ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari to Arkansas

I think the Portal makes college coaching a pain in the ass. As long as he has a good handle and relationship with the main NIL actors for his school, I would think NIL at a place like Kentucky would make recruiting a lot easier?

I guess NIL for 98% of the schools probably is a pain in the ass. But for the top schools...not as much.

"I can assure you our NIL package will be as competitive or more than anywhere else. Now, let’s talk about how you can make yourself a lottery pick." Only a few coaches can say that and know they mean it.
The portal further widens the gap between the have and have nots. It certainly has its challenges (development, culture, etc), but better to be a poacher than one being poached in the portal era. Now a program like Kentucky can recruit from their college competition as well as from the high school ranks.

And knew he was coming back and Liam didn't want to come off the bench. When LM signed, Mack was still projected as a first round pick. That probably has more to do with it than any other guess....
Probably so, yeah... and the exact opposite on one of his other main choices with Furphy at Kansas, who surprisingly played himself in to a likely first round pick.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Probably so, yeah... and the exact opposite on one of his other main choices with Furphy at Kansas, who surprisingly played himself in to a likely first round pick.
We need to start a Matt Painter to UK rumor ..

Reactions: Tscurlo
HALLELUJAH!
Jesus Praise GIF by MOODMAN

Cal cut a lot of people off.

Connections to Cal is irrelevant to predicting the next coach. Matt is just one opinion, but he is a UK homer who follows things closely.
No one knows what Hurley is going to do. But he could make more at UK, and cement himself as the face of CBB at UK. Uconn is also going to be left out of conference realignment. Because they have no football. UK is safe in the SEC. The big east is going to implode. Next year will be a rebuild year for uconn and he will have already won 2 titles. Assuming he wins tonight. It makes sense from all angles. He's also a big Pitino fanboy.

No one knows what Hurley is going to do. But he could make more at UK, and cement himself as the face of CBB at UK. Uconn is also going to be left out of conference realignment. Because they have no football. UK is safe in the SEC. The big east is going to implode. Next year will be a rebuild year for uconn and he will have already won 2 titles. Assuming he wins tonight. It makes sense from all angles. He's also a big Pitino fanboy.
This year was a rebuild for UConn too...for what its worth.

I agree they could lose more this year...but somehow they got better losing 3 NBA guys off their team from last year.

Lol, Justin Rowland of rivals broke the news. UCONN admin is nervous about Hurley leaving for UK.

Ummm...ok. I'll eat crow if it happens, but I highly doubt anyone at UConn is worried. My money is on Sean Miller. But I know nothing.

I doubt the Big East is going to implode. It exists because of football Conference realignment. I think it more likely conference realignment implodes and football just becomes it own entity in college sports.

I suspect that Hurley is already the face of college basketball.

Reactions: nichlee
I keep seeing posts that UK fans wanted Cal gone and IU fans better watch what you wish for or he might leave, and I keep thinking every university in the nation wants CMK here. We can’t get that lucky.

Is it imminent though? Lots of smoke but shoot, we've seen that many times over on here.

With that said, Beard to UK would seem like an obvious fit. Unless.....they want Pitino back?!
or maybe the coaching musical chairs could end with Woodson at UK ... one can dream ...

Maybe he is to nice and easy to like for UK but seems like Shaka Smart would be a good fit at UK and seems like sleeper. He can recruit lights out. Texas was a learning curve for him in a power conference but by the time he left, it seemed they were getting on track. He might still be there if Beard didn't come available for them. I think he is from Wisconsin so he may be happy at Marquette.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT