Oh I agree. But - it's just funnier when you can say "I told you so"...
This is an entertainment media and each person is like a different show.
so, C-$, is a poorly written and predictable romantic comedy mixed with Jersey Shore... some people want him to succeed and live happily ever after. Others want to watch the impending train wreck and laugh..
It's all in fun... This post was edited on 3/28 10:08 PM by Mr Charlie
1) You do not have a job in the area you are going to buy the house.
2) The only reason you received approval for a mortgage is because you were hooked up by a friend's dad.
3) I am assuming other banks turned you down because you don't have a job in the area and/or you can't afford the place on your current salary.
4) You offered to buy a house for more than it looks to appraise.
5) You are buying a house as joint tenants in the entirety with someone with which you have no legal relationship.
6) You are not currently engaged.
Are there any other facts I am missing?
1. Correct, but that will be changing within the month. My GF, who is also on the loan, does work in the area.
3. I could have received a loan on my salary alone. Her name on the house was my decision.
4. We'll see. It's not uncommon for that to happen. I've talked to many people who have come across the same situation. Hence my earlier post today.
WTF is your point???
Why do you want her name on the house if you don't have to?
Mr Charlie's reply:
Why buy $100 of flowers? Why wear a Michigan shirt...
you can go on for ever .. wondering why...
Well prostituion exists in many forms...
but I can kind of understand the flowers or wearing a t-shirt... the house seems excessive. This post was edited on 3/29 3:31 PM by Mystery Donor
Homercles' and 78Corvette's opinions on the subject matter
You point out that you're going to do something stupid. And not just garden-variety stupid, but stupid on legal, financial and potentially emotional levels. Potentially explosively epic stupid. So a group of concerned individuals that you turned to in the first place point out the many flaws in your grand design, and now they're the assholes?
Hmmm. I guess I'm now having trouble wrapping my brain around how you do anything but thank us for trying to save you from a potentially explosively epic stupid situation. It may all work out, but if it doesn't, this will be 100 times worse than marriage #1.
For my part, despite the fact that I've taken the obligatory digs at you, I honestly think you're taking a completely unnecessary risk, and I just want you to have good advice. And if she is really the one, she'll be fine with you buying the house solo and adding her after you're hitched. But maybe the drama is what it's all about in the first place?
You remind me of my 6 year-old...
When he's mad at his friends or doesn't get his way, he replies with "You're not my friend any more."
Why would you hang out at a place where you don't like 95% of the people? It either means you have no other options, or you really are the pathetic attention whore you seem to be in your RCab-style posts.
You got good advice yesterday, in the true OTF style. It's not this board's fault that you were an idiot when contriving this potential nightmarish scenario.
For the record, I'm not chewing my nails knowing where I fit on your personal "cool list." Never has it felt so good to be average. This post was edited on 3/29 3:33 PM by Mystery Donor