ADVERTISEMENT

Can Cig do what Drinkwitz did?

I don’t think the situations are comparable. Missouri has a better history of winning. Gary Pinkel had already achieved 11 & 12 win seasons there. Cignetti has to do something that hasn’t ever been done here to achieve those kind of results. If he wins 11 games at IU I think that’s much more impressive than doing it at a place like Missouri which is more comparable to Iowa or Wisconsin. If Cignetti can have Gary Pinkel type success who had longer sustained success than Drinkwitz I’d be ecstatic.

Cignetti has to do something that hasn’t ever been done here to achieve those kind of results. If he wins 11 games at IU I think that’s much more impressive than doing it at a place like Missouri which is more comparable to Iowa or Wisconsin.

This. If we can ever get to the place where 8 wins are expected year in and year out then Cig will have proven to be an elite college coach. I'm not convinced even a Saban or Meyer could get us to 11 wins on a regular basis.

This. If we can ever get to the place where 8 wins are expected year in and year out then Cig will have proven to be an elite college coach. I'm not convinced even a Saban or Meyer could get us to 11 wins on a regular basis.
And I want it to happen ... but don't want Saban or Meyer under any condition. Trail of used scholar athletes in their wake, I'd rather just watch NFL

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT