ADVERTISEMENT

Cori Bush Faith Healer

How do these people get elected?

How is this real life?

I just remember I put my hand on her, my hand just began to move,” the pol said. “And the lumps that were there were no longer there. She was so happy, and she went on about her day.

Many evangelical Christians believe that faith healing is real. It is Biblical, and is considered one of the Spiritual Gifts bestowed by the Holy Spirit to help build the Kingdom of God on Earth:

I Corinthians 12:
1 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Many evangelical Christians believe that faith healing is real. It is Biblical, and is considered one of the Spiritual Gifts bestowed by the Holy Spirit to help build the Kingdom of God on Earth:

I Corinthians 12:
1 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
I doubt any Christian faith healers are okay killing babies.

Reactions: DANC
How is this real life?

I just remember I put my hand on her, my hand just began to move,” the pol said. “And the lumps that were there were no longer there. She was so happy, and she went on about her day.
People should be lining up to see Ms. Bush if this is true. Some people are just amazing she has most definitely been blessed by a higher power. It is also good to know when the people of Missouri decide to not reelect her she has a fall back has a faith healer. Contingency plans are always nice, I wonder if her security detail would stay with her through that transition?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and stollcpa

I Corinthians 12:

If it really were that easy, there would be no sick people anywhere on earth. They'd all be cured. Look at all these healers:

images

I doubt any Christian faith healers are okay killing babies.
A different and charitable point of view. Starting from there is a God and for those Christian Democrats who are genuine believers (which Cori seems like). I think it just shows the power of modern day propaganda and how evil it is at times. Convincing large percentages of women into believing it’s a right to kill their own children is one of the most hideous and demonic acts. The devil comes to kill steal and destroy our lives. Nobody will love a woman more than a son or a daughter and there is no great gift than a child in my opinion. It aligns with the Devils objectives. A lot of times, myself included, probably miss interrupt human weaknesses with hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
you never know. evangelicals are ok with grabbing women by the pussy so anything is possible.
True Christians are not. Unfortunately many who claim to be “evangelicals” (whatever that means) are worshiping an idol. You don’t have to read very far into the Holy Bible to realize that’s sinful and made it very high in the top 10.

Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory

I Corinthians 12:

"I regret the residual irrationalism valorized by almost all religion, but I don’t see the state playing the succoring, comforting role well, so until we find secular successor organizations to take up that humane task, I am not in favor of ushering churches off the scene. I would rather assist in transforming these organizations into forms that are not caught in the trap of irrational—and necessarily insincere—allegiance to patent nonsense."

Reactions: UncleMark
"I regret the residual irrationalism valorized by almost all religion, but I don’t see the state playing the succoring, comforting role well, so until we find secular successor organizations to take up that humane task, I am not in favor of ushering churches off the scene. I would rather assist in transforming these organizations into forms that are not caught in the trap of irrational—and necessarily insincere—allegiance to patent nonsense."
Dennett?

Reactions: BradStevens

I Corinthians 12:

I don't understand why churches teach that God is kind, merciful, forgiving, omnipotent and all-knowing, but yet have their entire congregations pray to God to cure one of their sick/injured/ diseased members whose health has turned bad. It's not like God doesn't already know about it.

It seems more like they're trying to talk God into doing something he didn't want to do on his own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT