ADVERTISEMENT

Damezi Anderson

Nope. I really don't think he should play any minutes myself. Nothing against the kid but he is currently not ready for this level.
It was announced on here and before the game he was sick. Been mentioned on here several times since. Yet we are still trying to make a big deal out of it. And used as another opportunity to trash one of our players. Sometimes I think this fanbase does not deserve to be a winner again.

It was announced on here and before the game he was sick. Been mentioned on here several times since. Yet we are still trying to make a big deal out of it. And used as another opportunity to trash one of our players. Sometimes I think this fanbase does not deserve to be a winner again.
The loud crying emotionally compromised whiner minority does not represent this fanbase. They only represent their malcontent generally ignorant selves..

Excpet for his shot, I have been encouraged by Hunter. Hoping he can knock down a couple of 3's or even mid range jumpers and get some confidence. I'd rather DA sit and see if Hunter can progress with a few extra minutes each game. My 2nd choice would play DA and not Hunter. I am not a fan of giving them each short stints.

Anderson seems like a prime transfer candidate. We somehow avoided transfers last spring. I think we will see some this year. I hope Archie has some targets lined up as replacements.

Trashed lol. Not every one of our guys is going to play period. I simple said I don't think he is a rotation guy this year. Are we suppose to say every player is a stud? I get unicorn and rainbows but come on.

Reactions: bsmitty08
The loud crying emotionally compromised whiner minority does not represent this fanbase. They only represent their malcontent generally ignorant selves..
Sorry every player we have is a flat out stud.

Anderson is an Indiana kid. It’s important we get the best Indiana kids, which he was. Start or not he’s good for us. Go Hoosiers!
Wrong-,It’s important we get the best recruits available, LSU didn’t kick Clemson ass by getting the best Louisiana players, enjoy your mediocrity.

Wrong-,It’s important we get the best recruits available, LSU didn’t kick Clemson ass by getting the best Louisiana players, enjoy your mediocrity.
Just a quick look and at least 59 kids on LSU are from Louisiana. Best kids in state are the foundation for a healthy state program if the in state kids can play. I’ll stand by my comments regarding Anderson. You’re certainly free to disagree. We all want to win. That’s why we play. Go Hoosiers!

Just a quick look and at least 59 kids on LSU are from Louisiana. Best kids in state are the foundation for a healthy state program if the in state kids can play. I’ll stand by my comments regarding Anderson. You’re certainly free to disagree. We all want to win. That’s why we play. Go Hoosiers!

Don't engage stupid. LSU has 7 starters from Louisiana on offense and 8 on defense and they regularly recruit Louisiana who produces some of the best high school talent in America.

I totally agree with the idea of recruiting the state hard, but just being one of the best from IN in a given year isn't reason enough to recruit someone. Damezi's still has to prove he can play consistently at this level.

Actually, that is exactly what they did with in state players. Check the roster and then go away.

Nope. I really don't think he should play any minutes myself. Nothing against the kid but he is currently not ready for this level.
Damezi has made progress. His defense has improved a ton, but he still has work to do. He looks to be better around the basket and he has been more aggressive off the dribble this year. That is the area he should develop. His shot looks flat and he won't become a consistent 3 point shooter off the bench.

He isn't going to get the minutes this year to determine much about his game.

He can contribute with more improvement on D, rebounding, and cleaning up around the basket. Like Hunter, I don't mind him shooting one or two from 3 if they are open.

Damezi's flatter shot makes him a streaky shooter. Hunter's shot looks good on the way to the basket, but he is all over the place. I feel better that he will improve once he gets comfortable. That happens when he can play more. He can earn those minutes the same way as Damezi.

A comparison of bench players shooting 3s:

Hunter - 4/26 15%
Anderson - 8/29 28%
Thompson - 3/7 43%
Franklin - 8/42 19%

I believe Thompson's numbers are due to being left open and taking good shots. I wouldn't mind him shooting a little more to see how his percentage is affected.

Anderson is an Indiana kid. It’s important we get the best Indiana kids, which he was. Start or not he’s good for us. Go Hoosiers!
Wrong. It's important we get the best players period. I suppose by your thinking we should offer Luke Brown today.

Some of that depends on the state and what it produces on a regular basis. If a football program in Florida,Georgia,Ohio etc has the majority of the kids from those states then they can be very good all the time. Indiana tends to produce better basketball players than football ones. I'm not saying we have no good football players coming out of the state, but probably not enough to produce powerhouse football on a consistent basis.

Damezi has made progress. His defense has improved a ton, but he still has work to do. He looks to be better around the basket and he has been more aggressive off the dribble this year. That is the area he should develop. His shot looks flat and he won't become a consistent 3 point shooter off the bench.

He isn't going to get the minutes this year to determine much about his game.

He can contribute with more improvement on D, rebounding, and cleaning up around the basket. Like Hunter, I don't mind him shooting one or two from 3 if they are open.

Damezi's flatter shot makes him a streaky shooter. Hunter's shot looks good on the way to the basket, but he is all over the place. I feel better that he will improve once he gets comfortable. That happens when he can play more. He can earn those minutes the same way as Damezi.

A comparison of bench players shooting 3s:

Hunter - 4/26 15%
Anderson - 8/29 28%
Thompson - 3/7 43%
Franklin - 8/42 19%

I believe Thompson's numbers are due to being left open and taking good shots. I wouldn't mind him shooting a little more to see how his percentage is affected.

Damezi's 28% on 3s for the year. but only 1 for 8 on 3s and 1 for 5 on 2s in BT play.

I haven't noticed Damezi being more aggressive driving the ball.....are you talking about FB situations, because generally he stands out on the perimeter and swings the ball around. I really don't want to see driving at this point, because we already have plenty of guys who aren't particularly efficient at driving the ball.....Rob, Green, Durham, Hunter.....but are still better than him at it He could be helpful if he'd just go stand in the corner and wait for open 3s, as he did in the NEB game, IF he could hit the 3s at a higher rate.

You say he's a streaky 3 pt shooter.....has he ever had a good streak in college?

I do agree he's improved otherwise....he provides some effort, he's not horrible defensively.....in 54 minutes of BT play, he's got 12 rebs. 4 assists, 2 TOs, and 2 steals, which isn't bad.

Wrong. It's important we get the best players period. I suppose by your thinking we should offer Luke Brown today.

Luke Brown isn't anywhere near the "best player" in Indiana. Not even in the top 20. There's 7 players from Indiana in the top 100 and 10 in the top 150. With Furst, Lander, Kauffman, Goode, and Wesley all uncommitted, there's zero reason for IU to go on a wild goose chase across the country. Where does Luke Brown fit in that scenario?

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Luke Brown isn't anywhere near the "best player" in Indiana. Not even in the top 20. There's 7 players from Indiana in the top 100 and 10 in the top 150. With Furst, Lander, Kauffman, Goode, and Wesley all uncommitted, there's zero reason for IU to go on a wild goose chase across the country. Where does Luke Brown fit in that scenario?
You’ll have to excuse our drama queen of over exaggeration.

Some seem to think Brown in the next Damon Bailey.

Assuming we can get two or three of them. If not you do have to look out of state.

Some seem to think Brown in the next Damon Bailey.

Literally nobody thinks that. The only comparison between Luke Brown and Damon Bailey is that Brown may break his scoring record. They aren't a semblance of the same player. Damon Bailey was bigger, faster, stronger, a ton more athletic than Luke Brown. There's a reason why Luke Brown only has offers from Ball State, Miami (OH), and Navy.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Where is Joe Burrow from jerk offs.

Ohio.

Where are all his skill position players from?

Ja'Marr Chase---Harvey LA
Terrace Marshall---Bossier City LA
Justin Rose---St. Rose LA
Clyde Edwards-Helaire---Baton Rouge LA.

As another post above stated, 15 of LSU's 22 starters are home grown. Nobody said IU is above taking kids from out of state, but when your home state perennially produces the best high school talent around, there's not a huge emphasis to look elsewhere.

You're lack of self-awareness is astounding.

ADVERTISEMENT