ADVERTISEMENT

Cream to Mizzou Rumor

Cortez88

All-Big Ten
Jan 7, 2017
has hit the St Louis Dispatch. Please please please. Have to wonder if Creans agent is fishing in the back channels trying to find a landing place.

Reactions: mazz
I think it is a mutual respect from Crean's agent and some big donors from Missouri. I think this is why negotiations might be taking place.

Then why pusblish it?

NC state just "fired" thier coach last night, where is the rumors with him?
Because it's Tuesday, the Mizzou program hasn't bounced up under alum Kim Anderson, there's no football, there's no baseball . . .

You gotta fill space in the paper, so why not juice up something that tries to tie Crean to Mizzou? It requires no research, no real effort and, mostly, it doesn't matter if you're right. It gets a few people talking, but there's no basis to it.

Because it's Tuesday, the Mizzou program hasn't bounced up under alum Kim Anderson, there's no football, there's no baseball . . .

You gotta fill space in the paper, so why not juice up something that tries to tie Crean to Mizzou? It requires no research, no real effort and, mostly, it doesn't matter if you're right. It gets a few people talking, but there's no basis to it.

partly that and partly that Mizzou will be looking for a coach and IU might be getting rid of a coach

sure, fluffy stuff but a lot of fluffy stuff starts to add up...

They didn't have to put anything in there. Spring training started and most of the articles are about the Cardinals.

This reminds me of the Painter to Missouri rumors back in the day.

Not at all the same situation. MP's agent fanned those flames in order to get Purdue to cough up some things (IIRC, they might have been related to facilities and assistants, but maybe it was just his own compensation).

Mizzou wanted Painter. But so did Purdue -- which put MP in the driver's seat.

That's not analogous to this situation. It's more akin to Alford "resigning" at Iowa to take the job at New Mexico. Let's just say that Iowa didn't put up much of a fight.

They didn't have to put anything in there. Spring training started and most of the articles are about the Cardinals.
That's true, but it's completely baseless and really no different than people making stuff up about what's going on behind the scenes.

I guess when people are desperate for a change, they'll say about anything in hopes that something magical will happen. Bizarre and funny, all at once.

Yep there be lots of rumors in the next month and most will be bs.

The Post-Dispatch piece on Crean/Mizzou is not a rumor. All it says is that Crean "could be on the market" and suggests that Mizzou should take a look.

That being said I have no idea why Missouri would want him.

For that kind of program, I think Crean's actually a good fit. They don't have the same kinds of expectations that we have.

Reactions: cryano
That's true, but it's completely baseless and really no different than people making stuff up about what's going on behind the scenes.

I guess when people are desperate for a change, they'll say about anything in hopes that something magical will happen. Bizarre and funny, all at once.

man, you are taking a weird stance here.

simply put, mizzou needs a coach and IU really might get rid of one. mizzou is just the kind of job crean might get if IU breaks him off.

sure, fluffy stuff but not without merit. again, that there is a buzz is a good thing.

If you read the actual piece, it doesn't even suggest that there's anything happening. All it says is that Crean's seat has gotten increasingly hot and Mizzou -- at 7-17 under Kim Anderson -- is likely going to be making a change.

I guess so but as someone who works for the university I heard about this at the beginning of last week, Doug Gottlieb tweeted it Sunday, I guess I was more surprised it hadn't hit the papers earlier. I guess I have just been told that Crean & family want a change of scenery so that's why it's not that surprising to see it in the paper.

If you read the actual piece, it doesn't even suggest that there's anything happening. All it says is that Crean's seat has gotten increasingly hot and Mizzou -- at 7-17 under Kim Anderson -- is likely going to be making a change.
I did read it, which is why I'm a bit incredulous at some of the reactions here. There was literally no rumor or fact anywhere in it, yet it's being viewed as some kind of tea leaf.

I guess so but as someone who works for the university I heard about this at the beginning of last week, Doug Gottlieb tweeted it Sunday, I guess I was more surprised it hadn't hit the papers earlier. I guess I have just been told that Crean & family want a change of scenery so that's why it's not that surprising to see it in the paper.
But I'm sure you heard rumors a year or two ago that said Mrs. Crean was tired of the heat in the Bloomington fishbowl, she wanted out, and that their departure was imminent. It was a totally bogus fabrication, but plenty of people with supposed ties to IU discussed with breathless anticipation that it would happen. I'm sure it was a topic here, too.

But I'm sure you heard rumors a year or two ago that said Mrs. Crean was tired of the heat in the Bloomington fishbowl, she wanted out, and that their departure was imminent. It was a totally bogus fabrication, but plenty of people with supposed ties to IU discussed with breathless anticipation that it would happen. I'm sure it was a topic here, too.

I had never heard that until now and Ive been on the board since 2002.

I do remember the Crean to Alabama thing a few years ago....

has hit the St Louis Dispatch. Please please please. Have to wonder if Creans agent is fishing in the back channels trying to find a landing place.

Nothing in that article would indicate anything. All it is is a local sportswriter saying...hey Mizzu fans this guy might be available...

Nothing in that article would indicate anything. All it is is a local sportswriter saying...hey Mizzu fans this guy might be available...

exactly! but the reason for such conjecture is the partly because of the miserable turd ball our season has become.

these little snippets may lead to nothing but there is a reason for them. and i betcha the day he is actually canned will be proceeded by all kinds of little pieces of chatter even if it's not this time. so it goes.

exactly! but the
reason for such conjecture is the partly because of the miserable turd ball our season has become.

these little snippets may lead to nothing but there is a reason for them. and i betcha the day he is actually canned will be proceeded by all kinds of little pieces of chatter even if it's not this time. so it goes.

Correct. There is a reason Creans name is throw around as opposed to Bill Self.

Reactions: hondo314
Yep there be lots of rumors in the next month and most will be bs. That being said I have no idea why Missouri would want him.
Because he is not as bad as a coach as we think he is. Just because he did not fit at U does not mean he won't be successful at another place. Another thing is that the expectations at Missouri won't be what it it here.

Reactions: cryano
Because he is not as bad as a coach as we think he is. Just because he did not fit at U does not mean he won't be successful at another place. Another thing is that the expectations at Missouri won't be what it it here.
He will struggle at Missouri more than he has at iu

Reactions: cmsnow84
Fair weather fans.

1jmpnu.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT