ADVERTISEMENT

Current 2024 IU Commits…

Big Red Crimson Buffalo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
We have some current verbals in the 2024 class that were offered by Coach Cig and staff at JMU. They include:

Kameron Courtney - DB from Woodburn VA

Judah Jenkins - DB from Woodburn VA

Christian Peterson - LB from Carmel IN

Javier Etheridge - ATH from Cincinnati OH

Will be interesting to see if they try to keep some, all or none of these guys?

Like the new look …
442.jpg

I’m more pondering how many of our class current commits will sign on Monday …

“ …, but you build it with high school guys. There's a lot of good players out there, a lot of guys that can be successful. “ CCC @ press conference

Like the new look …
442.jpg

I’m more pondering how many of our class current commits will sign on Monday …

“ …, but you build it with high school guys. There's a lot of good players out there, a lot of guys that can be successful. “ CCC @ press conference
Is that image really being used officially?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Not bad. Would be better without the nose ring.

They actually sold these as stuffed toys at the IU bookstore in the late 60s and early 70s. My folks had one on the bar in our basement. I believe this was the 2nd iteration of the mascot after they removed the original. Although this one looked more like a bull and never made it to the field.

EDIT: I believe now that the bison with the nose ring was 1960 and then the Nick’s bison came in around 1965.

Last edited:
Is that image really being used officially?
It was at one time. I believe around 1972-1976. I don’t know if the university officially endorsed it but there was apparel that had this exact image sold around Bloomington. My folks collected all of this stuff when I was young. I know they had t-shirts, game programs, pennants and mugs with this exact image. Would love for the university to bring this back officially.
They actually have Buffalo logo shirts for sale all over the place. Not sure if the university makes money unless the use the trademarked trident logo?

He’s probably supposed to (that was what the U indicated when KW was hired) but it’s not hard to imagine players being told “you don’t fit into our system” or “I have other guys who are ahead of you if they sign”. That’s hard but fair to all involved and better for the player in the long run.

We were still small-time in football when Kevin Wilson was hired. Now we've put on our first pair of big boy pants.

I agree with honoring promises to a commit, within reason. Coaching change prior to signing day? No reason at all - players aren't yet signed. The ethical thing to do is have the new coach decide who he wants, and be honest with the kids.

How many high school commits did we have before CCC was hired? Trying to keep track of how many of the CTA commits will remain after getting evaluated by the new staff.

Will be interesting to see who all they re-offer out of the current class. I saw the TE posted after being re-offered he was still committed. My guess is the ones de committing are being told the no longer fit and the offers are pulled or if they still want to come they can as walk ons.

It’s in the best interest of all so the players can try to find new homes. The TE also tagged another JMU coach not yet announced as coming to IU yet.

Will be interesting to see who all they re-offer out of the current class. I saw the TE posted after being re-offered he was still committed. My guess is the ones de committing are being told the no longer fit and the offers are pulled or if they still want to come they can as walk ons.

It’s in the best interest of all so the players can try to find new homes. The TE also tagged another JMU coach not yet announced as coming to IU yet.
I believe Coach Cain will be the TE coach. Another from Coach C's staff at JMU.

Reactions: 76-1
Bummed we likely lost Carpenter. I thought he sounded like a good one.
But maybe it'll work out as well as two years ago. From thedailyhoosier.com -- "This marks the second time in three years IU has lost a high school senior quarterback late in the recruiting cycle. ... Josh Hoover de-committed two years ago. Indiana ended up signing Brendan Sorsby in that class."

Reactions: 76-1 and nichlee
I think it was more the staff letting him know that he wasn't going to fit what they were looking for.
Once again, both guys when Coach Cig were both excited about the hire. That’s now three that had publicly stated their excitement for The new coach, who are now gone.

Once again, both guys when Coach Cig were both excited about the hire. That’s now three that had publicly stated their excitement for The new coach, who are now gone.

As a FYI, coach Cig offered the QB that WAS committed and decommitted to James Madison (and again, for you star guys, is ranked higher then Carpenter on rivals), Alberto Mendoza.

He could be a solid add here from the looks of it.

Not bad. Would be better without the nose ring.
Don’t make the mistake of equating a domestic livestock nose ring with that of a human’s. Farmers often do this to their bulls as a safety precaution when handling them. Pulling on it with your hand in an emergency situation may save you injury but more often a halter is attached to it at livestock shows out of safety concerns. Many shows will require it. Farmers will occasionally also use this device on cows or young cattle to discourage suckling. Pigs often have nose rings, too. Personally, I like the nose ring look on the bull/bison. It gives the creature a uniqueness, an air of distinction, in addition to screaming out, “I am a bad-ass so look out when I pout!”
Piss him off and hope you live to regret it.

Just as a FYI, southern IN is home to Buffalo Trace, an ancient “highway” buffalos once used on way to the salt licks, so it makes sense to have this as a mascot, more so than a country bumpkin/Hoosier hayseed of a characterized farmer. Parts of today’s HW 60 in southern IN used to be this buffalo trail.

Don’t make the mistake of equating a domestic livestock nose ring with that of a human’s. Farmers often do this to their bulls as a safety precaution when handling them. Pulling on it with your hand in an emergency situation may save you injury but more often a halter is attached to it at livestock shows out of safety concerns. Many shows will require it. Farmers will occasionally also use this device on cows or young cattle to discourage suckling. Pigs often have nose rings, too. Personally, I like the nose ring look on the bull/bison. It gives the creature a uniqueness, an air of distinction, in addition to screaming out, “I am a bad-ass so look out when I pout!”

Just as a FYI, southern IN is home to Buffalo Trace, an ancient “highway” buffalos once used on way to the salt licks, so it makes sense to have this as a mascot, more so than a country bumpkin/Hoosier hayseed of a characterized farmer. Parts of today’s HW 60 in southern IN used to be this buffalo trail.
I love Indiana history--thnx.

Reactions: Shadesof Crimson
I love Indiana history--thnx.
The beauty of our ubiquitous handheld computers is that therein lies the answer to every question known to Man, past, present and future. It's "just" a matter of finding what it is you seek. This stored knowledge at one's fingertips provides great comfort during times of need. Its dependence has gotten to the point where anxiety often ensues its absence. In knowledge there is power with the ultimate power being God. ironically, it can be argued God is there for that which we know not, that which is out of our control, lacking our knowledge.

Edit: This was supposed to have quoted Baller23Boogie on QB Alberto Mendoza .

I don't have a subscript but his rivals page 'futurecast' says 100% Indiana.

Which if it turns out right, looks good. Had a lot of what I view as 'mid-major' offers.

Edit: This was supposed to have quoted Baller23Boogie on QB Alberto Mendoza .

I don't have a subscript but his rivals page 'futurecast' says 100% Indiana.

Which if it turns out right, looks good. Had a lot of what I view as 'mid-major' offers.

Just for reference, we were Carpenter's only P5 offer as well, so personally, I'm going to trust the guy that has worked with Phillip Rivers at NC State and just had the player in the year in the Sun Belt in his only season there when it comes to QB recruiting.

My avatar says rather adamantly that "real" Bison don't wear nose rings...

He does appreciate your route 60 background and says most people don't realize that his forefathers loved roaming INDIANA long before it had a name...

All he's asking for these days is just a modicum of Respect and Representation...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT