ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on the win!

Keep crean? Don't use that language on here.. lol
Nobody seems to get it - we shot 60% from 3 and 60 % overall. Iowa and BIG is not that great of conference. Iowa seemed to run out of gas and we were hitting everything. Nonetheless basketball techies will still note that all out faults and lack of solid coaching was on full display. Hope this doesn't make glass rethink ousting Crean. I just can't stomach him

That was a serious first class azz whippin. Thanks for the reality check. As the saying sorta goes.. we are what our record says we are. NIT bound. Guess you get to keep Crean at least one more year. Good luck Vs Wisky.
Thanks, it was good to see Indiana play with some intensity on defense. RJ and JBJ are finally on the same page. Let's hope it continues for IU and good luck to the Hawkeyes in the tourney.....until we play again.

Reactions: Coopster
Crean is true to form.....erasing that "met minimum expectations" deficit one desperation game at a time.....Tomorrow however, I am afraid its gonna look like Bubba and the prison wife......as usual.

Crean is true to form.....erasing that "met minimum expectations" deficit one desperation game at a time.....Tomorrow however, I am afraid its gonna look like Bubba and the prison wife......as usual.
I hope so..man I hope so

That was a serious first class azz whippin. Thanks for the reality check. As the saying sorta goes.. we are what our record says we are. NIT bound. Guess you get to keep Crean at least one more year. Good luck Vs Wisky.
Beating a decent Iowa team shouldn't mean we keep Crean. We are still an niT team

Reactions: PtownHoosier
You have no say in this. Zero zilch
Look. We have not won this thing in 20 years. We are due and wouldn't ya know this year of all years we will probably win the damn thing. This is why I wanted an announcement following the end of regular season. 3 more game and IU is stuck. Most likely a 3 yr ext. I can feel it coming. We have now won 3 of last 4. I'm telling you, I'm not liking where this is heading

Look. We have not won this thing in 20 years. We are due and wouldn't ya know this year of all years we will probably win the damn thing. This is why I wanted an announcement following the end of regular season. 3 more game and IU is stuck. Most likely a 3 yr ext. I can feel it coming. We have now won 3 of last 4. I'm telling you, I'm not liking where this is heading

If we win it, that's even more of an indictment of Crean. At least in the eyes of any sane person.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Fake graciousness. This game means nothing as far as Crean's future is concerned.
I was not being fake. Said Congrats on the win. If you Shoot 60 from the field and 60 from 3 pt land you will beat every team in the tourney. I don't see the problem with Crean. seriously if OG had not went down i think you guys are top in the Big Ten or right there. As it is you have some of the best talent that under performed in the league. As opposed to Iowa Who has some of the Youngest talent in the league and over achieved.

Reactions: jnono
I was not being fake. Said Congrats on the win. If you Shoot 60 from the field and 60 from 3 pt land you will beat every team in the tourney. I don't see the problem with Crean. seriously if OG had not went down i think you guys are top in the Big Ten or right there. As it is you have some of the best talent that under performed in the league. As opposed to Iowa Who has some of the Youngest talent in the league and over achieved.
Except shooting 60 percent is not sustainable for more than a couple games.

Reactions: capovito
ace46555, post: 2084320, member: 6080"]Clapping and pulling up his pants...[/QUOTE]
He licks his chops like a champion too.

creantongueout.jpg

Reactions: hoosierdug

I am with you 100%. The big ten is awful. Didn't Wisconsin lose to Illinois at home?

Call me paranoid but I see iu playing till Sunday, and somehow getting in the tourney. And with each win comes another nail in the coffin that is IU basketball.

Crean has done it once again. There isn't a coach in any sport that can take a team loaded with talent and have expectations for that team be irrationally low, just because he is coaching them. If we go on a run now the story line will be the great coaching job that occured in the BTT and postseason. Any sane person should wonder how our team could have gone 7-11 in the first place.

I hope I am just being melodramatic.

Great offensive output & much more intense defensive effort. They played with chips on their shoulders. So can they stay in the zone for multiple games?

My issue was that we still generated 17 turnovers. Most top level teams keep them at 10 or less (Duke/Louisville - each team had 8).

Since I post here infrequently, my other pet peeve from yesterday was how announcers describe the fake-foul head & shoulders throw as a "skill". I thought the NCAA was trying to discourage that. Does it still happen in the NBA? A trick is not a skill. See card baiting in soccer, where they've been trying to eliminate all the faking.

One game that the team decided to play with some fire at the same time their opponent took a day off doesn't change a season of missed opportunities and bad basketball.

Crean's future and standing with recruits has been damaged and will be difficult for him to be successful. Glass made a big move with a coach that had just taken the football team to consecutive bowls. That program was trending in a positive direction. Basketball is not. It should be an easy decision at a program like IU.

I am with you 100%. The big ten is awful. Didn't Wisconsin lose to Illinois at home?

Call me paranoid but I see iu playing till Sunday, and somehow getting in the tourney. And with each win comes another nail in the coffin that is IU basketball.

Crean has done it once again. There isn't a coach in any sport that can take a team loaded with talent and have expectations for that team be irrationally low, just because he is coaching them. If we go on a run now the story line will be the great coaching job that occured in the BTT and postseason. Any sane person should wonder how our team could have gone 7-11 in the first place.

I hope I am just being melodramatic.

I am cheering for the Hoosiers to win out this post season, for the following reasons:

1. Well, I am an IU fan, and that's what fans do.
2. To read the increasing level of melodramatic panic that will explode on this site. The bittersweet tears that would flow as the Hoosiers cut down the nets in Phoenix would be a sight to see.

IU could win the BTT. Does that save Crean''s job, if IU makes the NCAA Tournament?

Great offensive output & much more intense defensive effort. They played with chips on their shoulders. So can they stay in the zone for multiple games?

My issue was that we still generated 17 turnovers. Most top level teams keep them at 10 or less (Duke/Louisville - each team had 8).

Since I post here infrequently, my other pet peeve from yesterday was how announcers describe the fake-foul head & shoulders throw as a "skill". I thought the NCAA was trying to discourage that. Does it still happen in the NBA? A trick is not a skill. See card baiting in soccer, where they've been trying to eliminate all the faking.
Not sure of the exact stats, but it seemed 2nd half to's were much less than the 1st half.

Crean is out based on what he has not been able to do in his full tenure here. One game or any game at this point will not change that. If that were the case then we have truely hit rock bottom in terms of expectations.
Maybe Kansas should oust Self and hire Crean based on the performance of last nights game.

Good luck to you Sir. I enjoyed my time in Iowa candidating for a pastor position in Conrad,IA. Nice state and nice people.

Reactions: Drmac22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT