ADVERTISEMENT

Coach k

rwilky48

Redshirt
Mar 3, 2013
Take a look at coach k 1st 3 years . 15 an 18 . 16 an 17. It takes time but IU will become to 10 every year again

Take a look at coach k 1st 3 years . 15 an 18 . 16 an 17. It takes time but IU will become to 10 every year again
I heard this argument a million times last year supporting that we give Crean 20 years to become the next coach K. 95% of us know it will take a few years. I have faith Miller will get it done however if we see some of the same issues in year 4 or 5 that we saw with Crean then its time to cut bait and move on and not do some 50 million dollar buyout extension. I dont see that happening as I see Miller being here for 10,15 or probably 20 years.

Billy Gillispie went 6-7 in the non-conference schedule his first year at UK, similar to Archie's record so far this year. Maybe we should cut bate since we have another Billy Gillispie on our hands.

Reactions: PatKline
Billy Gillispie went 6-7 in the non-conference schedule his first year at UK, similar to Archie's record so far this year. Maybe we should cut bate since we have another Billy Gillispie on our hands.

yup, they are the same guy minus Billy Clyde's overwhelming sex appeal...

yup, they are the same guy minus Billy Clyde's overwhelming sex appeal...

w640-316eeb895ef6b696e67952a32f5c7843.jpg

Reactions: hondo314
Door's to recruiting may fly open .
If a certain player from Floyd county comes to Bloomington.
Most certainly every incoming class beats this current one.
I believe Jerome Hunter starts next year.
Guess Phinisee could too.
But Hunter to me is by far the best of the incoming 2018 clasam

Reactions: mazz
Hunter and Phinesee will almost certainly start. Anderson probably too if Romeo doesn't come and I'm pretty confident he's going to Vandy. Race could very well start along with Morgan too. Our current crop is that bad.

I think we have one or two starters for next year. The rest will be freshman. Yes we are that bad.

It doesn't and shouldn't take more than 2 years for a good coach to get IU back to top 25 rankings and yearly trips to the dance. However, the excuses have been already been laid out by some posters to allow more time than this. Kentucky and North Carolina were prime examples of being what should happen if results don't happen fairly quick. Gillespie and Doherty were given the pink slip as they don't mess around at those schools.

The biggest obstacle for Miller will be recruiting. Can he restore order in this state? Getting Mr. Basketball's and other coveted players, in and out of state? Miller has never had the pressure to get the best recruits until he landed his current job, so he has his work cut out for him.

As for the current team, I am far from impressed. If his "system" doesn't fit to the current players he has, then he needs to improvise or change things up. A good coach knows what his players can or can't do by now. His job is like any other coach in any profession. It's to win games. Not stick to his philosophy even though it's not working.

Reactions: Hoosier in Tokyo
I don't think anyone could argue that Ft. Wayne and ISU didn't exploit Indiana's weaknesses. But it is just flat out eye popping to lose those games in such a fashion. That type of complete beat down must be fixed very quickly if Miller is to be a long term solution.

The pressure will mount too quickly if he posts many more of those type of bad home defeats to unheralded opponents.

Reactions: fpeaugh
I don't think anyone could argue that Ft. Wayne and ISU didn't exploit Indiana's weaknesses. But it is just flat out eye popping to lose those games in such a fashion. That type of complete beat down must be fixed very quickly if Miller is to be a long term solution.

The pressure will mount too quickly if he posts many more of those type of bad home defeats to unheralded opponents.
Totally disagree. While these beat downs are tough...what do you think Archie Miller isn't doing to improve the defense or offense? Bench the players? Talk to them to motivate them? Extend the defense to the arc? Make them pay attention to the ball? Move more quickly and don't hesitate?

If fans cannot see what is really going on every other game then that is on the fans. Theoretically, substitute any coach of your choosing for Archie Miller today...how would he get the team to play against ISU or IPFW better than Archie Miller does? Maybe a few could get some to play better. Would that coach be better for IU in the long run? Would that coach want to be at IU?

Yeah, let's point at Archie Miller and say the present situation at IU is totally his fault. He obviously isn't capable to motivate, teach, and force (pick each and every player on the floor) to execute properly each and every game. Compromise your method of coaching and keep starters on the floor longer even if they are making mental mistakes or not trying.

Finally, let's say that Glass agrees with the poster. Archie is fired after the next couple of beat downs at home. Who would come in here with our history of head basketball coach turnover? Another Crean? Why do you think that the IU administration settled on Crean in the first place?

Reactions: mazz
I think Miller was still trying to get a feel for this team and see what tactic he needed to use with them. That was evident in his comment about "acting like a raving lunatic" now in practices and they need to be the "alpha dog."

He seems perplexed at just how soft the upperclassman are. Like he has never dealt with seniors that are this soft. TC the gift that keeps on giving. Well i guess it is Christmas time. I doubt CAM calls TC and thanks him for this lump of coal though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT