ADVERTISEMENT

Covid positive, vaxxed and boosted

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
I attended a scientific conference in person last week, a smallish gathering, ~100 attendees, all vaxxed and boosted, no masks, but many activities including all meals but one were outside. On the last day it was announced that an attendee had tested positive, with mild symptoms. He had been at the one indoor dinner at my table. I took two flights each way, wearing n95s.

Saturday afternoon I noticed a scratchy throat. Sunday morning it was worse, I tested positive for COVID by a rapid antigen test, then did a drive through pcr test, Result for that took 24 hrs but was also positive.

Now it's Day 4 and still no fever, no chills, no low oxygen, no BP abnormalities, or anything other than stuffy nose and scratchy throat. Those generally clear up halfway with DayQuil. I guess I don’t need Paxlovid. I tried calling my doctor and I get the runaround. Not high risk. 59, not a lard-butt anymore.

Energy is good. Got stir crazy and went to the neighborhood park this AM and played 18 holes of disc golf, as the course was completely empty.

For me, this is nothing. A cold. Because vaccines work.

I attended a scientific conference in person last week, a smallish gathering, ~100 attendees, all vaxxed and boosted, no masks, but many activities including all meals but one were outside. On the last day it was announced that an attendee had tested positive, with mild symptoms. He had been at the one indoor dinner at my table. I took two flights each way, wearing n95s.

Saturday afternoon I noticed a scratchy throat. Sunday morning it was worse, I tested positive for COVID by a rapid antigen test, then did a drive through pcr test, Result for that took 24 hrs but was also positive.

Now it's Day 4 and still no fever, no chills, no low oxygen, no BP abnormalities, or anything other than stuffy nose and scratchy throat. Those generally clear up halfway with DayQuil. I guess I don’t need Paxlovid. I tried calling my doctor and I get the runaround. Not high risk. 59, not a lard-butt anymore.

Energy is good. Got stir crazy and went to the neighborhood park this AM and played 18 holes of disc golf, as the course was completely empty.

I can’t believe you made me wait til the end before the obligatory talking point.

So, you’re saying not one of a hundred scientists thought to inject the group with bleach before the conference commenced? You need an oversight and planning committee.

So, you’re saying not one of a hundred scientists thought to inject the group with bleach before the conference commenced? You need an oversight and planning committee.
The majority of Americans drinking water is chlorinated.

lol

I had COVID a few weeks ago. Fatigue and cold-like symptoms and it lasted just 3 days. I had the initial vax and got boosted in November, but no second booster in the spring. This variant is much milder, but more contagious than previous variants. Heard researcher say the other day that everyone will eventually get COVID.

I had COVID a few weeks ago. Fatigue and cold-like symptoms and it lasted just 3 days. I had the initial vax and got boosted in November, but no second booster in the spring. This variant is much milder, but more contagious than previous variants. Heard researcher say the other day that everyone will eventually get COVID.
Please edit your post to add the obligatory virtue signal statement.

Wow now that is some "research" there. On a sample of ONE you determine that vaccines work. My wife was a research scientist and she would laugh at me if I said that to her.

I have a friend that was vaccinated and boosted twice and they still got really sick so can I conclude that the vaccines don't work?

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa
Wow now that is some "research" there. On a sample of ONE you determine that vaccines work. My wife was a research scientist and she would laugh and me if I said that to her.

I have a friend that was vaccinated and boosted twice and they still got really sick so can I conclude that the vaccines don't work?
Anecdotes are indeed not evidence, but my anecdote rests atop a huge pile of supporting evidence.

11,622,194,542 vaccine doses in arms

I was hoping you’d have some mild discomfort just for your incessant overreactions.

our son tested positive with zero symptoms and is stuck at home part of the week. Everyone else is carrying around normally because it doesn’t matter.

nobody gives a shit anymore except nerds

Wow now that is some "research" there. On a sample of ONE you determine that vaccines work. My wife was a research scientist and she would laugh at me if I said that to her.

Many people on this very forum have done exactly that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I'm not saying that vaccines don't work but your statement saying you didn't get sick because of the vaccine could or could not be true.
Based upon a preponderance of supporting data, it is a reasonable, though not definitive, conclusion. There is a small chance that it's full of DANC.

Reactions: bawlmer
I'm not saying that vaccines don't work but your statement saying you didn't get sick because of the vaccine could or could not be true.

Except that is how vaccines work according to medical professionals who have a much larger sample size.

Yet people on here ignore that and act like vaccines don't work just because a vaccinated person got covid

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Maybe it came from one of the 90% in the airport/on the plane who were unmasked? It's not a self-contained breathing apparatus, you know

That's precisely the point... you don't know and you can't contain it. But feel free to continue wasting your personal energy and money doing so. Just stop bothering the rest of us.

Many people on this very forum have done exactly that.
Yep and it's just as wrong to say they don't work based on a sample size of 1 as it is to say they do work on a sample size of 1. I think they do work based on what I've read so I've been vaccinated and boosted.

Last edited:

I tested positive Saturday. What happened in Vegas came back with me.

lol ok mr N95 🤡. All of that protection and you still got infected.

people have moved on because the vaccines failed at their primary purpose. At least they are providing reduced disease.
Are they now? (Providing reduced disease)

COVID is mutating into a cold. Seems to me that the mutation itself is providing reduced disease, not the shots which were designed to impact the first iteration of COVID that nearly no one is catching anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT