ADVERTISEMENT

Christopher Columbus was a fraud

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
The Vikings were the true discoverers of America.

SKOL!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 76-1
Reactions: DANC
Yep, how can one discover something other people are literally living on.
I'm like you, I've always said that "discover" is the wrong word when describing Columbus. On the other hand, I don't think we'll ever know for sure who discovered America.

The Vikings were the true discoverers of America.

SKOL!

giphy.gif
It's their own fault. The Vikings had bad PR people working for them. Now once question I have is if they came to North America did they go back to their homeland or stay here?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The podcast The Rest is History recently had a 4-parter on Columbus. As are all of their episodes, it was really, really good. Needless to say, even in his time many saw Columbus as a loon. For example, most people knew that Columbus had not reached Asia but Columbus continued to insist that he had. (Never mind that old nonsense about Columbus proving the Earth was round - the ancient Greeks had figured that out.)

That’s the predominant theory. I’ve seen more.
But doesn't history tell us that Indians were already here when Columbus came over? So back to Marvin's question "How do you discover a place where people are already living?"

If the native population was already there, how could they discover it? And, some experts feel there is evidence of remains that predate the American Indians genetically.
Unless humans first evolved in America (or the Garden of Eden was in America), someone "discovered" America. The ancestors of the indigenous peoples here at the time the Norse or Columbus arrived discovered America.

Michael R. Waters and Thomas D. Dillahay?

Ah. I'm familiar with that. That's not suggesting a separate population that predates native Americans, though. Rather, it just posits an earlier arrival.

Unless humans first evolved in America (or the Garden of Eden was in America), someone "discovered" America. The ancestors of the indigenous peoples here at the time the Norse or Columbus arrived discovered America.
Unless someone predated the indians and they killed them off prior to Columbus arriving.

Ah. I'm familiar with that. That's not suggesting a separate population that predates native Americans, though. Rather, it just posits an earlier arrival.
Hmmm . . . I didn't read it that way. I read it as positing a separate population that predates native Americans.

What are you talking about: an earlier arrival of native Americans?

Hmmm . . . I didn't read it that way. I read it as positing a separate population that predates native Americans.

What are you talking about: an earlier arrival of native Americans?
That they began colonizing America earlier than the traditional narrative, i.e., before the great passageway opened up from retreating glaciers. Probably started with coastal migration down the Pacific seaboard.

That they began colonizing America earlier than the traditional narrative, i.e., before the great passageway opened up from retreating glaciers. Probably started with coastal migration down the Pacific seaboard.
Got it. What gets me, is the pre-Clovis period and the post-Clovis period. Did Clovis people interbreed with the pre- and post-native American populations?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT