ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich

ufo33

Hall of Famer
Jul 7, 2005
Dakich says, "Big Life, Big Stage, Big Ten" right after Wisconsin takes the lead.

Dakich says, "Big Life, Big Stage, Big Ten" right after Wisconsin takes the lead.
Timeout.
Dakich, "Let's sell some stuff"
Dude likes his job, he likes to rub IUs nose in it when does their games on ESPN.

Dakich is drawing all over the floor now like a kindergartner with a crayon.

I have to say he was spot on when Romeo got the ball completely raked away from himself in the first half. And Dan said ..Romeo's not going to get on the floor and get dirty to get it back..

That is when I turned him down. The tone of voice was nasty. Just classless.

Reactions: ROBBOB
My two favorite Dakich spins was really calling out the refs for calls against Wiskie and then laughing about the Hall of Calls.

Against Wisconsin.

Not Penn State, NU or half the other teams that never get calls.

Wisconsin.

He was right, there was a bad stretch of calls that went our way. It wasn't the whole game.

The second was his quick little defense of Alford. Talking about all of his five star recruits are overrated and asking who rates the raters.

Then talks about how Langford is being mis coached.

Little things but still. We've all got agendas.

I felt he really questioned/challenged the flagrant foul call for a fairly hard elbow to Morgan's jaw. That HAS to be called today, every time!

Loyalty and gratitude are not DD’s strongest traits. He will slide the knife in without a second thought.

I turned off the sound on the TV and switched to Fisho with about 7 minutes left in regulation. Even with the 3 second difference, it was wonderful to listen to Fisho rather than the DDDouchebag.

I don't mind him ripping IU on his radio show, but he gets to personal on TV. But I am sure he is good for ratings so ESPN will put him on IU games.

His criticism of IU players over the other teams players really isn't fair. Its not like that happens with other announcers and other teams.

Dakich doesn’t get under my skin like he does with a lot of posters on this board.

But I have never heard the phrase “Hall of Calls” when referencing Assembly Hall. I guess I learned something new last night.

Dakich doesn’t get under my skin like he does with a lot of posters on this board.

But I have never heard the phrase “Hall of Calls” when referencing Assembly Hall. I guess I learned something new last night.

It is a term PUngrads used back in the Knight days. Sometimes there was some truth to it.

Reactions: SCOOTER59
I felt he really questioned/challenged the flagrant foul call for a fairly hard elbow to Morgan's jaw. That HAS to be called today, every time!

But then went crazy on the micro-second jersey grab that had zero impact on the player or the play. That was quite a display by Danny last night, he isn't happy that the team is finally playing better.

My two favorite Dakich spins was really calling out the refs for calls against Wiskie and then laughing about the Hall of Calls.

Against Wisconsin.

Not Penn State, NU or half the other teams that never get calls.

Wisconsin.

He was right, there was a bad stretch of calls that went our way. It wasn't the whole game.

The second was his quick little defense of Alford. Talking about all of his five star recruits are overrated and asking who rates the raters.

Then talks about how Langford is being mis coached.

Little things but still. We've all got agendas.

He can go f*** himslf.. Seriously. He didn't say a word when Smith reached in and got all ball on Happ, and got called for his 5th foul. We didn't get a second look at Durham's foul out on the court on Trice that let them tie the game in regulation. Not one word from Dock Itch. I don't listen to the bastard when he's on the radio, but get subjected to his bs on TV all the time. And while we're at it, f*** ESPN too.

I don't think it's a good thing that the guy is allowed to bitch for two hours about us getting calls at AH. And I mean 'not a good thing' as in possibly influencing future outcomes. To the extent it happens, AH, absent Knight, is no different than Mackey or Illinois' AH or Cameron Indoor. Him constantly bitching only about AH, to fit his personal agenda, is a load of crap.

He annoys me also.... HOWEVER, I did appreciate him pointing out, on several key possessions, IU’s great defense! There were tremendous lock down possessions that were great to see!

He can go f*** himslf.. Seriously. He didn't say a word when Smith reached in and got all ball on Happ, and got called for his 5th foul. We didn't get a second look at Durham's foul out on the court on Trice that let them tie the game in regulation. Not one word from Dock Itch. I don't listen to the bastard when he's on the radio, but get subjected to his bs on TV all the time. And while we're at it, f*** ESPN too.

I've been trying to find a way to morph the name of Dakich to Jock Itch. Your "Dock Itch" is very good. Also, someone posted Djockitch (ala Django, I'm sure). That was also good.

If anything we've had more bad calls go against us this season...and Dakich is unbearable...

Anyone that's paid attention the last 15 years knows IU has gotten the shaft more times than not at AH. Fans need to stand up to Dakich and he needs to keep mouth shut before someone really embarrassing happens to him.

Anyone that's paid attention the last 15 years knows IU has gotten the shaft more times than not at AH. Fans need to stand up to Dakich and he needs to keep mouth shut before someone really embarrassing happens to him.

Umm, no. We don't have the home cookin' advantage we used to, but like any good arena, our 17K exert some influence over the calls.

We know Dikitch reads posts on these sites as he has quoted people before by their user names. Since he can't resist the attention, the title of his thread should draw him here. I would like to call in to his show, but I would rather he gets zero calls.

Any positive things he did in his time at IU as a player and coach have been erased since he left the program. If Glass had any balls, he would be calling ESPN to make sure Dikitch and his bias against IU is not allowed. He should not be allowed to work on campus as an employee of ESPN. I don't know if he actually believes his coaching resume entitled him to replace Sampson or if he is unhappy we didn't hire Steve Alford. Whatever the case, he is impossible to listen to in IU broadcasts to the point I can't stand his voice in any game.

Luckily I can sync my TV broadcast and listen to Don Fischer. I understand Fischer is a regular on the Dikitch show. It would be awesome if Don would call out DD on the show. His thin skin would be so damaged that he would probably never talk to Don again. However, Don may be the only part of IU DD respects and the only person that could shut him up.

Reactions: ROBBOB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT