ADVERTISEMENT

Bucky beating Marquette

wawasee

All-Big Ten
Oct 16, 2001
Looks like Marquette might be over rated. Bucky only called for two fouls in the second half!

Let me tell you something about Bucky….they play great fundamental basketball. I look at their players and ours and all of the talent we supposedly have it blows my mind how much better they are than us year and year out. It’s infuriating - I give them all the credit in the world.

Let me tell you something about Bucky….they play great fundamental basketball. I look at their players and ours and all of the talent we supposedly have it blows my mind how much better they are than us year and year out. It’s infuriating - I give them all the credit in the world.
Were they better last year? I forget. Who made the tourney and who ended up in the NIT?

Reactions: Imsowyctcwuzbetta
Were they better last year? I forget. Who made the tourney and who ended up in the NIT?
I seriously can’t believe you posted that - but I fully expected someone would say that …… it was one year. I won’t recap the last 20 plus us vs them. And regardless - it doesn’t change the fact that they typically have some of the best fundamentally sound players.

Marquette couldn’t guard a chair. Bucky ran whatever they wanted just like Purdue did. If they don’t shoot well they are in trouble. Tennessee has the same problem. If they can’t score then they struggle. Defense is still important.

Marquette couldn’t guard a chair. Bucky ran whatever they wanted just like Purdue did. If they don’t shoot well they are in trouble. Tennessee has the same problem. If they can’t score then they struggle. Defense is still important.
Marquette definitely overrated. #3 ranking is/was quite ridiculous.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT