ADVERTISEMENT

Damezi Anderson

Literally nobody thinks that. The only comparison between Luke Brown and Damon Bailey is that Brown may break his scoring record. They aren't a semblance of the same player. Damon Bailey was bigger, faster, stronger, a ton more athletic than Luke Brown. There's a reason why Luke Brown only has offers from Ball State, Miami (OH), and Navy.
Well somebody kept posting things about him and his free throw percentage like we were suppose to sign him up.

Ohio.

Where are all his skill position players from?

Ja'Marr Chase---Harvey LA
Terrace Marshall---Bossier City LA
Justin Rose---St. Rose LA
Clyde Edwards-Helaire---Baton Rouge LA.

As another post above stated, 15 of LSU's 22 starters are home grown. Nobody said IU is above taking kids from out of state, but when your home state perennially produces the best high school talent around, there's not a huge emphasis to look elsewhere.

You're lack of self-awareness is astounding.
Way too nice of a way of saying that he is a dumbass.

Literally nobody thinks that. The only comparison between Luke Brown and Damon Bailey is that Brown may break his scoring record. They aren't a semblance of the same player. Damon Bailey was bigger, faster, stronger, a ton more athletic than Luke Brown. There's a reason why Luke Brown only has offers from Ball State, Miami (OH), and Navy.

There are a couple who think that. Can't remember the poster's handle but I believe he/she is Brown's cousin.

If you keep placing everyone on ignore that thinks you are an idiot you won’t have any threads left to read. Since I’m on the “Bailey777 Is An Idiot Team” could you ignore me too?[/QUOTE

Done. I don't deal with name calling cutter hillbillies.

Damezi's 28% on 3s for the year. but only 1 for 8 on 3s and 1 for 5 on 2s in BT play.

I haven't noticed Damezi being more aggressive driving the ball.....are you talking about FB situations, because generally he stands out on the perimeter and swings the ball around. I really don't want to see driving at this point, because we already have plenty of guys who aren't particularly efficient at driving the ball.....Rob, Green, Durham, Hunter.....but are still better than him at it He could be helpful if he'd just go stand in the corner and wait for open 3s, as he did in the NEB game, IF he could hit the 3s at a higher rate.

You say he's a streaky 3 pt shooter.....has he ever had a good streak in college?

I do agree he's improved otherwise....he provides some effort, he's not horrible defensively.....in 54 minutes of BT play, he's got 12 rebs. 4 assists, 2 TOs, and 2 steals, which isn't bad.
It was hard to remember him taking a 2 point shot last year. He took exactly 0 free throws last year in 21 games. He didn't get fouled because he never drove to the basket or went near the lane. He is more active this year, but he can to do more.

He has had a couple of multiple 3 point games. Not many, but he hasn't played that much either

Reactions: MrBing
It was hard to remember him taking a 2 point shot last year. He took exactly 0 free throws last year in 21 games. He didn't get fouled because he never drove to the basket or went near the lane. He is more active this year, but he can to do more.

He has had a couple of multiple 3 point games. Not many, but he hasn't played that much either

Here are his important #s:

2019------202 minutes, 5/13 on 2s, 7/30 on 3s, 0/1 on FTs, 24 rebs, 8 assists, 31 pts
2020------198 minutes, 9/17 on 2s, 8/29 on 3s, 9/10 on FTs, 34 rebs (8 more ORs than '19), 17 assists, 51 pts

So improvement, yes, but not dramatic. Amazing that he could have played 202 minutes last year and shot 1 FT.

2019------202 minutes, 5/13 on 2s, 7/30 on 3s, 0/1 on FTs, 24 rebs, 8 assists, 31 pts
2020------198 minutes, 9/17 on 2s, 8/29 on 3s, 9/10 on FTs, 34 rebs (8 more ORs than '19), 17 assists, 51 pts

So improvement, yes, but not dramatic. Amazing that he could have played 202 minutes last year and shot 1 FT.

Miller has largely relied on one and two year players so far as far as his recruits go. Romeo was a one and done player. Fitzner was a one and done player. Brunk will be a two and done. TJD will most likely only play two years. Once all of the veteran (Crean) players leave, what will be the remaining core? What will be the foundation for our program?

In 2021-2022 we will have three Seniors (assuming no one leaves), led by Rob plus a Junior in Hunter. We will also have next years class, and the class after that. It looks to me that the development of DA is somewhat important. I like Race as being part of the core, but is he really much of a scoring option? I love Rob, but to be honest have some concerns about penciling him in as a 4 year starting PG, from a staying healthy standpoint. Throw in Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo (plus another class).....does that seem like a solid core of a great team?

Miller has largely relied on one and two year players so far as far as his recruits go. Romeo was a one and done player. Fitzner was a one and done player. Brunk will be a two and done. TJD will most likely only play two years. Once all of the veteran (Crean) players leave, what will be the remaining core? What will be the foundation for our program?

In 2021-2022 we will have three Seniors (assuming no one leaves), led by Rob plus a Junior in Hunter. We will also have next years class, and the class after that. It looks to me that the development of DA is somewhat important. I like Race as being part of the core, but is he really much of a scoring option? I love Rob, but to be honest have some concerns about penciling him in as a 4 year starting PG, from a staying healthy standpoint. Throw in Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo (plus another class).....does that seem like a solid core of a great team?
Hard to predict but do you honestly see 3 NBA players on roster in 2 years? Assuming TJD leaves after this or next year? I just don’t. Don’t think Phinesse is NBA

Hard to predict but do you honestly see 3 NBA players on roster in 2 years? Assuming TJD leaves after this or next year? I just don’t. Don’t think Phinesse is NBA

If TJD goes early, we only have Five players on the roster now that will be here in 2 years. And that's if everyone stays. A lot rides on the next two classes.

Edit: I forgot about Franklin in my post above

If TJD goes early, we only have Five players on the roster now that will be here in 2 years. And that's if everyone stays. A lot rides on the next two classes.

Edit: I forgot about Franklin in my post above
2021 it is then. Make or break. A bad 2020 season might b forgiven with a stud 2021 recruiting class and the reverse a so so season but sub top 20 2021 recruiting class could be the end.

2021 it is then. Make or break. A bad 2020 season might b forgiven with a stud 2021 recruiting class and the reverse a so so season but sub top 20 2021 recruiting class could be the end.
You post that like you have any say, or that anyone here GAFF about your basketball "takes".
Of course, after March 15, you won't be here any more, so knock yourself out, I guess.

Reactions: MrBing

We should be good next year. We'll be loaded with experienced players (Smith-Sr, Durham -SR, Brunk -SR, plus a Junior Phin and TDJ). My expectations for next year will be very high.

I just have no idea about the following year

I'm not saying he is a stud or ready to be first off the bench. He is at the place I expected him to be last year.

It is hard to say how productive he will become. Archie likes him and he may be one of those that practices well and plays poorly. If Archie likes him, I'm willing to wait.

We should be good next year. We'll be loaded with experienced players (Smith-Sr, Durham -SR, Brunk -SR, plus a Junior Phin and TDJ). My expectations for next year will be very high.

I just have no idea about the following year
'21-'22 is largely TBD. We should have Phinisee, Franklin, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, Anderson, Thompson. I will assume TJD be gone. A solid group that doesn't scream out as a great team now, but they may be good veteran players by that time.

I would see us recruiting 2 PGs (hopefully Lander is one of them), 2 bigs, and at least one SG and leave the last spot for a late signing elite player or a grad transfer that is a good fit. We need one, preferably two, impact players in addition to the veteran players.

I would like to see us use our open spot in 2020 for a good freshman or sophomore transfer that could sit out a year and bring a little experience to '21 and be in the class with our '20 recruits.

Reactions: .Gerdis
'21-'22 is largely TBD. We should have Phinisee, Franklin, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, Anderson, Thompson. I will assume TJD be gone. A solid group that doesn't scream out as a great team now, but they may be good veteran players by that time.

I would see us recruiting 2 PGs (hopefully Lander is one of them), 2 bigs, and at least one SG and leave the last spot for a late signing elite player or a grad transfer that is a good fit. We need one, preferably two, impact players in addition to the veteran players.

I would like to see us use our open spot in 2020 for a good freshman or sophomore transfer that could sit out a year and bring a little experience to '21 and be in the class with our '20 recruits.
That’s 3 years from now.....how many nba players there if that’s our roster we got issues, there better be some recruiting studs in there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT