ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching: NBA vs. College.

Rotonda

Redshirt
Mar 15, 2014
Rotonda, Florida
I have always thought that coaching In the NFL is more difficult than coaching in big time college football because there is much more built in equity in the NFL. But I think coaching in the NBA is much easier than coaching in college ball. In the NBA almost every team as a superstar who can bail out a bad coach and a roster filled with guys who were probably the best guy ever at their high school and maybe even their college. Tyrone Lue won the NBA championship as the coach of Cleveland in 2016 but most would say LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were much more vital than Lue. Mike Woodson did fine in the NBA but his experience does not do much to help him coach in college. His current roster has 7 guys who rarely play because they obviously haven't improved and aren't close at all. They have two guys injured and one starter who touches the ball only 3 or 4 times a game, another who never takes an outside shot and another who is up and down. One starter today was so bad that he got pulled early and never got back in. College coaching should not necessarily be measured by wins and losses but by player development, playing hard at all times, and implementing the ideas of good coaches. I assume that Woodson is trying to do all of the right things but I doubt if the players are understanding what he wants or worse yet. Incapable of understanding what he wants because they think they are all NBA ready players. Guess what, they aren't even close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT