ADVERTISEMENT

An update, finally...

largemouth

All-American
Feb 3, 2004
We did sell our house last year and moved back to Indiana.

We ended up living with our daughter for about a year. During that time, both my wife and I had covid two or three times. My wife had pneumonia twice, and was hospitalized three or four times.

I had "long covid" and lost 60 lbs. Went from 245 to 180. That's less than I weighed in HS.

Next came the anxiety attacks, so they fed me drugs. The drugs gave me nightmares and hallucinations.
Eventually they took the drugs away, I gained 40 lbs. and things got better.

My wife had problems with her heart and lungs and was back in the hospital on October 15. She improved slowly and we thought she would come home soon. (We were in an assisted living facility by then. Expensive as hell)

She died on October 24th.....

We had been together nearly 50 years. She was my best friend.
I have a hole in my heart.

Last edited:
We did sell our house last year and moved moved back to Indiana.

We ended up living with our daughter for about a year. During that time, both my wife and had covid two or three times. My wife had pneumonia twice, and was hospitalized three or four times.

I had "long covid" and lost 60 lbs. Went from 245 to 180. That's less than I weighed in HS.

Next came the anxiety attacks, so they fed me drugs. The drugs gave me nightmares and hallucinations.

My wife had problems with her heart and lungs and was back in the hospital on October 15. She improved slowly and we thought she would come home soon. (We were in an assisted living facility by then. Expensive as hell)

Damn, so much happiness and sadness in the same post.
Elated that you're still alive!
So sorry for all your trials & your loss.

Hang in there, LM.

We ended up living with our daughter for about a year. During that time, both my wife and had covid two or three times. My wife had pneumonia twice, and was hospitalized three or four times.

Sorry for your loss LM! Such a tough year. I cant imagine going through all that. It would have broken most of us.

Stay strong and hang in there.

And there is nothing like the AOTF to keep you distracted in all the different ways. So welcome back!!

Reactions: kkott

So very sorry to hear this..

Hey LM, so sorry to hear about your tough times and loss of your wife. Glad you checked back in with your AOTF brethren, we were fearing the worst.

Here's to better times and health buddy!

Hang in there, time heals.

Your wife, you, your family and your friends are in my thoughts and prayers!

Largie, we feared the worst and hoped for the best. I'm so happy you're still here and so sad to hear of your wife's passing.

I hope you find comfort with your family and can find the strength to celebrate your wife.

I don’t think I talked to you much if ever on here but found myself clicking your screename hoping I would see activity about once a month.

You made a lot of people happy on this board, and took us away from the BS of real life. Unfortunately, that BS will always come back.

If you are close to Bloomington and can come to a bball game let me know. I got some good seats for us.

Glad as hell you posted. Seeing your latest activity is viewing “Butt it’s Thursday“ brings a smile to my face.

Wow - so much in that post. Glad to hear you’re OK but so sorry for your loss. Having family around is bound to help u get through this. Hang in there!

Ah Dude, good to hear from you, but what sad and horrible news. Can't imagine. Really sorry, and send my condolences. Glad you are close to family. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, and keep posting.

Dayum.

I have that as:

Good
OK
3 or 4 bads
Several awfuls
Then worse
Then an ok
Then awful
And then worst

But we’re all glad you came back

When you get around to feeling like it, tell us some good stories about your wife

(Preferably something we use to make our own wives feel like they have mistreated us in comparison, and perform vulgar acts to make it up to us! Otherwise, we’re stuck with crappy football, mediocre hoops, bad pics of fake boobs and politics.)

(Welcome back. Seriously. We thought you was a toad.)

Glad u got better but sorry for your loss

Dayum.

I have that as:

Good
OK
3 or 4 bads
Several awfuls
Then worse
Then an ok
Then awful
And then worst

But we’re all glad you came back

When you get around to feeling like it, tell us some good stories about your wife

(Preferably something we use to make our own wives feel like they have mistreated us in comparison, and perform vulgar acts to make it up to us! Otherwise, we’re stuck with crappy football, mediocre hoops, bad pics of fake boobs and politics.)

(Welcome back. Seriously. We thought you was a toad.)

You can start by doing some yoga

then

I am so sorry my friend. May you find strength from family and friends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT