ADVERTISEMENT

Cig is certainly swinging for the fences.

OK?

The dude is already committed to USC, and even if he wasn't, it is going to be a while before offers like this are anything more than a formality even if Cignetti's time here goes well. I mean, Allen had us in the top 25 back-to-back years and was a strong recruiter, yet even at his peak we were only contending for mid-to-high 4*s on the highest-end. 5* players aren't even going to begin to consider IU until and unless we start willing 8/9+ consistently, or realistically, better than that.

Reactions: vesuvius13
OK?

The dude is already committed to USC, and even if he wasn't, it is going to be a while before offers like this are anything more than a formality even if Cignetti's time here goes well. I mean, Allen had us in the top 25 back-to-back years and was a strong recruiter, yet even at his peak we were only contending for mid-to-high 4*s on the highest-end. 5* players aren't even going to begin to consider IU until and unless we start willing 8/9+ consistently, or realistically, better than that.
Are you talking to yourself?

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
OK?

Thank God we have you here to keep us all grounded.

Thank God we have you here to keep us all grounded.
A lot of 5* players even get offers from FCS teams who know they have no shot.

The simple act of making the offer is not a big deal, isn't bold, and doesn't mean anything about the new coach. Allen and Wilson made offers with just as much chance of getting actual consideration as this one does, and you didn't see people celebrating those.

The simple act of making the offer is not a big deal, isn't bold, and doesn't mean anything about the new coach. Allen and Wilson made offers with just as much chance of getting actual consideration as this one does, and you didn't see people celebrating those.

There’s actually a connection here but I guess it’s more fun just to bash the new coach already.

An NBA hall of famer once said. I missed a 100 % of the shots I didn't take. Made a lot of sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT