ADVERTISEMENT

Clark scoring and whining, scoring and crying

Clark definitely has left an impression on young girls and been good overall for the sport although I don't like her as an opponent. There were a lot of Iowa fans at the game last night but there were also Indiana fans that had young daughters wearing Clark jerseys. I had one two rows behind me last night. She was about the only Iowa fan in our small area down low in section H. I was a fan of Walt Frazier and Willis Reed first then became Pacer's fan of Mel Daniels, McGinnis and gang as a kid.

We got there early because we wanted to.make sure we could get our usual parking spot. Early on, when all the GA fans were lining up, I thought that there were going to be tons of Iowa fans.... They all seemed to arrive early. By the time it as all said and done, I don't think there were more than say 1500 Iowa fans.

The best energy level I've experienced at Assembly Hall, men's or women's this season.

2 I guess.
She's a point guard. Obviously not possible to project just how good she'll be in the WNBA. I think her PG skills will be what makes her one of the best players in the league though. She'll have plenty of Steph Curry like games, and I'm sure she'll score too...but I'm not sure her ball handling and passing skills get enough publicity. She had 9 assists last night, and her teammates missed at least 3-4 bunny layups that she had setup for them, and a few other open looks from the outside. And she has over 1000 assists in college.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
We got there early because we wanted to.make sure we could get our usual parking spot. Early on, when all the GA fans were lining up, I thought that there were going to be tons of Iowa fans.... They all seemed to arrive early. By the time it as all said and done, I don't think there were more than say 1500 Iowa fans.

The best energy level I've experienced at Assembly Hall, men's or women's this season.
I was thrilled to have a chance at reserved seats this year and not wait almost two hours in a line last year for the PU game. Fortunately, we had friends that got in towards the front of the line and saved us seats. Some women's fans only have been upset but I think the North bleachers was a compromise to those fans. Last night was the first time all season that was a problem and as you say not really much with our crowd. I am okay with the compromise but after this season I would hope that maybe they open the North bleachers up to students or reserved seats. It is a balancing act for the athletic department because my grandkids became IU fans when they were young as we always brought them to women's games or football games.

For women's games without a lot of fans they always wanted to sit where the students are this year and near the pep band and try to get on the big screen. That cemented their loyalty to the Hoosiers which at 20, 18, 15 and 10 they still have. A reason I support the Hoosier Ticket Project and donate my tickets to them when I can't or don't want to make the trip.

If we get tournament home games a senior like my wife and I can have reserved seats for three games for $30 or $40 depending on being a senior. In my book both season tickets for women's games are the best IU sports entertainment value especially to men's tickets averaging about $67 per ticket and game. You can have season tickets for the women's team for less than one men's tickets.

I agree that was the best atmosphere ever for me at a women's game last night. The crowd helped keep the momentum going.

She's a point guard. Obviously not possible to project just how good she'll be in the WNBA. I think her PG skills will be what makes her one of the best players in the league though. She'll have plenty of Steph Curry like games, and I'm sure she'll score too...but I'm not sure her ball handling and passing skills get enough publicity. She had 9 assists last night, and her teammates missed at least 3-4 bunny layups that she had setup for them, and a few other open looks from the outside. And she has over 1000 assists in college.
She can play 1 but I assume there are quicker guards in the league that can handle the ball. Depends who she is teamed up with. They need her shooting. But yeah, her court sense is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shuski
Love the way you constantly harp about CC complaining about the calls while you spend each and every game complaining about the calls. Hilarious!
Thanks for creating yet another user name just for me...I am so flattered.

If you ever do post on your own board be sure to say hi to Kern/Ord for us. We miss him. Never mind, he can just read this post as he is here every day.

Read a couple of the last pages of the Rivals Iowa boards 555 post Indiana game thread for the humor.

Here are some takeaways.

1. 20% of their posting fanbase doesn't know basketball. Like anything.

2. Refs screwed them last night, everybody on IU should have fouled out, or T'd up.

3. IU was more physical and aggressive, refs gave the game to IU in the first half with the no calls.

4. Winning the Blizzard game in Iowa by 27 proves Iowa is a better team.

5. Clark gets unfair treatment by the refs and is so awesome she can play her worst game and almost get a triple double. (They must have missed her 12 turnover game a few weeks ago)

6. All fans in attendance were there to see Clark. Not to see the reigning Big Ten champs in IU or great basketball.

7. Total amnesia that it took a Clark Hail Mary 3 after an uncalled travel to win in Iowa andsplit with IU last season.

8. Total amnesia that IU is the reigning Big Ten champ and their fans should bend the knee until that changes

She can play 1 but I assume there are quicker guards in the league that can handle the ball. Depends who she is teamed up with. They need her shooting. But yeah, her court sense is amazing.
Could be I guess. I'll have to admit, I'm not all that up to speed on types of players in the women's game, and what she'll be facing in the WNBA. My intuition tells me she'll face better overall athletes, that are hell bent on showing her up. They'll try to take her shot away before anything else, and her PG abilities will be magnified because she'll be passing to better overall players.

Could be I guess. I'll have to admit, I'm not all that up to speed on types of players in the women's game, and what she'll be facing in the WNBA. My intuition tells me she'll face better overall athletes, that are hell bent on showing her up. They'll try to take her shot away before anything else, and her PG abilities will be magnified because she'll be passing to better overall players.
Me neither. I don't know what the player landscape looks like

I have seen him battle for rebounds, to tip and deflect balls, etc... Not many 7 footers go diving for loose balls...that's not a realistic expectation. TJD didn't do it either.

Getting the ball ripped out of his hands has nothing to do with his motor, or how hard he's playing.

To be first team All American, he'd have to beat out Zach Edey and Hunter Dickinson...doubt he'd do that, no matter how "TJD-like" he was.

He's seemingly made some decent strides in energy and effort from year 1 to 2 in college. You have no idea what his attitude is, or will be, when he gets to the NBA...or what he needs to get a 2nd contract.

As it stands...he's averaging close to 16 and 10...almost 60% from the floor overall, over 40% from the three. I wish all our guys had his issues with energy and production. He's also doing all this with sub par guards.
I am thrilled we have the kid. Seems like a nice young man. I see he could be great if he set his mind to it. Maybe he will.

The Iowa fans took full advantage of the GA policy and got themselves a lot of good seats

Reactions: Vern Pain
As the clock wound down in the first quarter Clark was waiting to run the play she jab steps forward throws her shoulder into our defender and gets the call. Even the tv announcers were embarrassed.
Not only the shoulder, but her arm extended. That’s 2 of the 3 most prevalent issues that define an offensive foul. And IMO, Bargesser had her feet planted. 3 for 3: = Offensive Foul

I was thrilled to have a chance at reserved seats this year and not wait almost two hours in a line last year for the PU game. Fortunately, we had friends that got in towards the front of the line and saved us seats. Some women's fans only have been upset but I think the North bleachers was a compromise to those fans. Last night was the first time all season that was a problem and as you say not really much with our crowd. I am okay with the compromise but after this season I would hope that maybe they open the North bleachers up to students or reserved seats. It is a balancing act for the athletic department because my grandkids became IU fans when they were young as we always brought them to women's games or football games.

For women's games without a lot of fans they always wanted to sit where the students are this year and near the pep band and try to get on the big screen. That cemented their loyalty to the Hoosiers which at 20, 18, 15 and 10 they still have. A reason I support the Hoosier Ticket Project and donate my tickets to them when I can't or don't want to make the trip.

If we get tournament home games a senior like my wife and I can have reserved seats for three games for $30 or $40 depending on being a senior. In my book both season tickets for women's games are the best IU sports entertainment value especially to men's tickets averaging about $67 per ticket and game. You can have season tickets for the women's team for less than one men's tickets.

I agree that was the best atmosphere ever for me at a women's game last night. The crowd helped keep the momentum going.
It was a great atmosphere! I was just talking Wednesday Night at the Nebraska fiasco that we really haven’t had a fun men’s game all year. Kansas was the closest. But all those early games that should have been blow outs were close and we haven’t upset anyone. Last night was much needed. I missed that adrenaline burst you get from a rocking SSAH!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT