ADVERTISEMENT

Covid positive, vaxxed and boosted

Got stir crazy and went to the neighborhood park this AM and played 18 holes of disc golf, as the course was completely empty.

We need to talk.....

Innova, Discraft, Discmania guy?

Westside? DD?

Glad to see you're still at it at 59.

Doc wanted to know if I had diarrhea. Strangely enough, though, I have not... just firm, solid DANCs left in the bowl.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
We need to talk.....

Innova, Discraft, Discmania guy?

Westside? DD?

Glad to see you're still at it at 59.
My best distance driver is a red innova champion sidewinder. I have a variety, 14 in my bag. Can't throw the Valkries for crap though. Love my Innova thumbtrack Birdie putter. Straight as an arrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
Question Shooter: I have my first out of country trip since Covid coming up next month. I do NOT want to miss it. I’m planning on quarantining before I go and wearing a mask in way over. ( I know several people who have gotten it at the start of a trip). How long do you think I should quarantine before I go?

Question Shooter: I have my first out of country trip since Covid coming up next month. I do NOT want to miss it. I’m planning on quarantining before I go and wearing a mask in way over. ( I know several people who have gotten it at the start of a trip). How long do you think I should quarantine before I go?
not sure... but I would estimate that 5 days would be enough. AFAIK, you would have some symptoms before 5 days, if symptomic at all. That way you'd likely start off clear

Reactions: zeke4ahs
I attended a scientific conference in person last week, a smallish gathering, ~100 attendees, all vaxxed and boosted, no masks, but many activities including all meals but one were outside. On the last day it was announced that an attendee had tested positive, with mild symptoms. He had been at the one indoor dinner at my table. I took two flights each way, wearing n95s.

Saturday afternoon I noticed a scratchy throat. Sunday morning it was worse, I tested positive for COVID by a rapid antigen test, then did a drive through pcr test, Result for that took 24 hrs but was also positive.

Now it's Day 4 and still no fever, no chills, no low oxygen, no BP abnormalities, or anything other than stuffy nose and scratchy throat. Those generally clear up halfway with DayQuil. I guess I don’t need Paxlovid. I tried calling my doctor and I get the runaround. Not high risk. 59, not a lard-butt anymore.

Energy is good. Got stir crazy and went to the neighborhood park this AM and played 18 holes of disc golf, as the course was completely empty.

For me, this is nothing. A cold. Because vaccines work.

My parents, both in their late 70's are currently recovering from covid.

Both are unvaccinated.

Dad has been a type II diabetic for 30+ years.

Mom has dementia.

It was a cold for both of them.

Glad your vaccine worked for you. ;)

Reactions: dr.jb and stollcpa
My parents, both in their late 70's are currently recovering from covid.

Both are unvaccinated.

Dad has been a type II diabetic for 30+ years.

Mom has dementia.

It was a cold for both of them.

Glad your vaccine worked for you. ;)
Why would they take that risk at that age and with health issues? Glad it was mild for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
I attended a scientific conference in person last week, a smallish gathering, ~100 attendees, all vaxxed and boosted, no masks, but many activities including all meals but one were outside. On the last day it was announced that an attendee had tested positive, with mild symptoms. He had been at the one indoor dinner at my table. I took two flights each way, wearing n95s.

Saturday afternoon I noticed a scratchy throat. Sunday morning it was worse, I tested positive for COVID by a rapid antigen test, then did a drive through pcr test, Result for that took 24 hrs but was also positive.

Now it's Day 4 and still no fever, no chills, no low oxygen, no BP abnormalities, or anything other than stuffy nose and scratchy throat. Those generally clear up halfway with DayQuil. I guess I don’t need Paxlovid. I tried calling my doctor and I get the runaround. Not high risk. 59, not a lard-butt anymore.

Energy is good. Got stir crazy and went to the neighborhood park this AM and played 18 holes of disc golf, as the course was completely empty.

Strictly from a probability stand point it would have been nothing but a cold for you either way.

You don’t understand how vaccines work
I understand that there are possible side effects. I got first one and not doing endless boosters. I know of someone that has had blood clotting issues for instance . The spot on my arm where I got it is still sore if I rub it . They chose not to get one, as I said their body , their choice . Isn't that what you say about abortions?

I'm guessing General Washington would have mandated the smallpox vaccine.
Uh, you better come right out and tell them what Washington actually did. I think some of your fans don't understand what you were saying, because FoxNews, NewsMax etc. didn't tell them what Washington did.

(Since it has nothing to do with "ancient aliens", I doubt The History Channel told them either.)

It's risk vs. reward. Side effects of the drug vs. effects of the pathogen.

In this case, the pathogen SARS-CoV2 has a whole litany of both short term and longer term effects that are known and well-defined. And REALLY bothersome.

The effects of the vaccine have been studied extensively and all results are suggestive of no effects even close to approaching the severity of effects of infection.

Vaccines can have long-term effects. We are now 2 years past when humans were first dosed, though, with COVID-19 vaccines. There has never been a case where a long-term effect of a vaccine emerged that was wholly invisible at 6 months. That's why the FDA accepted 6 months of safety data, studies specifically designed to identify any of the problems that have ever emerged with developing any vaccine.

Now we have 2 years of safety data. To deny the safety record is as nonsensical as proclaiming a flat Earth. But you do you, Cray-cray.

I understand that there are possible side effects. I got first one and not doing endless boosters. I know of someone that has had blood clotting issues for instance . The spot on my arm where I got it is still sore if I rub it . They chose not to get one, as I said their body , their choice . Isn't that what you say about abortions?
Do you oppose or agree with choice about abortions?

(Don't know your abortion position. Just asking.)

I tested positive Saturday. What happened in Vegas came back with me.
It's cost-benefit-risk.

The most thrilling personal experiences you can have in Las Vegas can send you home with the most embarrassing medical problems.

And, the most boring things you can do in Vegas, like a conference, can send you home with a boring disease like covid.

It's risk vs. reward. Side effects of the drug vs. effects of the pathogen.

In this case, the pathogen SARS-CoV2 has a whole litany of both short term and longer term effects that are known and well-defined. And REALLY bothersome.

The effects of the vaccine have been studied extensively and all results are suggestive of no effects even close to approaching the severity of effects of infection.

Vaccines can have long-term effects. We are now 2 years past when humans were first dosed, though, with COVID-19 vaccines. There has never been a case where a long-term effect of a vaccine emerged that was wholly invisible at 6 months. That's why the FDA accepted 6 months of safety data, studies specifically designed to identify any of the problems that have ever emerged with developing any vaccine.

Now we have 2 years of safety data. To deny the safety record is as nonsensical as proclaiming a flat Earth. But you do you, Cray-cray.
Is there long term effect data on the much milder Omicron variant?

Reactions: UncleMark

This is why we get jabbed. Glad you are feeling ok.

Or... (and I'm not saying you're wrong because in general I'm a big vaccine fan) the Omicron strains aren't any worse than an average cold in most people... I personally think it's combination of factors but even unvaccinated people aren't getting very sick at all with these strains.

16 days post positive test now and feeling good. The tiredness did linger a LOT longer than your typical "cold" would, though, so on the whole the mildness I emphasized at first was a little overstated. Glad to be recovered.

16 days post positive test now and feeling good. The tiredness did linger a LOT longer than your typical "cold" would, though, so on the whole the mildness I emphasized at first was a little overstated. Glad to be recovered.
Maybe some residual judgement-impairing symptoms…..

That goes right along with what I’ve been seeing. Unfortunately, for me, vaccination status hasn’t made the symptoms any better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT