ADVERTISEMENT

Crimson Cast guys should stick to IU basketball

They have a National guy on and admit they don’t follow recruiting. Rittenburg had to tell the guy to be more optimistic. Some of the basketball fans want IU football to lose.

It was a wasted opportunity to hear from a national voice who focuses mainly on the Big Ten! To be fair, the main contributor for Crimsoncast, Galin Clavio, did not participate in this interview. He is always well prepared and thoughtful, which is the exact opposite of his sidekick—the man "interviewing" Rittenberg—who is often unprepared, profane, and a blowhard—a stereotypical New Yorker.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU Fan 1989
Scott is definitely a rube and doesn't really know how to interview. Notice how many times he'd sort of suggest a line of discourse but then stomp on it with a definitive statement instead of throwing it to Rittenberg? And then Scott would start to move on but clearly Rittenberg had something thoughtful he felt he could bring to the conversation.

I don't mind Scott being self-deprecating about our odds against OSU though. He doesn't want to seem like a homer with a big time guest. And also he's an aging fan...he doesn't want to get his hopes up too high after a lifetime of experience that directs him towards doubt.

I also don't mind that he doesn't follow recruiting very closely. I don't like my IU pods to spend too much time and energy pouring over high school kid stuff.

However, Scott is a dope when it comes to our roster too. That I can't forgive.

Also, I hope Scott doesn't see any of this because he seems like a very nice human!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT