ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark Snubbed

How is that. Have the government put more into public education. What’s the difference other than you wanting them to learn your religion.
You’re a ball of contradiction. You just admitted that funding and quality teachers can only do so much with students who don’t have the proper support otherwise. It has nothing to do with religion. It could just as easily be a Catholic kid going to an Islamic or Jewish day school if the parents feel it is the right decision.

You’re a ball of contradiction. You just admitted that funding and quality teachers can only do so much with students who don’t have the proper support otherwise. It has nothing to do with religion. It could just as easily be a Catholic kid going to a Muslim or Jewish day school if the parents feel it is the right decision.

Lol, are you slow? Nevermind I already know you’re what they call low rent. Listen closely, of course more resources will benefit results. HOWEVER, with the same resources, kis with less stable home lives will do more poorly overall. Get it low rent?

Lol, are you slow? Nevermind I already know you’re what they call low rent. Listen closely, of course more resources will benefit results. HOWEVER, with the same resources, kis with less stable home lives will do more poorly overall. Get it low rent?
Your theory is what is responsible for bloated public school budgets nation wide, the highest cost per pupil of any country in the world, and test scores that trail most western nations.

You just want to continue throwing good money after bad. At least you learned something in the public sector.

Your theory is what is responsible for bloated public school budgets nation wide, the highest cost per pupil of any country in the world, and test scores that trail most western nations.

You just want to continue throwing good money after bad. At least you learned something in the public sector.

Out of curiosity, on special occasions do you and your family often end up at the Olive Garden?

She played a full NCAA season, playing a ton of minutes, now a full WNBA season also a ton of minutes. She couldn't attend the trials. Almost everyone on the team are people who have been on it for years.

Boston also did not make it, she was NCAA player of the year in 22, and WNBA Rookie of the year in 23, and attended camp.

Frankly it will be nice to watch the Olympics without breaking coverage of how Clark had her eggs cooked. I don't know the last athlete this over exposed, maybe Ali? Even Bo Jackson wasn't covered near as much as Clark.

This thread used Clark not being chosen for the Olympic team to make a statement about DEI.

An update about Clark and her Fever teammates illustrates what a star Clark has become. Clark has become a star by not being The Star.

Clark's stardom involves her being a teammate who has focused on helping the rest of the team.

Because of the team's poor performance since 2016 the Fever had some high draft choices. Now with Clark and her willingness to be the point guard those high draft choices since 2016 have blossomed.

So in the final analysis the Olympic team without Clark won as expected. The real story about Clark is her unselfish focus in helping her team go from a bottom sucker to a potential playoff group.

Communist Manifesto READ!

DANC, in reading your post a thought occurred to me.

Wonder how many current citizens of China amd Russia have read The Communist Manifesto.

Most U.S. colleges have a course which at least mentions The Communist Manifesto. Wonder if this is true in China or Russia.

An update about Clark and her Fever teammates illustrates what a star Clark has become. Clark has become a star by not being The Star.

Clark's stardom involves her being a teammate who has focused on helping the rest of the team.

Because of the team's poor performance since 2016 the Fever had some high draft choices. Now with Clark and her willingness to be the point guard those high draft choices since 2016 have blossomed.

So in the final analysis the Olympic team without Clark won as expected. The real story about Clark is her unselfish focus in helping her team go from a bottom sucker to a potential playoff group.
I am glad she is bringing the ball up the court, she has great court vision/passing. At the start of season they had her in the corner and then fighting thru picks trying to get a shot, she was getting beaten up that way.
Don't know that much about WNBA, but the Fever are still far from being a top 4 team, imo.
Clark's shot will get back to where it was too.

Reactions: Willdog7
I am glad she is bringing the ball up the court, she has great court vision/passing. At the start of season they had her in the corner and then fighting thru picks trying to get a shot, she was getting beaten up that way.
Don't know that much about WNBA, but the Fever are still far from being a top 4 team, imo.
Clark's shot will get back to where it was too.

Clark is far from doing it alone and has some good teammates.

Five Fever players have a higher field goal percentage than Clark. Two have a higher 3pt percentage.

Yep, being in the top four in only one or two years is difficult, but not entirely unachieveable in my opinion.

Only time will tell. In the meantime call me optimistic.

DANC, in reading your post a thought occurred to me.

Wonder how many current citizens of China amd Russia have read The Communist Manifesto.

Most U.S. colleges have a course which at least mentions The Communist Manifesto. Wonder if this is true in China or Russia.
Probably as much as we teach the Constitution.

My guess is Russia and China give allegiance to Putin and Xi Jumping with Karl Marx and his manifesto being long forgotten.
Well, they don''t teach it anymore in Russia, but they used to.

China is Mao's version of Communism.

But China and the old Soviet Union are/were based on Marx philosophy.

Well, they don''t teach it anymore in Russia, but they used to.

China is Mao's version of Communism.

But China and the old Soviet Union are/were based on Marx philosophy.

Bottom line, Marxism is history.

The cost too train every federal employee every 4/8 years would be astronomical.
It’s a dumb idea from a person that know nothing about how government organizations work and believes all government workers are lazy liberals out to get conservatives. It’s as dumb as saying every worker in every civilian company should be rotated out on a regular basis. Who the hell worth a shit would take a job he/she knows he/she will lose in a few years?

• Sad
And if their job functions are duplicative or easily automated? If an administration decides to narrow the scope and focus of a particular agency? Or if the executive branch just wants to roll back spending across the board?

Existing protections still would apply to them.

Most of these Departments have the budgets of Fortune 100 companies. The fact that you can essentially only fire someone if they get caught stealing or drinking on the job is unfathomable. It also creates a culture of indifference and mediocrity.
It’s a myth that government workers can’t be fired for poor performance. I did it in two of my Navy shore duty assignments.

I know plenty. I am after all here in Chicago, where the cost per pupil in CPS is identical to that of my ritzy Suburban High School. And every contract negotiation the teachers union bilks the taxpayer for more money while test scores continue their downward trajectory.

No I don’t demean their chosen profession to their face. Are they overwhelmingly unspectacular people? I would say so.

If there was a linear correlation between greater government funding and better government performance, that would be a separate discussion. But there ain’t.
You know nothing about people working in government yet characterize them as “overwhelmingly unspectacular.” Why?

In my experience working with DoD government civilians, there are many very capable hard working people who are motivated to serve their country.

Last edited:
Unless everyone can get out, I don't know what school choice accomplishes. The more of the top you pull off, the worse it is for those left behind.
Sounds like a good time to realize that everything GOV touches it effs up. Privatize ed! Once again, charter schools for example, are proving that our gov has eff'd us once again, for their own security.... and we just keep falling for it over and over and over.

You’re such a redneck. I’m guessing you hate public schools because you blame them for failing in life.
When do we get to ban P'sOS for using rednecks as a negative pejorative? Does it require "heels up Rednecks" before it counts?

When do we get to ban P'sOS for using rednecks as a negative pejorative? Does it require "heels up Rednecks" before it counts?
It’s okay Joe. No offense taken on my end.

I'm a white boy, but my neck is red
I put Miracle Whip on my Wonder Bread
My face is pale, nah, I've never been in jail
Me and Buffy spend every winter in Vail
How many bitches have I slapped? Zero
Uh, and Martha Stewart happens to be my hero

I probably was given some leeway for the lowlife post to which I was responding. That guy is the lowest of the low. Shocker I know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT