ADVERTISEMENT

Current 2024 IU Commits…

For a while at least, it will likely take us finding recruits that other coaches haven't found.

At this point, will just need faith that these players can hit above their weight class so to speak. Given Cigs record of success, I think we're in good hands.

Find recruits that have the ability/physical traits to fit in our system and then coach them up.

It seems like some of the 4 stars we have gotten in the past weren't as good as their ranking anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: red hornet
Coach said he's all football and starts his day at 5am. ( Like most coaches I guess.)

He's going to need a ton of energy still, at 62, and all his football knowledge, to put a good class together in a very short time. Hopefully then, results or at least signs of improved play will start the snowball rolling downhill for future classes. I'm optimistic!

My avatar says rather adamantly that "real" Bison don't wear nose rings...
Tell that to an aroused bull bison downwind from an amorous herd of cows in heat and see where it takes you. You'll wish you had a nose ring of this "unreal" bison to grab onto before being hoisted by his horns as if a lifeless Raggedy Ann doll.

Tell that to an aroused bull bison downwind from an amorous herd of cows in heat and see where it takes you. You'll wish you had a nose ring of this "unreal" bison to grab onto before being hoisted by his horns as if a lifeless Raggedy Ann doll.
"Real" Bison walk down and do their thing unrestrained in any form...

Don’t make the mistake of equating a domestic livestock nose ring with that of a human’s. Farmers often do this to their bulls as a safety precaution when handling them. Pulling on it with your hand in an emergency situation may save you injury but more often a halter is attached to it at livestock shows out of safety concerns. Many shows will require it. Farmers will occasionally also use this device on cows or young cattle to discourage suckling. Pigs often have nose rings, too. Personally, I like the nose ring look on the bull/bison. It gives the creature a uniqueness, an air of distinction, in addition to screaming out, “I am a bad-ass so look out when I pout!”
Piss him off and hope you live to regret it.

Just as a FYI, southern IN is home to Buffalo Trace, an ancient “highway” buffalos once used on way to the salt licks, so it makes sense to have this as a mascot, more so than a country bumpkin/Hoosier hayseed of a characterized farmer. Parts of today’s HW 60 in southern IN used to be this buffalo trail.
Right -- my objection with the nose ring is it implies domestic livestock, not untamed wild animal.

Reactions: 76-1 and abraxis
Currently at 13...wonder when evaluations and re-offering decisions are complete.
I'm wondering if this isn't the end result of a calculation of who has the highest probability of helping us early at the "skill" positions and if it appears we'll be investing more than one year to bring them to a point we're they are able to help us win then we take that scholarship and put it towards a Portal player who can help us win Now...

Long way to say that it looks like the high school "skill" players are screwed unless it appears they can help us fairly early in their career...

Once again the Portal is forcing college football to adapt to the NFL model of "what have you done for me lately" and only the very few "skill" guys are going to be given the time to develop...

Unintended consequences and all that...

Last edited:
I'm wondering if this isn't the end result of a calculation of who has the highest probability of helping us early at the "skill" positions and if it appears we'll be investing more than one year to bring them to a point we're they are able to help us win then we take that scholarship and put it towards a Portal player who can help us win Now...

Long way to say that it looks like the high school "skill" players are screwed unless it appears they can help us fairly early in their career...

Once again the Portal is forcing college football to adapt to the NFL model of "what have you done for me lately" and only the very few "skill" guys are going to be given the time to develop...

Unintended consequences and all that...
There are lots of D1 and D2 programs where high school players can develop, but I can understand if CCC does not want that in his program, at least not until he's built it up his way.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Not bad. Would be better without the nose ring.

Okay, so they lose the piercing...

Then what do think of adding some cool tats and dyed pink and blue fur?

Better yet, with every win they tattoo a tear drop on the left cheek?

You know, update it... Make it more relatable to the students.... and bring it in to the 2020's.......................................................................😁

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT