Rockfish1

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001
E.P.A. to Spend Nearly $25,000 on a Soundproof Booth for Pruitt
By LISA FRIEDMAN
SEPT. 26, 2017

getsmart_toomanychiefs_cone_of_silence.png

Reactions: RBB89
How is this the one guy who hasn't been fired yet?

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!

if I were a voter that bought that BS, I’d be super pissed right now. Lots of good folks were fooled into thinking he’d be different, somehow. Instead, he presided over the most corrupt administration/cabinet of at least the last 70 years or so. That’s not debatable- the incredible disdain for basic ethical considerations is staggering.

It doesn’t surprise me, however. After all, Trump was famous for stiffing “little guy” contracters that worked on his construction sites. And he refused to realease his taxes (the ONLY major presidential candidate since at least the 60’s not to do so). And he turned over his businesses to...his sons. That he’s in regular contact with, I might add. And, he’s made a career out of abusing lawsuits, and threatening people with bogus lawsuits. And he bullies the chit out of people (ask Amazon right now- if he were a private citizen doing what trump does, that person would lose their @ss in court in a lawsuit brought by amazon). And...

I could go on. And on. It’s not like the man has changed. He’s actually become more bold after he became president. And even more corrupt (I guess that’s possible).

In short, Ray Charles should’ve seen this result. It was blatantly obvious to anyone that remotely paid attention. The cabinet members (like Pruitt) are simply following their bosses lead.

I did see where two house pubs have called for him to resign- as more and more stuff comes out (and it will- any single one of these situations would’ve forced out ANY other cabinet member under ANY other administration), it’ll start to pull Trump down. And when he even thinks that is happening, he’ll cut the cord.

This guy is an even bigger POS than I suspected. Unbelievable what he’s doing. I’m actually a little embarrassed for him. He is the poster boy for “the swamp”.

And Betsy, don’t forget Betsy. Seems the higher the level of incompetence, the longer you last.

I suspect the ones left have their lips permanently affixed to Trump’s bloated @ss. That seems to be the only requirement now to serve in the cabinet.

Don’t forget about Rick Perry. Even in TX, he’s largely viewed as a joke. And the man who likes to throw his wife under the bus- Ben Carson. His hearing recently was insane.

Side note- go to the bad lip reading channel on YouTube. The political stuff is absolutely fantastic. And two of my favorites involve Rick PERRY (campaign spot) and Ben Carson (@ a debate). Save a pretzel for the gas jets!!!! -Rick PERRY, on bad lip reading.

The ones that gave honest push back when Trump goes off the rails are all gone now- with the exception of Mattis. And, I’d bet his shelf life will be up soon. Trump is incapable of seeing himself as being wrong- and folks like Tillerson (even though he was a chitty SOS) and Cohn at least stood up to him.

I fear how much damage he’s going to do as Mueller closes in and he continues to rely more and more on himself for literally EVERYTHING involving policy decisions/presidential activities.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
And Betsy, don’t forget Betsy. Seems the higher the level of incompetence, the longer you last.

I know what you mean.

Restoring a modicum of due process for college males, including black and brown males, accused of some sex issue that may or may not be a crime, is a terrible idea. And restoring some accountability and discipline for minority young men in K-12 will surely inhibit their ability to get good jobs and take advantage of opportunities.

Shame on Betsy.

I know what you mean.

Restoring a modicum of due process for college males, including black and brown males, accused of some sex issue that may or may not be a crime, is a terrible idea. And restoring some accountability and discipline for minority young men in K-12 will surely inhibit their ability to get good jobs and take advantage of opportunities.

Shame on Betsy.

Geez...you and Crazy need to hash this education stuff out. He says that accountability and discipline for young men is education discriminating against boys being boys. And...say...how will the SOE restore accountability and discipline for young men in K-12. I thought education was a local issue. Hmmmm...

I know what you mean.

Shame on Betsy.
So you’re the one person that likes DeVos? She has zero background in education. None. 0. Listening to her try to answer a simple question about what she is doing is beyond painful.

Reactions: HoosierPeach
I know what you mean.

Shame on Betsy.

You’re not this dense CO. She had no clue about much of anything at her confirmation hearings. Stuff that folks several steps down the ladder could talk about all day. Clearly unqualified for the position.

I won’t say she bought the position. However, absent “smoking gun” evidence, there’s a strong linkage between her getting the position and all the money her family has given to pub causes. Her resume doesn’t support her current role. Again, Her biggest qualification was that she and her family have loads of money to pubs over the years.

And, if she’s going to push charter schools and privatization, she needs to answer why those types of schools in Michigan often underperform. I know she’s been questioned about it- because she is the one behind the opening of all those types of schools in Michigan.

She’s had two decades to push her agenda- and according to a host of media outlets, she’s not even close to showing that “her way” works better. In many cases, it appears that her way is worse than what preceded it.

In other words, she shouldn’t advocate for doing things like they’ve been done in Michigan. Again, the model used that she helped design didn’t work out all that well. Why export broken standards/models?

To provide some insight into my assertions above, here’s a few links:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-what-she-might-do-as-secretary-of-education/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/416111002

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/betsy-devos-michigan-school-experiment-232399

PS- my son and daughter both go a charter school system in San Antonio. In TX. These schools are funded in a way that essentially makes them the same as public schools, at least from a parent’s perspective. FWIW, the schools are difficult, but prepare my kids better than the public schools do in my area.

So, don’t mistake my objection to DeVos as secretary of education isn’t grounded in an objection to charter schools. Clearly, there are successful ones. That’s not what this is about.

So you’re the one person that likes DeVos? She has zero background in education. None. 0. Listening to her try to answer a simple question about what she is doing is beyond painful.
You’re not this dense CO. She had no clue about much of anything at her confirmation hearings. Stuff that folks several steps down the ladder could talk about all day. Clearly unqualified for the position.

I won’t say she bought the position. However, absent “smoking gun” evidence, there’s a strong linkage between her getting the position and all the money her family has given to pub causes. Her resume doesn’t support her current role. Again, Her biggest qualification was that she and her family have loads of money to pubs over the years.

And, if she’s going to push charter schools and privatization, she needs to answer why those types of schools in Michigan often underperform. I know she’s been questioned about it- because she is the one behind the opening of all those types of schools in Michigan.

She’s had two decades to push her agenda- and according to a host of media outlets, she’s not even close to showing that “her way” works better. In many cases, it appears that her way is worse than what preceded it.

In other words, she shouldn’t advocate for doing things like they’ve been done in Michigan. Again, the model used that she helped design didn’t work out all that well. Why export broken standards/models?

To provide some insight into my assertions above, here’s a few links:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-what-she-might-do-as-secretary-of-education/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/416111002

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/betsy-devos-michigan-school-experiment-232399

PS- my son and daughter both go a charter school system in San Antonio. In TX. These schools are funded in a way that essentially makes them the same as public schools, at least from a parent’s perspective. FWIW, the schools are difficult, but prepare my kids better than the public schools do in my area.

So, don’t mistake my objection to DeVos as secretary of education isn’t grounded in an objection to charter schools. Clearly, there are successful ones. That’s not what this is about.

I really don't know much of anything about her credentials. I do know about the two actions she took that I mentioned and I heartily support.

I think the gist of your posts rests on a notion that the DOE is far more important and influential than it is. Education is probably the one governmental function that is more rooted in state and local governments than any other function. While the title of her department contains the word "education" we need to understand that her department does not deliver any educational services, does not operate any school, does not operate any trade school, does not operate any college or university, and has no supervisory authority over any individual who does those things.

The DOE is charged only with administering federal law and to distribute federal funds and to gather achievement statistics--that's it. I think the most important function is to administer I.D.E.A. which is an important and nationally non-controversial function. I don't think any cabinet department has so little to do in its assigned area of responsibility. I can't think of another cabinet officer who has so little impact. Frankly, I don't think we need the DOE.

And then there is the whole idea of effectiveness. Educational achievement in this country has not improved cuz of anything the DOE has done. While there are isolated examples of educational improvement in some areas, all of that is the result of creativity at the state and local level or through efforts by organizations like the Gates Foundation.

I know what you mean.

Shame on Betsy.
It would be nice to have someone in charge of education that knows a damn thing about it. Ask Michigan about her attempts. I’m a little confused as to why you think what she is doing has anything to do with minorities. Yes, it’s really thrilling that it’s even more difficult for college women to get protection for sexual assault.

It would be nice to have someone in charge of education that knows a damn thing about it. Ask Michigan about her attempts.
Then there's the fact that DoE handles zillions of dollars (directly or indirectly) of student loans, and she has absolutely no expertise in finance.

Then there's the fact that DoE handles zillions of dollars (directly or indirectly) of student loans, and she has absolutely no expertise in finance.

LOL. That's probably the dumbest comment of the week.

There are probably thousands, or maybe millions, of functions Uncle Sam is involved with, from logging a national forest, to changing light bulbs in the Capitol rotunda, to tracking wildlife, to administering regs for nuclear power plants that the respective cabinet officers or agency heads have no clue about. So what? That's why we have GS 15's and 16's--not to mention the billions we spend on government consultants and contractors.

Probably sooner.

I certainly hope you are correct. Pruitt is kind of the tip of the GOP spear right now. He is corrupt and his corruption is public. Yet, he is destroying the EPA from the inside and pushing the interests of energy groups. He is doing exactly what Republicans want him to do. As we’ve seen with Trump, GOP principles are very flexible if the monies class ultimately gets what it wants.

Only in a Trump administration that you would get an individual who lacked candour and maybe replaced another who is corrupt.

Another fml moment by Trumpski.

If true, he now lacks candour and is corrupt. Maybe Trump goes by the 'Three strikes' rule? Does Pruitt beat his wife?

edit. He lied on Fox -- that counts as a double strike.

Last edited:
What a f-ing joke. I can’t believe this is real life and not some terrible reality TV show.

I have a feeling we just know a very small amount of what’s going on- in the past and currently. Both with Trump and his cronies, like Pruitt. The fish rots from the head.

This is going to get even uglier (and swampier) I’m afraid. There is going to be one helluva series of movies/tv shows made on this presidency- there is so much material already.

And this is all because folks thought that Clinton was somehow a worse choice than Trump! Again, Whataboutism won. False equivalencies worked this time.

The level of corruption, incompetency and arrogance of this administration is staggering. Say what you will about Clinton (I’ve never been a fan), but there’s no way in hades that her administration would’ve had this much filth in it. And I’m only bringing her up, because she was the ONLY other plausible choice besides Trump. Not voting for her was essentially a vote for Trump.

Remember, we’re a little over a year into his four year term. He’s damn near turned over his entire senior staff during this time- and apparently wants to turn over even more folks. And, policy is apparently whatever mood he wakes up in, and what he hears and misunderstands on fox and friends. It’s beyond bad. It’s embarrasing and frightening at this point.

The kicker about the Pruitt situation? Even AFTER all this info about Pruitt comes out, Trump allegedly told people close to him that he was considering replacing Jeff Sessions with... Scott Pruitt. Once again, it’s clearly about Trump’s personal interests over the country’s well being.

For the pubs on this board- what’s it going to take to admit you f’d up voting for this guy? Not just f’d up. But f’d up in the most epic manner possible. It’s not as if the signs weren’t there about Trump.

Every day more of this stuff comes out (and Trump tolerates it- because he has zero moral compass), is another day that the republican brand is tarnished by Trump and Trumpism.

I’ll say it again, I won’t hold it against you if you admit you were wrong.

But your window is closing-fast. If you aren’t bothered by what’s going on right now, I’m not sure what will bother you. It’s almost as if Trump could murder someone on 4th avenue, and you’d still support him. I reserve the right to point the finger at you for the damage Trump is causing- not only to the office of the presidency, but the entire country. For over 200 years, we’ve had stuff similar to what’s being exposed now. The difference between then and now is that any single incident involving Trump, Pruitt, Carson (take your pick- and there will be more) would’ve taken these folks down. Now, it’s just another story before the NEXT crazy thing happens. We are completely overwhelmed with the news- and fatigue has set in.

I don’t know if I’m more disgusted by Trump and his cronies, or disappointed by Republicans not putting country above party. Probably the latter.

I fully expected the Trump presidency would be the chit show that it is. I did have more faith in republicans.

Remember, a full 4 in every 5 still support Trump. Of all this insane stuff coming out recently, this may be the most insane stat.

What a f-ing joke. I can’t believe this is real life and not some terrible reality TV show.

Whoever Steve Milloy is- F$&@ you.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/04/05/trump-and-us-need-scott-pruitt-to-stay-at-epa.html

This is exactly the tribalism that I have railed against. The height of irresponsibility. Essentially, the argument is that Pruitt can do whatever the hell he wants- because he is the most effective person at rolling back Obama-era EPA changes.

I can assure that there are plenty of qualified pubs that would love to take a sledgehammer to Obama’s EPA changes. Pruitt isn’t special in that regard.

This is when things get scary- when one side overlooks horrible/unethical/shady/dishonest behavior- simply because that person is ideologically in league with that side’s views.

And, I’ve noticed the republicans tend to take special delight in p!ssing off the “other side”. It’s ridiculously immature, and harmful. Basically, it’s better to score points against the “bad guys” than it is to maintain civility- and a government free from corruption.

It doesn’t have to be this way.

You’re better than this pub party- or are you? I’m really starting to wonder about where the party goes from here.

Reactions: sglowrider
Whoever Steve Milloy is- F$&@ you.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/04/05/trump-and-us-need-scott-pruitt-to-stay-at-epa.html

This is exactly the tribalism that I have railed against. The height of irresponsibility. Essentially, the argument is that Pruitt can do whatever the hell he wants- because he is the most effective person at rolling back Obama-era EPA changes.

I can assure that there are plenty of qualified pubs that would love to take a sledgehammer to Obama’s EPA changes. Pruitt isn’t special in that regard.

This is when things get scary- when one side overlooks horrible/unethical/shady/dishonest behavior- simply because that person is ideologically in league with that side’s views.

And, I’ve noticed the republicans tend to take special delight in p!ssing off the “other side”. It’s ridiculously immature, and harmful. Basically, it’s better to score points against the “bad guys” than it is to maintain civility- and a government free from corruption.

It doesn’t have to be this way.

You’re better than this pub party- or are you? I’m really starting to wonder about where the party goes from here.
But look how great he has the economy going, Help wanted signs everywhere. The tax break, and many more! The left had their turn, now it’s ours.

I guess Pruitt thought wink! wink! I am getting free lodging from a lobbyist. Makes sense if you are corrupt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT