ADVERTISEMENT

Clark scoring and whining, scoring and crying

I’m now convinced that I’ll be seeing Caitlin Clark on the hit t.v show “Deadly Wives” in about 10 years. I’m certain that she could snap and kill a poor man….or woman if that’s her thing.

As I have stated in other threads season ticket holder for a lot of years and really enjoy the games especially since the Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill years. From row 8 across from our women's bench saw in person because I respect the player (Clark) not the behavior.

She jawed at Garzon and IU players had to restrain Garzon. She made gestures and whined non-stop at IU and the referees last night. She even got into it with the IU bench, but we had the last laugh last night. Even stoic Scalia got a technical near the end for supposedly taunting her and or Iowa in general. My wife who is nice to everyone has disliked Clark for the last two years and was very happy last night.

There were way too many Iowa fans in great seats especially, but they were overwhelmed by our crowd last night and left with heads hanging. It was a great atmosphere and what IU men's games used to be like. The Kansas game was the only one this year that was even close to being like that.

I am still holding out hope that men's basketball will get the program back on track as the 2000's have mostly been rough outside of about 3 or 4 seasons. I am glad that at least I can enjoy other IU teams in our 24/7 program. I have lived and breathed IU basketball since I was a kid in the late 60's but have not enjoyed much of men's basketball for the last 20 plus years very often. Unlike many on here I at least have been able to enjoy other IU sports teams including the women.

Go Hoosiers figure out what it takes to right the men's program (administration) regardless of any decisions that have to be made like you did recently in football. Still to be seen on the field but actually looking forward to seeing what coach Cig can do. Now is the time to hold the men's program accountable.

Earlier in the season one of the announcers said she had fast hip movements. I was watching alone so my humor went unnoticed.
I'm sure if I tried, I could work that announcer's statement in with a Conner McCaffery and a strap-on reference, into a very comical image for all...but I won't.

Let's just say...I question who wears the pants in that relationship, and leave it at that.

Sorry if offended, was on the road all week, 800 miles dealing with wonky satellites and cell outage...a bit punchy today.

Reactions: bIhawk
I know he’s been getting double doubles but he has so much more he could do with a motor. I just don’t understand not working your butt off with all the money he could make.

I busted my ass every game I ever played. I don’t understand not giving everything you have.
Ware works pretty damn hard. He has a passive demeanor. But he's working out there, for the most part.

Does he relax, at times, certainly. Could he have a higher "motor", certainly. But I don't think he's dogging it, ever. And I don't think he's lazy, ever.

On a team that struggles, mightily, with consistent energy and effort...I actually think Ware gets after it as consistently, often more consistently than any of the others.

The whole game was very chippy and Stoll echoed my wife and I feelings on Caitlin Clark exactly. I respect the player but love how we took her out of her game and got into her head. Up close she is even easier to dislike because of her constant whining and begging. All players do it a little, but her behavior make her look like I am the great Caitlin Clark, and all should bow before her greatness. Garzon blocked her shot in the first minute of play and the game was on. To her credit I did read one article that she credited our crowd for making it tough on her and the Iowa team.

It was obvious that Coach Moren had held her players accountable after the Illinois game and they were really fired up. That was the most emotion I have seen from the whole team all season and it was great.

What a turnaround, women's team is selling out the hall and the men's team can't give tickets away for a conference game. Not that long ago women's games were free and there were maybe a couple thousand people there on a good night.

Ware works pretty damn hard. He has a passive demeanor. But he's working out there, for the most part.

Does he relax, at times, certainly. Could he have a higher "motor", certainly. But I don't think he's dogging it, ever. And I don't think he's lazy, ever.

On a team that struggles, mightily, with consistent energy and effort...I actually think Ware gets after it as consistently, often more consistently than any of the others.
Have you ever seen him go aggressively after a 50/50 ball? I haven’t. How many times has he had the ball easily taken out of his hands? Too many.

IF he had TJD attitude and aggressiveness he’d be first team all American. Without that attitude change the bigs in the NBA will kick his ass all over the court. He better bank his 1st round money because there won’t be a second contract.

The whole game was very chippy and Stoll echoed my wife and I feelings on Caitlin Clark exactly. I respect the player but love how we took her out of her game and got into her head. Up close she is even easier to dislike because of her constant whining and begging. All players do it a little, but her behavior make her look like I am the great Caitlin Clark, and all should bow before her greatness. Garzon blocked her shot in the first minute of play and the game was on. To her credit I did read one article that she credited our crowd for making it tough on her and the Iowa team.

It was obvious that Coach Moren had held her players accountable after the Illinois game and they were really fired up. That was the most emotion I have seen from the whole team all season and it was great.
I think the sting of the bullshit way they lost at TAH last year was not gone. CC generally plays on the road in front of lots of adoring 12 year olds. She was in front of 17K with the vast majority being knowledgeable IU hoops fans who let her know.

Congrats to CTM and staff.

Have you ever seen him go aggressively after a 50/50 ball? I haven’t. How many times has he had the ball easily taken out of his hands? Too many.

IF he had TJD attitude and aggressiveness he’d be first team all American. Without that attitude change the bigs in the NBA will kick his ass all over the court. He better bank his 1st round money because there won’t be a second contract.
I have seen him battle for rebounds, to tip and deflect balls, etc... Not many 7 footers go diving for loose balls...that's not a realistic expectation. TJD didn't do it either.

Getting the ball ripped out of his hands has nothing to do with his motor, or how hard he's playing.

To be first team All American, he'd have to beat out Zach Edey and Hunter Dickinson...doubt he'd do that, no matter how "TJD-like" he was.

He's seemingly made some decent strides in energy and effort from year 1 to 2 in college. You have no idea what his attitude is, or will be, when he gets to the NBA...or what he needs to get a 2nd contract.

As it stands...he's averaging close to 16 and 10...almost 60% from the floor overall, over 40% from the three. I wish all our guys had his issues with energy and production. He's also doing all this with sub par guards.

As I have stated in other threads season ticket holder for a lot of years and really enjoy the games especially since the Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill years. From row 8 across from our women's bench saw in person because I respect the player (Clark) not the behavior.

She jawed at Garzon and IU players had to restrain Garzon. She made gestures and whined non-stop at IU and the referees last night. She even got into it with the IU bench, but we had the last laugh last night. Even stoic Scalia got a technical near the end for supposedly taunting her and or Iowa in general. My wife who is nice to everyone has disliked Clark for the last two years and was very happy last night.

There were way too many Iowa fans in great seats especially, but they were overwhelmed by our crowd last night and left with heads hanging. It was a great atmosphere and what IU men's games used to be like. The Kansas game was the only one this year that was even close to being like that.

I am still holding out hope that men's basketball will get the program back on track as the 2000's have mostly been rough outside of about 3 or 4 seasons. I am glad that at least I can enjoy other IU teams in our 24/7 program. I have lived and breathed IU basketball since I was a kid in the late 60's but have not enjoyed much of men's basketball for the last 20 plus years very often. Unlike many on here I at least have been able to enjoy other IU sports teams including the women.

Go Hoosiers figure out what it takes to right the men's program (administration) regardless of any decisions that have to be made like you did recently in football. Still to be seen on the field but actually looking forward to seeing what coach Cig can do. Now is the time to hold the men's program accountable.
CC was out when Scalia got rung up. So ironic that this one first chirp got the T after the gamelong BS from CC and her coach.

I think the sting of the bullshit way they lost at TAH last year was not gone. CC generally plays on the road in front of lots of adoring 12 year olds. She was in front of 17K with the vast majority being knowledgeable IU hoops fans who let her know.

We beat them at SSAH last year...I'm just clarifying that you were misremembering or did I miss somehting?

I have seen him battle for rebounds, to tip and deflect balls, etc... Not many 7 footers go diving for loose balls...that's not a realistic expectation. TJD didn't do it either.

Getting the ball ripped out of his hands has nothing to do with his motor, or how hard he's playing.

To be first team All American, he'd have to beat out Zach Edey and Hunter Dickinson...doubt he'd do that, no matter how "TJD-like" he was.

He's seemingly made some decent strides in energy and effort from year 1 to 2 in college. You have no idea what his attitude is, or will be, when he gets to the NBA...or what he needs to get a 2nd contract.

As it stands...he's averaging close to 16 and 10...almost 60% from the floor overall, over 40% from the three. I wish all our guys had his issues with energy and production. He's also doing all this with sub par guards.
I’ve watched him up close 15 feet in front of me in games. It’s maddening how soft he is.

I am thankful for what he’s doing but not close to how good he could be with hustle and effort.

Just my opinion and you disagree, which is fine.

Clark definitely has left an impression on young girls and been good overall for the sport although I don't like her as an opponent. There were a lot of Iowa fans at the game last night but there were also Indiana fans that had young daughters wearing Clark jerseys. I had one two rows behind me last night. She was about the only Iowa fan in our small area down low in section H. I was a fan of Walt Frazier and Willis Reed first then became Pacer's fan of Mel Daniels, McGinnis and gang as a kid.

Reactions: Tammany Hall

Ware has been pretty darn good, hard to argue with the stats.

If you want to win over the broader Indiana fanbase you need to make some tough faces, gesture to the crowd, and maybe dive on the floor for the heck of it.

IIRC he played through some injuries this year too.

Of course he’s not a perfect guy, but he gets too much criticism. Some people are more Jeff Newton/CWat and less AJ Moye.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrbjrb

Nice to see a team feeding off the AH crowd again. Real basketball fans.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Clark definitely has left an impression on young girls and been good overall for the sport although I don't like her as an opponent. There were a lot of Iowa fans at the game last night but there were also Indiana fans that had young daughters wearing Clark jerseys. I had one two rows behind me last night. She was about the only Iowa fan in our small area down low in section H. I was a fan of Walt Frazier and Willis Reed first then became Pacer's fan of Mel Daniels, McGinnis and gang as a kid.
Yea. She annoys people, but in the big picture it’s pretty cool she can create so much emotion and interest with fans. Part of basketball are “villians” you love on your team and hate on others. That adds a lot of extra fun.

Reactions: Shuski
Yea. She annoys people, but in the big picture it’s pretty cool she can create so much emotion and interest with fans. Part of basketball are “villians” you love on your team and hate on others. That adds a lot of extra fun.
Yeah, she and Angel Reece have done wonders for interest in the sport becuase they are excellent players and villians.

Reactions: Shuski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT