ADVERTISEMENT

Covid is no joke!

Elderly people die from cancer all of the time. Should they not count as cancer deaths, since they were bound to die of something else soon?

Elderly people die from cancer all of the time. Should they not count as cancer deaths, since they were bound to die of something else soon?
Funny you bring up cancer and the elderly. Long time friend of mine recounted the story of his wife's 92 year old aunt. Stage 4 lung cancer. After taking treatment they realize it's too late and she's put into hospice care. Passes within a week. Covid listed as cause of death, not cancer. She did test positive for Covid.

I've heard all the stories about everything being called a covid death because of the money. I have no clue what is real and what's fake, but I'm positive that this particular incident went down as described. It will be fascinating to look back on this and see if there was a corresponding drop in the death rates of the co-morbidities that are related to higher risk of covid deaths.

Reactions: kkott
Yes, I am sure that some people have COVID, die of something else, and have death ascribed to COVID.

I am also sure that many other people have COVID, die of COVID, never got tested for COVID (or weeks later they tested negative but still had severe post-COVID symptoms), and have their death ascribed to something other than COVID.

Excess death analysis establishes the 2nd group as being much larger than the first

Yes, I am sure that some people have COVID, die of something else, and have death ascribed to COVID.

I am also sure that many other people have COVID, die of COVID, never got tested for COVID (or weeks later they tested negative but still had severe post-COVID symptoms), and have their death ascribed to something other than COVID.

Excess death analysis establishes the 2nd group as being much larger than the first
I think if you're sick enough to die, you are most likely in the hospital, and even if you did die outside, with all the focus on it, I would guess they are checking for CV antibodies routinely with any suspicious death. Has it happened? I'm sure, but I don't think it's very widespread.

It has been politicized by every politician and misinformation has been spread, smeared and used to scare or sway the public for political gain. Early reports from the media said it wasn't going to be a big deal (CNN and others) and they had to change like everyone did when we learned more. Again, the first experts were in China and they weren't telling us much.

There was faulty information but the boots on the ground determined the real science while politicians argued over who was right. There are no winners or losers. We had to move quick with what we knew. The target didn't move we just had to correct our aim.

I put my trust in professionals with knowledge instead of career politicians trying to preserve their power and influence by any means necessary. In the end, we have treatments, all the testing we need and vaccines and an over capacity of facilities and equipment. My current enterprise is supplying 500,000 buckets with 1,000 sanitizing wipes each. The product didn't exist 3 months ago. There was a need and we are filling the need quickly and at a low cost with excess capacity.
We certainly lay don’t have enough facilities and equipment. Medical people are still using a mask for several days and icus are full in many places. We had many months to prepare and did nothing.

I think if you're sick enough to die, you are most likely in the hospital, and even if you did die outside, with all the focus on it, I would guess they are checking for CV antibodies routinely with any suspicious death. Has it happened? I'm sure, but I don't think it's very widespread.

Reactions: kkott and Circlejoe
If any of you genuises want to know what is infallibly correct, or how you should live, just ask me.

F4oJ.gif

Reactions: 76-1
Stop it. Covid is not political. We had no warning and little time to get this under control. Early assumptions were wrong and changed on the fly. Covid spreads from individuals and not from the left or the right. Political parties are all corrupt but I haven't seen either side wanting this to continue.

Working in various engineering and product development roles at all levels including Pharma for years, I have seen it take years to expand a new line within the same production facility. I worked on an expansion of Pulmozyme for Roche/Genentech and the manufacture of it within Catalent. New product qualifications require site approval, line equipment testing, process stability, product stability testing, and other hurdles to prove effectiveness and safety. The process can start over at any failure. We leveraged existing safe delivery systems while looking at better long term development for these vaccines. It took a lot of fortitude on Pharma and the government to be producing vaccine before it was approved. It didn't happen without a lot of pushing from the administration and Pharma accepting a lot of financial risk. I fully accepted this risk as a Pfizer stockholder.

It was the best of what we can do in this country and I see someone stating that conservatives are not Americans. No, Americans are, or were, bold, strong and able to cut through roadblocks to get the job done. Our government had forgotten how to rise to an emergency. We knew how to convert auto lines to build bombers in WWII. Any idea of the capital, equipment, plant infrastructure and planning it takes to do that? I do. It takes Toyota 2 years to change from one version of the Highlander to the next generation after the design is locked in.

We developed widespread testing for a virus we had no information about and developed a vaccine and will distribute it within one year. Those in product development, research, manufacturing engineering, compliance, packaging and supply chain know what was needed especially with the FDA and other government approvals. Our health providers jumped in quickly and found treatments for millions like myself. While they were working and getting sick, politicians and political hacks were trying to discount treatments that the orange man mentioned and claiming they wouldn't take a vaccine the administration recommended. They seem to think the orange man was the sole person making and passing out the drug. In fact there were thousands of people from all political beliefs working to make this happen. Politicians suck. They all do. People that believe their side is better suck too. People like that are only useful when they get out of the way and let us do what we do best.

Horseshit.

Trump knew the virus was DEADLY in January. January. Told Bob Woodward he knew it was deadly.

Instead of begging people not to congregate and to wear masks, Trump did just the ****ing opposite. He mocked those who wore masks. He attacked governors like Whitmer who were trying to save mouth breathing, brainless Republicans from themselves. Got those inbreds so worked up, they plotted to kidnap and likely kill the governor.

Trump openly told people to ignore stay at home orders.

Why did he do this? According to John Bolton and others in his administration, Trump cared about 2 things. 1) Trump loves Trump. 2) Trump didn't give a shit about anything else except being re-elected.

That's the most beautiful and hilariously ironic ending to all of this. Had Trump handled this pandemic with some sort of compassion and brains, he likely would have beaten Biden.

Instead, lard ass got CURB STOMPED by 7 million votes. It doesn't get anymore beautiful than that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT