ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago now home to the 3rd most Fortune 500 companies, leapfrogging Atlanta.

It's a shit hole that everyone is leaving! Lol.

Population declines are for sure happening and it does have its issues. However, it's an amazing city. Best food and best sports city on earth. Music scene is top 10. Comedy scene is top 5. The arts and theatre top 5. If you're a single dude with a little money...that lake front in the summer... man... 96 Bulls level talent.

That's my hot take. Eat it with a couple two tree beer.

Reactions: DrHoops

Population declines are for sure happening and it does have its issues. However, it's an amazing city. Best food and best sports city on earth. Music scene is top 10. Comedy scene is top 5. The arts and theatre top 5. If you're a single dude with a little money...that lake front in the summer... man... 96 Bulls level talent.

But that’s another bunch of nonsense the wingnuts like to spew (not blaming you). Downtown Chicago is the fastest growing in the US. It’s the population of Illinois that is shrinking, not Chicago.

Today I took a run down the lakefront trail, and I have never seen so many young people in my life at Oak Street Beach. I kinda felt like a creep looking over, cause there were a a lot of tiny bikinis on college aged women. 🤷🏼.

Tonight I’m heading to the lowly White Sox vs Red Sox. @CO. Hoosier would love it as a fellow Sox fan.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier

If Brandon Johnson keeps the Bears Downtown, he will be a hero.

The Loop’s population has grown 9% since 2020!

Bluh, sorry. Not sure how to deal with the “robot” thing.

But that’s another bunch of nonsense the wingnuts like to spew (not blaming you). Downtown Chicago is the fastest growing in the US. It’s the population of Illinois that is shrinking, not Chicago.

Today I took a run down the lakefront trail, and I have never seen so many young people in my life at Oak Street Beach. I kinda felt like a creep looking over, cause there were a a lot of tiny bikinis on college aged women. 🤷🏼.

Tonight I’m heading to the lowly White Sox vs Red Sox. @CO. Hoosier would love it as a fellow Sox fan.
Hey at least the Sox are breaking records! '62 Mets better look out!

Are Sox on their way to Nashville?

The problem with all the young couples in big cities (like Denver too) is no kids. That will be a big problem.

We biked lakefront trail from one end to the other several years ago. Great views of the city.

The Loop’s population has grown 9% since 2020!

Bluh, sorry. Not sure how to deal with the “robot” thing.
Not exactly sure that’s something to be celebratory about. The business district hollowing out and vacant skyscrapers being transformed into apartments (30% affordable housing backed by taxpayer dollars and city subsidies) is a bummer to me. Maybe preferable to a ghost city but still sucks.

Boeing, Caterpillar and Citadel were all major losses that actually had large employee headcount’s in the city. McDonald’s is likely to leave as well in the next decade.

And the population of Chicago is indeed shrinking. Public Housing development in the loop is ok I guess but I’m not sure I’d take it as a sign the city is thriving. The overall trend is not a positive one.

But hey! I’m sure we’ll take #1 in the Condé Nast rankings again next year. Can always hang our hat on that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT