ADVERTISEMENT

BUT WE DON'T HAVE ANY TALENT

Where are those idiots from this Board. You know who you are.
Not sure I recall people that down on us. Certainly questioning after a pretty bad start. We should get better through the year, but our talent level is certainly not where it should be. It is lower than it has been for some time too...

Reactions: IUgradman
There isn't a whole lot of offensive firepower on this team. Juwan freakin' Morgan is our leading scorer.

Fun watching them grind out wins though.

Where are those idiots from this Board. You know who you are.

Seriously? Yeah, there's a boatload of talent on this team. That's why they were 5-5 going into this game. They are exactly what their record says they are.

They are getting better as the season goes along as they get acclimated to Archie's system, but I would think that they are going to get blown out of some games. They are offensively-challenged. Very.

Tegray, the ball is in your court . . .:oops:
Right? How’d all that talent look last night? Our guard play is horrendous. I could see Archie trying some different lineups, but no matter what he did, our guards just sucked. We had a few flashes of smart play, but we will not win consistently with these guys. Morgan was playing pretty well in his minutes and I also though DD played well outside of his early defense. They just never got the ball inside to our actual good players. Can see Greens potential, but he still makes some really bad decisions with the ball.

Right? How’d all that talent look last night? Our guard play is horrendous. I could see Archie trying some different lineups, but no matter what he did, our guards just sucked. We had a few flashes of smart play, but we will not win consistently with these guys. Morgan was playing pretty well in his minutes and I also though DD played well outside of his early defense. They just never got the ball inside to our actual good players. Can see Greens potential, but he still makes some really bad decisions with the ball.

Wait, so we don't have talent or we do? I feel like people are riding the fence here and not taking a stance.....

Talent and mental toughness and leadership are three different things.
Hartman, Newkirk, and Johnson have how much experience and can't get their teammates ready to play. That's embarrassing. They weren't even ready to play. Their leadership is pitiful. Older players have to get on their teammates and hold them accountable. That loss was effort, focus and mental toughness not talent.

Davis was playing in slow motion. He lost all that weight and looks slower. He doesn't think the game very well.

Tegray, the ball is in your court . . .:oops:

I wouldn’t say IU doesn’t have any talent. I would say IU doesn’t have the level of talent they need in the right places. Of course these guys have some talent. They’re playing D1 basketball. Even low level D1 athletes can run rings around most “regular” folks. A lot of this team still has way too much Crean in them. Archie has been holding formal practices for two months. That’s not enough time to undo all the crap Crean taught some of these guys for 2-3 years. I’m not worried about what happens this season. I do expect to see a steady, noticeable improvement throughout the season next year. The younger guys will have had a full season under Archie and will be able to help the incoming freshmen more. They are all still learning a brand new system and their places in it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT