ADVERTISEMENT

Chappelle on San Fran

From Westeros to San Fransicso to Paris to Johannesburg....large cities all have similar problems across cultures, etc. I tend to think a massive number of humans living in large urban centers generally have the same problems they've always had.

Used to be people just died. Now there are programs which keep them alive and thriving. Do I think Progressive policies are harmful? Probably. Do I also believe that, based upon the entirety of human history, we will continue to look for ways to take care of disadvantaged or just straight trash humans? Yes, we'll continue to do that as well.

So, pray tell, what to the conservative have on offer other than near Darwinism?
Well, Westeros wasn’t/isn’t a city, but you know that. Nevertheless, the thought of dragons in the solution might have promise . . .

Your Dad sounds like a really interesting guy.
Well, when asked how he'd have handled the Iran Hostage Crisis he advised he would have taken a bunch of Shia up in a helicoptor and just started dropping them out until somebody gave up.

So, yeah, interesting. Or loony. He also probably knows more about the Kennedy assassination than any person who hasn't written a book about it (he should have) and probalby many who did (look, I'm not ashamed to admit we traveled to Dallas when I was younger for a conference and I visted the Bethesda Naval Hospital when i was 12 (he still doesn't call it Walter Reed) . But, whatever you do, never ask him about it. Unless you've got at least 12 hours to kill.

Last edited:
Everything is going to be LA? I think still the largest city in the world by actual land area (maybe Berlin or Tokyo or some unknown place in China with 40 million people).

My dad always thought if you dropped homeless people in the woods they'd figure it out. At some point. Many are highly resourceful but just stuck in a doom loop they can't crawl out of.

Of course, the ohter 70% are worthless and won't ever account for much.
I think some live that life by choice. Others have mental health. Shitty luck. We should definitely fund support at whatever levels are required imo.

I do think there is a very real issue with homelessness and crime in a lot of US cities, but I also think your post wades into far-right conspiracy theory territory. I don't think there is a Democratic platform to keep people dependent on the government. I'm honestly not sure why some of our cities are dealing with these issues, but my guess is that has to do with decades-long neglect of mental health services, affordable housing and yes, cracking down on crime.

I think it's more complicated than Democratic mayors sitting on high watching their cities burn.
No conspiracies, they’re incompetent and their policies don’t work. It’s simple.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
Wtf happened to this place? It’s become half Glee half zombie movie. The whole city has become the tenderloin.

Y’all need a Batman

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7fTh.gif

You can look the quote up but you are too lazy to do that as it proves the exact opposite of what you said.
This quote?:

“If we stand passively by while the centre of each city becomes a hive of depravation, crime and hopelessness…if we become two people, the suburban affluent and the urban poor, each filled with mistrust and fear for the other…then we shall effectively cripple each generation to come.”

Reactions: larsIU
This quote?:

“If we stand passively by while the centre of each city becomes a hive of depravation, crime and hopelessness…if we become two people, the suburban affluent and the urban poor, each filled with mistrust and fear for the other…then we shall effectively cripple each generation to come.”
Who are leading the charge on this?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Who are leading the charge on this?
The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

But the demonizing of those with good intentions is new and destructive. WE used to call them misguided. Now they are devils or the dreaded "others"? SMDH

Reactions: Baller23Boogie

But the demonizing of those with good intentions is new and destructive. WE used to call them misguided. Now they are devils or the dreaded "others"? SMDH
I have a hard time believing when Biden talks about white supremacy or racism he does it with good intentions. From “back in chains,” to “both sides,” to “the threat of white supremacy” Biden shows his intentions are not conciliatory . I think he is deliberately pandering and doesn’t care about unifying the country.

No moron. Enforcing the law. Public safety. Order. Getting the community organizations and businesses on the same page. You used your signature I’m a vapid blinkard laughing emoji above re my post with Rudy but it’s 100 percent accurate as to how he cleaned up nyc. You really need to go away. You are far too stupid to be here. You just muck up threads with your yabbuts
Exactly. It’s against the law in every state to appropriate public property for private use. We all know that Amazon cant Use a public park to store its trucks. Yet leftists permit homeless to live in public parks. “Nobody is above the law” only works for some people, but not others.

Exactly. It’s against the law in every state to appropriate public property for private use. We all know that Amazon cant Use a public park to store its trucks. Yet leftists permit homeless to live in public parks. “Nobody is above the law” only works for some people, but not others.
A problem we have today is that this brand of politician, on both sides really, only considers their own interests. So the restaurant owner with the homeless guy posted in front isn’t considered. Or how these policies impact the owner’s viability. And I agree we have to run the homeless off. But they are people too. And we should have a plan for improving their lot.

Having spent considerable time with nonprofits and social workers who now identify as progressives I agree that they are well intentioned

This quote?:

“I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for the next two hundred years. [Said to two governors regarding the Civil Rights Act of 1964, according to then-Air Force One steward Robert MacMillan]”​

― Lyndon B. Johnson

A problem we have today is that this brand of politician, on both sides really, only considers their own interests. So the restaurant owner with the homeless guy posted in front isn’t considered. Or how these policies impact the owner’s viability. And I agree we have to run the homeless off. But they are people too. And we should have a plan for improving their lot.
We can start the improvement process by stop being enablers. Too many are too tolerant of destructive behavior because changing things involves difficult and seemingly callous standards. A case in point is many cities have decriminalized taking a crap or taking a piss in public because to do otherwise would “criminalize being homeless.”

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
I have a hard time believing when Biden talks about white supremacy or racism he does it with good intentions. From “back in chains,” to “both sides,” to “the threat of white supremacy” Biden shows his intentions are not conciliatory . I think he is deliberately pandering and doesn’t care about unifying the country.
Well, yeah. His intentions (vis a vis poverty or racism) might be good but he's busy demonizing others. That is a problem. And it doesn't help.

I'm sure he cares about unifying the country but secondary to dividing the Republicans. He is, of course, absolutely not special in that regard.

Having spent considerable time with nonprofits and social workers who now identify as progressives I agree that they are well intentioned
Agreed about the NGO’s and government social workers. They do yeoman's work for meager pay. , But can we say the same for those looking for votes?

Reactions: DANC and larsIU
We can start the improvement process by stop being enablers. Too many are too tolerant of destructive behavior because changing things involves difficult and seemingly callous standards. A case in point is many cities have decriminalized taking a crap or taking a piss in public because to do otherwise would “criminalize being homeless.”
America is scared, as soon as any action is taken that can be construed as hard against what is deemed an "underprivileged" person it feels like the end of the world. Talk to police and many that are public servants and they will tell you, the current climate is geared in the wrong direction. I blame the media as a huge component of the problem.

Our bank took part in building a home for a young mother and her kids done through Habitat for Humanity this past weekend. The young lady was so grateful and it was fulfilling work, the only issue is they personally saw at least 10 drug deals going down close to the new home. This young lady is getting the opportunity of a lifetime and has to indure those type issues while raising kids. We try to break the cycle, but sometimes there are many who do not want the cycle to be broken.

It’s nothing but politics with Biden. Those kids at Howard didn’t need to hear the garbage Biden spewed at their graduation.

Maybe we can help send them to Sicily?

Nix that. This might be my plan B if the mountain falls through. A nice sleepy village in Sicily, renovating a house. McMurt, this is how you win her back!

One of my dad's recurring quesitons was around military base closures. Surely we could use these massive housing units to house the homeless. And then have drug treatment, job training, mental health services, medical services, etc. Yes, expensive but he really believes you could offer one time amnesty and some voluntary comittal process that would move them to these locations. And we coult finally utilize some level of scale b/c so many people would be housed in one place. Very rudimentary but I'm disappointed we don't even try shit anymore in this country.

Yes, I get that it looks really really shitty. But......sometimes we're constrained by our laws and our options to solve problems get increasingly more confined until there really is nothing we can do. I'm not saying the Dems don't have blood on their hands but I'm not entirely certain we'd see even a 10% change. yeah the crime would go down. You can solve that.

Maybe that's all we can solve in our current model..
None of the homeless want to be helped. That's the problem.

And they don't want to go to a military base - there's nothing there. They can't be a public nuisance, which is what they want to be. Drugs would be harder to get there.

Enforce the laws we have on the books, for a start. Then, we can go from there.

None of the homeless want to be helped. That's the problem.

And they don't want to go to a military base - there's nothing there. They can't be a public nuisance, which is what they want to be. Drugs would be harder to get there.

Enforce the laws we have on the books, for a start. Then, we can go from there.
Take the ones that do want help. The elderly and young first. Take them from their parents. Sue me. We’re doing society a favor. There are some problems which can only be solved by a frontal assault. Nibbling around the edges does shit.

It might cause a constitutional crisis but let’s see how it plays out.

Take the ones that do want help. The elderly and young first. Take them from their parents. Sue me. We’re doing society a favor. There are some problems which can only be solved by a frontal assault. Nibbling around the edges does shit.

It might cause a constitutional crisis but let’s see how it plays out.
Sure, I'm fine for those that want it. I'm afraid the number is much smaller than you think.

Reactions: Univee2 and larsIU
That's why we need AR-15s.
I do wonder what the hell the Colts are going to do if Anthony Richardson wants to keep his college moniker.

Quite tonedeafedly “AR-15”. That’s not gonna work.

Well, when asked how he'd have handled the Iran Hostage Crisis he advised he would have taken a bunch of Shia up in a helicoptor and just started dropping them out until somebody gave up.

So, yeah, interesting. Or loony. He also probably knows more about the Kennedy assassination than any person who hasn't written a book about it (he should have) and probalby many who did (look, I'm not ashamed to admit we traveled to Dallas when I was younger for a conference and I visted the Bethesda Naval Hospital when i was 12 (he still doesn't call it Walter Reed) . But, whatever you do, never ask him about it. Unless you've got at least 12 hours to kill.
Was your dad in Vietnam? That's what happened to some of the Viet Cong.

Sure, I'm fine for those that want it. I'm afraid the number is much smaller than you think.
Could be. Still think we should find out. And it could be federal.

Now I just need to get elected. Nah, too many pics and public records for that.

I do wonder what the hell the Colts are go. A do it Anthony Richardson wants to keep his college moniker.

Quite tonedeafedly “AR-15”. That’s not gonna work.
It will work when they're at your door.

• Haha
Was your dad in Vietnam? That's what happened to some of the Viet Cong.
Yep. Army. I think he went over in ‘67 and came back in ‘68. Medic but never saw the front lines. Mostly in hospital.

Reactions: DANC
And I agree we have to run the homeless off. But they are people too. And we should have a plan for improving their lot.
And that is complicated by Federal court orders because, as you acknowledge, they are people too and have some pretty basic concerns that are legitimate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT