ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Stapleton

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
I know there are a couple other fans out there, and he's the musical guest on SNL tonight, according to a buddy. Break out the bourbon and the bud!

Reactions: C-$
Thanks for posting. I thought "Might as Well get Stoned" fit the AOTF and just found a live version. I didn't know everyone was going to become TMP on me, so I think the songs you posted better reflect his talent. To me he's far from "radio Country".
I told you dude, he's fake. Fake music sucks.

Thanks for posting. I thought "Might as Well get Stoned" fit the AOTF and just found a live version. I didn't know everyone was going to become TMP on me, so I think the songs you posted better reflect his talent. To me he's far from "radio Country".

**** EM, bro.

Reactions: kkott
I like Chris a lot has the old school country voice. Bought his album probably first album I have bought in years.

Reactions: kkott and C-$

He was in a bluegrass group for two albums the SteelDrivers and the more blues Jompson brothers. He is very diverse and has a bluesy quality that is different. Very much old school like a Merle, George, Willie, Johnny. Not in sound but the overall vibe. I like his story because he stuck with it and finally broke out at 38. Has 4 #1 hits for George Strait, Darius Rucker, Kenny Chesney, Thomas Rhett

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
I told you dude, he's fake. Fake music sucks.

Have you listened to his latest album? I don't see how you can call it standard country fare. When I listened to it, I didn't think there was a single song that would get played on country radio or make the top 100. He's got a couple that are on the charts now, but it sure doesn't sound like "formula country". I get how you say the songs he's written are part of corporate country or whatever you want to call it, but don't see how you can say that about this album.

Reactions: C-$
Have you listened to his latest album? I don't see how you can call it standard country fare. When I listened to it, I didn't think there was a single song that would get played on country radio or make the top 100. He's got a couple that are on the charts now, but it sure doesn't sound like "formula country". I get how you say the songs he's written are part of corporate country or whatever you want to call it, but don't see how you can say that about this album.

Correct.

A lot of blues/jazz feel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT