won't disagree that Knight has been an a-hole, especially since he was fired at IU. However, I must say I have seen a different side of him as well. I live near a popular restaurant that IU, PU, UI, & OSU would stop in to eat when traveling for games. Players from the others schools always made a big scenes when they were there. Knight would bring the Hoosiers in the back door , away from the other patrons, usually didn't even know they were there unless you saw the bus or them going in the back door. Knight would always grab a sandwich & go into town to the local nursing home where he would spend time with the residents there, especially with the ones that were IU fans.

I personally know two terminally ill people that he would give IU paraphernalia to. One, an elderly ladythat was a resident of the local nursing home, the other was a gentleman that use to work for us that Knight would visit at his home. So at one point in time he did have some good in his heart.

As for your story, I have seen that from other well known personalities. One of the worst I witnessed was Dick Vitale. My wife & I were waiting on a plane at the Indianapolis airport. Vitale was standing off to the side reading a newspaper while waiting for the same plane when he was approached by a couple young men who asked for his autograph. His profanity laced reply could be heard though out the waiting area. Not to defend either one but I think we do need to respect the privacy of these people as I am sure they are continuously hounded by people and they enjoy what little time they get to be by their selves & not hounded by complete strangers looking for autographs or whatever.

There is a side to many famous people that most would not see. Years ago I had a large satellite dish that would have wild feeds. I came across Vin Scully standing up in his booth and looking toward the camera. All of a sudden he started berating someone behind the scenes. Although he didn't curse, it was a surprise to hear Scully act like that. I wish I would have recorded it, had I known he was going to do that.

It will be interesting to see how Dakich talks about IU once they start winning at a high level every season. Will he become a full time cheerleader or still take shots at the program?

There is a side to many famous people that most would not see. Years ago I had a large satellite dish that would have wild feeds. I came across Vin Scully standing up in his booth and looking toward the camera. All of a sudden he started berating someone behind the scenes. Although he didn't curse, it was a surprise to hear Scully act like that. I wish I would have recorded it, had I known he was going to do that.

I use to have one of the big sat dish, back before you had to subscribe to everything. Those wild feeds could be very entertaining, also very informative. I remember back during the first Gulf War I was picking up backfeeds of what was going on a day or two before it ever hit national news

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
Covington and the beef house? I'm from Covington.

I won't disagree that Knight has been an a-hole, especially since he was fired at IU. However, I must say I have seen a different side of him as well. I live near a popular restaurant that IU, PU, UI, & OSU would stop in to eat when traveling for games. Players from the others schools always made a big scenes when they were there. Knight would bring the Hoosiers in the back door , away from the other patrons, usually didn't even know they were there unless you saw the bus or them going in the back door. Knight would always grab a sandwich & go into town to the local nursing home where he would spend time with the residents there, especially with the ones that were IU fans.

I personally know two terminally ill people that he would give IU paraphernalia to. One, an elderly ladythat was a resident of the local nursing home, the other was a gentleman that use to work for us that Knight would visit at his home. So at one point in time he did have some good in his heart.

As for your story, I have seen that from other well known personalities. One of the worst I witnessed was Dick Vitale. My wife & I were waiting on a plane at the Indianapolis airport. Vitale was standing off to the side reading a newspaper while waiting for the same plane when he was approached by a couple young men who asked for his autograph. His profanity laced reply could be heard though out the waiting area. Not to defend either one but I think we do need to respect the privacy of these people as I am sure they are continuously hounded by people and they enjoy what little time they get to be by their selves & not hounded by complete strangers looking for autographs or whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT