ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark Snubbed

Conceivably you could increase the salaries of Federal employees, while reducing headcount and still come out ahead.

I’d offer you a counter example. Private School teachers on average make less than their Public Counter parts despite their students far outperforming public school kids.

Why? Because at the end of the day it’s not about the salary. It’s about do nothing, mediocrities being drawn to government work like moths to a flame.

You should just do volunteer work for a cause dear to your heart then.

You’re pretty much going to get the same deal either way. You want double the work it’s going to cost you double the pay.
See I don’t want double the “work” from Federal employees. In fact I want a smaller scope of work and offloading as much as possible to the states or privatization of said work.

Your argument seems to be, “we need a place for those with low ambition who want iron clad job security”.

Yeah not gonna fly with me. Not when I’m footing the bill.

See I don’t want double the “work” from Federal employees. In fact I want a smaller scope of work and offloading as much as possible to the states or privatization of said work.

Your argument seems to be, “we need a place for those with low ambition who want iron clad job security”.

Yeah not gonna fly with me. Not when I’m footing the bill.

You get what you pay for. I’m sorry if you don’t like that.

You get what you pay for. I’m sorry if you don’t like that.
And what I pay for via Federal tax dollars is the largest entity that has ever existed in the history of the world, both in headcount and dollars.

Yet you act like it’s some rag tag organization operating with no budget.

The shit is coming out of your ears Sobester.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
And what I pay for via Federal tax dollars is the largest entity that has ever existed in the history of the world, both in headcount and dollars.

Yet you act like it’s some rag tag organization operating with no budget.

The shit is coming out of your ears Sobester.

I don’t work for the government and haven’t for years.

In my experience government agencies are very efficient considering their budgets. Most government employees take their jobs seriously. But in a free market, if you want someone to work 70 hours per week you have to pay for it. Just because you pay taxes doesn’t mean they have to work for you for free. Have you ever worked for the government?

• Haha
Chicago, do you know any public school teachers? If so, do you yell at them for not teaching year round for the same pay. Are they lazy slackers?

Conceivably you could increase the salaries of Federal employees, while reducing headcount and still come out ahead.

I’d offer you a counter example. Private School teachers on average make less than their Public Counter parts despite their students far outperforming public school kids.

Why? Because at the end of the day it’s not about the salary. It’s about do nothing, mediocrities being drawn to government work like moths to a flame.

Because they choose their kids. The kids have to behave or be kicked out, perform or be kicked out. The kid that just wants to disrupt? The public school must keep them.

We will form a basketball team. I can have tryouts and cut. Your team is random assigned and all must play. Which team is going to win? Even taking away the fact I'll be a much better coach, my team will win.

Chicago, do you know any public school teachers? If so, do you yell at them for not teaching year round for the same pay. Are they lazy slackers?
I know plenty. I am after all here in Chicago, where the cost per pupil in CPS is identical to that of my ritzy Suburban High School. And every contract negotiation the teachers union bilks the taxpayer for more money while test scores continue their downward trajectory.

No I don’t demean their chosen profession to their face. Are they overwhelmingly unspectacular people? I would say so.

If there was a linear correlation between greater government funding and better government performance, that would be a separate discussion. But there ain’t.

I know plenty. I am after all here in Chicago, where the cost per pupil in CPS is identical to that of my ritzy Suburban High School. And every contract negotiation the teachers union bilks the taxpayer for more money while test scores continue their downward trajectory.

No I don’t demean their chosen profession to their face. Are they overwhelmingly unspectacular people? I would say so.

If there was a linear correlation between greater government funding and better government performance, that would be a separate discussion. But there ain’t.

I’m assuming to know this you must have been a public school teacher at some point.

But what about when a Democrat is in office again? Wouldn't they get to choose who they want to be there? I don't think Trump would kick black people out just because they are black. He always tries to get the best person for the job. It's what he does.
out of 100 judges, there were 5 minority judges, and only 1 was black. trump is a racist and a bigot. Go ahead and vote for him.It says a lot about you.

I’m assuming to know this you must have been a public school teacher at some point.
Frivolous, stupid argument. To harken back to Marv’s basketball analogy. If a player for IU plays 35 minutes a game and never makes a shot, I can criticize said players performance despite having never played D1 ball.

The idea that you can’t demand results and accountability from people in a field you’ve never worked in is horrendously stupid. Especially if you’re paying said people.

I’m a product of public education. Does that not give me some insight into Public School teachers?

Ok. I didn’t so……

And I certainly wouldn’t expect the AG office to
work my hours or endure my stress and get paid what they do. Who in the F am I to make that demand. If I feel that way I should go do it myself or STFU.

Because they choose their kids. The kids have to behave or be kicked out, perform or be kicked out. The kid that just wants to disrupt? The public school must keep them.

We will form a basketball team. I can have tryouts and cut. Your team is random assigned and all must play. Which team is going to win? Even taking away the fact I'll be a much better coach, my team will win.
Sounds like an argument for school choice Marv. Or at the very least an acknowledgement that the problem with public schools isn’t a funding one.

Frivolous, stupid argument. To harken back to Marv’s basketball analogy. If a player for IU plays 35 minutes a game and never makes a shot, I can criticize said players performance despite having never played D1 ball.

The idea that you can’t demand results and accountability from people in a field you’ve never worked in is horrendously stupid. Especially if you’re paying said people.

I’m a product of public education. Does that not give me some insight into Public School teachers?

Except you have no idea how they work or how good their results are given their circumstances.

Reactions: baileyiu
Except you have no idea how they work or how good their results are given their circumstances.
I do know how they work. You have a curriculum. You do your best to make sure the students understand the curriculum. Success is (or ought to be) measured by grades and test scores.

For the love of god stop making people with education degrees out to be Astro-physicists. These are people that could do no better than an education degree.

Sounds like an argument for school choice Marv. Or at the very least an acknowledgement that the problem with public schools isn’t a funding one.
I do know how they work. You have a curriculum. You do your best to make sure the students understand the curriculum. Success is (or ought to be) measured by grades and test scores.

For the love of god stop making people with education degrees out to be Astro-physicists. These are people that could do no better than an education degree.

So a teacher who teaches special needs children should get the same results. So again, you have no idea if their results are acceptable or not.

School choice is fine as long as all schools receiving public money abide by the constitution.
Wut? So if a Muslim parent wants to send their kid to a Catholic school where he’ll learn the Ten Commandments and has daily religious education class they can’t?

Or were you getting at something else? Perhaps a student should have a right to a jury trial before being sentenced to detention?

Unless everyone can get out, I don't know what school choice accomplishes. The more of the top you pull off, the worse it is for those left behind.

So a teacher who teaches special needs children should get the same results. So again, you have no idea if their results are acceptable or not.
If you’re trying to make the argument that the teachers themselves are highly replaceable and that a kids parents and home life are far more important, I agree.

Special needs kids? Get serious.

Wut? So if a Muslim parent wants to send their kid to a Catholic school where he’ll learn the Ten Commandments and has daily religious education class they can’t?

Or were you getting at something else? Perhaps a student should have a right to a jury trial before being sentenced to detention?

What I said was simple so I’m not sure why it is so confusing. If a school receives public funding they must abide by doctrine of separation of church and state. I would think this would be obvious. If a Muslim parent wants their child to learn Catholicism they can pay for it. Or, the Catholic school can give them a scholarship and not mooch off the government.

Unless everyone can get out, I don't know what school choice accomplishes. The more of the top you pull off, the worse it is for those left behind.
You can’t save every kid. Under universal school choice, kids and families that want to succeed will and those that don’t won’t.

Is it fair if a kid was born to shitty parents that don’t take their education seriously? No.

But that’s life.

You can’t save every kid. Under universal school choice, kids and families that want to succeed will and those that don’t won’t.

Is it fair if a kid was born to shitty parents that don’t take their education seriously? No.

But that’s life.

I’m sure you’d change your tune when the first lgbtq school opened.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
What I said was simple so I’m not sure why it is so confusing. If a school receives public funding they must abide by doctrine of separation of church and state. I would think this would be obvious. If a Muslim parent wants their child to learn Catholicism they can pay for it. Or, the Catholic school can give them a scholarship and not mooch off the government.
So **** the kid then. They can stay in their shitty school, even if the parents are okay with the Catholic school. It’s not mooching off the government. It’s giving parents greater optionality as to how and where their money is spent. And if they choose a Catholic school, knowing it’s a Catholic school, that’s not unconstitutional in any way.

I guess Chicago’s school choice would be workable if you had congress amend the constitution. Otherwise it’s simply illegal by any interpretation.

So **** the kid then. They can stay in their shitty school, even if the parents are okay with the Catholic school. It’s not mooching off the government. It’s giving parents greater optionality as to how and where their money is spent. And if they choose a Catholic school, knowing it’s a Catholic school, that’s not unconstitutional in any way.

How is that. Have the government put more into public education. What’s the difference other than you wanting them to learn your religion.

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT