ADVERTISEMENT

BTT Women

Ranked 5th and 7th in the nation, both teams return the majority of their starters and have top 3 recruiting classes coming in next year, not sure why you think I am over-rating them.
They haven't been on the road in the Big Ten yet.

and how much do you factor MH not playing and her backup being limited? Good God, I can't believe how some of you just lump this in as part of a trend. Should they have held a lead like that: yes. But is it understandable how a totally patched together roster without their best player, might not respond at their highest level? Also yes.
Parrish was also playing with a sprained ankle.....that does not help matters.

Reactions: kkott
Wow, great women's BTT final. Clark is the best watch in college basketball for many years and they have a really nice offense: it's not just her. And, right up til the end, NB was right there with them. IA made the plays at the end. One of the better games I've watched this year.
Clark was relying on the 3 too much in the first half. Once she started driving to the basket it opened up the driving lanes and she also got into rythum shooting 3s.....

Then you missed the posts where I have given Moren credit for what she has built, I just think she has hit her ceiling. I even have stated I really had hoped IU could get to the FF this year, because I would like to see her get there at least once in her career, and after this, I don't see another opportunity any time soon.
Why aren't you on the Purdue forum?

I never sugar-coat my opinions just because I’m talking about the women. If I would say it about the men after a loss I will say it about the ladies. There are certain posters here that always chafe at that, but I don’t understand why. Equality, right?
Has nothing to do with men or women. Just a silly take. They lost the heart and soul of the team.

Reactions: hickorytree1
Didn’t help last year against Miami in the NCAA tourney. I think Moren’s team has been very disappointing in tournament play. They need to have a good NCAA tourney to save face or they’re just a program that has a good regular season, but chokes in tournament play.
Did you miss the year before when we upset North Carolina State and made it to the Elite 8? NC State was top 5 then.

The women’s team is pretty good but definitely not elite and they were never going to be elite this year. When they lose, it’s a double digit drubbing. There’s enough really high level teams in the tournament that will take them out with ease this year. That’s not anything negative, they just aren’t a team that has enough roster strength to beat the likes of a South Carolina, Stanford or OSU.
There’s at least 10 teams this year that would beat Morten’s team like a drum. Again, they are a good team. Nothing great.
OSU? They almost and SHOULD have beat OSU at home. They DID beat Iowa badly. Are they elite?

Good Lord! This forum has already ruined the enjoyment of following the men's team and now it's trying to do the same for the women's team.
You can tell how many don’t regularly follow the women.

Reactions: MIS01
Better than the SEC? I doubt it.
SEC had a down year. UTenn ended up 3rd and got rolled by nearly every good team they played OOC including IU and OSU at Tennesse or neutral. SEC is tough at the top two spots, but the PAC has 10 of its 12 teams in the top 60 NET rating and their worst team is 106. We are 73 and the bottom 3 of the BT are well over 120. Remember LSU started the season losing to Colorado who finished 5th in the PAC and Stanford curb stomped IU by 32.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I have no problem with you sharing your opinions on either team equally without sugar. We definitely are a different team without a healthy Holmes to make the other team focus a lot of defensive effort on her and freeing up our shooters more. Both BTT tournament collapses and the loss to Miami in last year's tourney were affected by Holmes not being at 100%. No excuses just part of what team and coach had to deal with.

The men's teams two worst injuries that may have cost better tourney runs were Scott May broken arm in 1975 and Alan Henderson knee in 1993. They happen and you have to figure out a way to overcome or lose.
I think you left out Woodson‘s back surgery (Isaiah Thomas’ 1st year?)

I think you left out Woodson‘s back surgery (Isaiah Thomas’ 1st year?)
Well, I actually remember that quite well. My senior year same as Woodson we won the Big Ten championship on March 2, 1980 beating Clark Kellogg and Ohio State. I was in the first row of the balcony and not feeling great. My 21st birthday was March 1, 1980. LOL

Unfortunately, that season ended against Purdue playing in Lexington of all places.

• Haha
SEC had a down year. UTenn ended up 3rd and got rolled by nearly every good team they played OOC including IU and OSU at Tennesse or neutral. SEC is tough at the top two spots, but the PAC has 10 of its 12 teams in the top 60 NET rating and their worst team is 106. We are 73 and the bottom 3 of the BT are well over 120. Remember LSU started the season losing to Colorado who finished 5th in the PAC and Stanford curb stomped IU by 32.
Thanks for letting us know about PU's ranking. Oh, we curb stomped your asses twice this year, and the year before........

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelRR
Well, I actually remember that quite well. My senior year same as Woodson we won the Big Ten championship on March 2, 1980 beating Clark Kellogg and Ohio State. I was in the first row of the balcony and not feeling great. My 21st birthday was March 1, 1980. LOL

Unfortunately, that season ended against Purdue playing in Lexington of all places.
Clark Kellogg, Herb Williams, Kelvin Ransey. Hell of a team

Reactions: Shuski and kkott
Seriously dude, why are you here? Don't you have a Floribama BBQ to attend to?

IU recruit Faith Wiseman was announced today as being among the five finalists for 2024 Indiana Miss Basketball award with the winner to be announced Friday. Coaches and media members vote for the top player. Here's the writeup that accompanied the announcement:

Wiseman’s recruitment took off following her sophomore season with the likes of Butler, Purdue and Iowa extending offers before she verbally committed to IU in the fall of 2022. The high-interest — and No. 56 national ranking from ESPN (four-star recruit) — were certainly well-earned by the 6-4 forward, who maintained her sharp upward trajectory into her senior season, averaging career-highs in points (18.2), rebounds (11.9), assists (4.8), steals (1.8) and blocks (3.9), while shooting a career-best 58% from the field.

IU recruit Faith Wiseman was announced today as being among the five finalists for 2024 Indiana Miss Basketball award with the winner to be announced Friday. Coaches and media members vote for the top player. Here's the writeup that accompanied the announcement:

Wiseman’s recruitment took off following her sophomore season with the likes of Butler, Purdue and Iowa extending offers before she verbally committed to IU in the fall of 2022. The high-interest — and No. 56 national ranking from ESPN (four-star recruit) — were certainly well-earned by the 6-4 forward, who maintained her sharp upward trajectory into her senior season, averaging career-highs in points (18.2), rebounds (11.9), assists (4.8), steals (1.8) and blocks (3.9), while shooting a career-best 58% from the field.
Thanks for sharing. Always an adjustment but she definitely should get some backup time to Lilly next year at the start of the year. I think she is good recruit to blend into the front-line rotation along with the other recruit Fenn who is 6'3". The two recruits committed for 2025 are both guards one a point from Missouri has not lost a game in her high school career.

Reactions: ptrich and kkott
A name to keep an eye on for a potential WBB post transfer would be Ajae Petty from UK. 6'3" Forward, 14pts, 10reb. First two years at LSU, then two years at UK, her first of which would have been with current IU assistant Amber Smith.

UK dismissed their head coach and has a recruit that is 6'5" from Louisville. I doubt we'd go after another freshman big, unless she's just really good, but having a one-year player like Petty might be nice.

Another name to keep an eye on, that if she plays another year in college, is Ivy League POY Abby Hsu, a 5'9" guard from Columbia that has a career average of 17pts. Just under 40% 3FG% her senior year. She'll be in high demand if she extends her career another year.

A name to keep an eye on for a potential WBB post transfer would be Ajae Petty from UK. 6'3" Forward, 14pts, 10reb. First two years at LSU, then two years at UK, her first of which would have been with current IU assistant Amber Smith.

UK dismissed their head coach and has a recruit that is 6'5" from Louisville. I doubt we'd go after another freshman big, unless she's just really good, but having a one-year player like Petty might be nice.

Another name to keep an eye on, that if she plays another year in college, is Ivy League POY Abby Hsu, a 5'9" guard from Columbia that has a career average of 17pts. Just under 40% 3FG% her senior year. She'll be in high demand if she extends her career another year.
Just for any that might not know, the Ivy's do not allow players a 5th year. USCal has 3 5th year seniors from Ivy League schools this season, and that was part of taking them to a top 5 team in the nation. Its given their great frosh class time to blend in and adjust to college ball and with the class they have next year coming in, they will reload and probably be better for it. Going to be a lot of options for that 5th year from UK, as nearly half the BT could use an experienced big for one year to help them season incoming freshmen posts.

Indiana just be good enough each yr to get a invite..
That works for a large portion of the fan base.
Same for Football..They win 6 or 7 games.
Bunch of happy campers..Terri at the moment. Is miles ahead of Woodson who's stealing $4.2 million yearly
Top 5 team for Indiana in anything except soccer..Isn't going to be the norm.

Reactions: MIS01
Indiana just be good enough each yr to get a invite..
That works for a large portion of the fan base.
Same for Football..They win 6 or 7 games.
Bunch of happy campers..Terri at the moment. Is miles ahead of Woodson who's stealing $4.2 million yearly
Top 5 team for Indiana in anything except soccer..Isn't going to be the norm.
You obviously don't follow all IU sports, as our swimming and diving squads are top five in the nation most years.

Reactions: kmathum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT