ADVERTISEMENT

Butler's lone 2022 signee reopens recruitment

wi_hoosier

Junior
Nov 3, 2008
Connor Turnbull, 6'10" from Fort Zumwalt North in O'Fallon, MO averaged 23.5 points and 12.7 rebounds a game this season. He shot .602 from the field, .385 on 3-pointers (30-of-78) and .811 on free throws. ESPN rated Turnbull a four-star prospect just outside the Top 100.

Reactions: 76-1
I chuckle at myself for watching the Jeremiah April highlight film and noticing he dexterity by him scooping up ball up and dribbling to the basket for a slam. “He’s going to surprise people!” I thought to myself. Yeah…no.

What 2pt's a game..?
He's going from can't get on the floor at all ..
I'm amazed at some on here realizing who can ball...And who can't.
He isn't in the portal. He must have received some positive feedback from the staff or he is okay with a Priller-like career. I don't expect much from him in year 2.

Did you see the AAU game of Logan vs Caleb Furst? LD 29pts 12rebs CF 8pts 8 rebs
LD overpowered and was quicker than CF
Absolutely, he was a much superior talent to CF. I hope LD develops because he looked great in that game. But CF doesn't seem to me to look like much of a player at this point although he got more PT for PU and LD did.

He isn't in the portal. He must have received some positive feedback from the staff or he is okay with a Priller-like career. I don't expect much from him in year 2.
I think your first assumption is likely accurate. I hope, but agree, your second is wrong

You guys are going to be surprised by Logan this year. He is so much better than you’re giving him credit for. I predict he’ll get 6-10 minutes a game, especially against zones; he’ll be that center at the top of the key with an effective turn around jumper. And yes, he’s a lot better than Furst.

Didn't Logan battle some injuries this year? I know he didn't play during their Bahamas trip due to injury. Then there were several games he didn't dress and I thought the TV announcers said he wasn't available due to injury.

I think your first assumption is likely accurate. I hope, but agree, your second is wrong
We saw him play in a non conference game at SSAH. I believe he had 4 points in mop up time. He didn't look bad.

I remember my dad yelling at the TV in Ewe Blab's early years. He sucked. Couldn't catch the ball and was awkward on the floor. Blab got better. He got better because he play.ed For whatever reasons, Logan didn't get real game experience. I am not going to expect much because we don't know the reason he wasn't ready to play or if this year will be different..

Dumcomb should have redshirted. I don't know why he didn't since he couldn't even get in the Northwestern game with half the team suspended. That said, he's a big man who needs time to develop and I'm glad he's coming back. I'll take him over Turnbull any day.

Dumcomb should have redshirted. I don't know why he didn't since he couldn't even get in the Northwestern game with half the team suspended. That said, he's a big man who needs time to develop and I'm glad he's coming back. I'll take him over Turnbull any day.

I think LD is easy pickings for people who have subtle and predetermined opinions.
I don't follow recruiting much at all and had no preconceived notions about him.

What kind of player, who is on scholarship, never gets in a game even when a team is missing 5 players?

Did you see the AAU game of Logan vs Caleb Furst? LD 29pts 12rebs CF 8pts 8 rebs
Comparing players based on what they do in an AAU game is as valid as comparing them based on a slam-dunk contest or a game of h-o-r-s-e. There is limited value in AAU basketball, but not for getting a sense of who is going to be the best player in college. For a multitude of reasons (much more than I am willing to get into here) AAU bears little resemblance to an actual college or competitive high school game.

would people just stop with this? I have no idea what happened in that game, but it obviously was a fluke. Has anyone ever considered that Furst was sick? Covid? Injured? Hungover? Whatever it was, it was a fluke and one game. Furst was pretty good I thought for PU this year and LD was a DNP most of the year.

Even watching LD's highlights from HS I thought he was playing against really small kids and had a big adjustment coming, which is why that Caleb Furst outing had me excited. I think he's going to be fine, but the issue is resolved who was better as a freshman and to start college.

LD will be a solid player for IU. He was a 17 year old freshman. Some of you posters are knuckleheads that give up on a freshman. Brian Evans would have been cut had you been in charge.

would people just stop with this? I have no idea what happened in that game, but it obviously was a fluke. Has anyone ever considered that Furst was sick? Covid? Injured? Hungover? Whatever it was, it was a fluke and one game. Furst was pretty good I thought for PU this year and LD was a DNP most of the year.

Even watching LD's highlights from HS I thought he was playing against really small kids and had a big adjustment coming, which is why that Caleb Furst outing had me excited. I think he's going to be fine, but the issue is resolved who was better as a freshman and to start college.

Speak of being hungover, you should "just stop with this" response before you had begun. You truly don't know what you are talking about.

The game against Furst was not a fluke, to even suggest such nonsense without watching the game is beyond ignorant. To further your nonsensical argument in saying Furst saw time this year and LD didn't strains rational gymnastics.

They were both rated at 66 and 67 in the top 100, going into different situations, behind different players. Before it is done you are going to be glad we got LD over Furst.

Speak of being hungover, you should "just stop with this" response before you had begun. You truly don't know what you are talking about.

The game against Furst was not a fluke, to even suggest such nonsense without watching the game is beyond ignorant. To further your nonsensical argument in saying Furst saw time this year and LD didn't strains rational gymnastics.

They were both rated at 66 and 67 in the top 100, going into different situations, behind different players. Before it is done you are going to be glad we got LD over Furst.

Why so hostile? To say that Faust getting lots of pt on a much better team is not relevant is idiotic. I liked LD coming into the year, but goodness, he couldn't even displace an extremely mediocre Durr, even though Durr tailed off toward year's end. And him not playing at NW is bizarre. Remember, Furst was generally thought to be the better prospect until late in the process; was it that one game that elevated LD's rating?

You have the burden of proof here. Maybe LD was hurt part of the time. Maybe he was homesick, Maybe he was scared. Maybe he has a crap attitude. Why was he twice suspended? You have to give us some reason why he didn't play more than 1 minute against NW, when his RS possibilities were already gone.

Reactions: kkott
LD will be a solid player for IU. He was a 17 year old freshman. Some of you posters are knuckleheads that give up on a freshman. Brian Evans would have been cut had you been in charge.

You're confusing doubting him with giving up on him. It's logical to doubt him at this point. His first year was strange.

Why so hostile? To say that Faust getting lots of pt on a much better team is not relevant is idiotic. I liked LD coming into the year, but goodness, he couldn't even displace an extremely mediocre Durr, even though Durr tailed off toward year's end. And him not playing at NW is bizarre. Remember, Furst was generally thought to be the better prospect until late in the process; was it that one game that elevated LD's rating?

You have the burden of proof here. Maybe LD was hurt part of the time. Maybe he was homesick, Maybe he was scared. Maybe he has a crap attitude. Why was he twice suspended? You have to give us some reason why he didn't play more than 1 minute against NW, when his RS possibilities were already gone.
Good point, and the hostility was apparent.

bottom line is that the slate is wiped clean after HS. We have seen too many cases of people talking about what a player can/should be doing in college when they never exhibit it in a college court.

HS tapes don’t mean squat once you arrive on a college campus.

LD very may well turn into a good college player. And, he may not.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT