ADVERTISEMENT

BTT Women

Being co-freshman of the year in the Covid era doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to end up being any good. Someone has to win it. She has a high IQ and can make shots, but she’s very unathletic, slow.
Holmes has made it work for her. Stevenson has shown a lot that makes me think she'll do just fine in her further Big Ten career

NAIA coach with no D1 experience hired by an AD that only cares about football and men's basketball. She's recruiting way above expectations, but runs a very simple offense that severely limits how good we can be. A lot like Mike Woodson, but with very good/ excellent recruiting. 3 top 100 players in the freshman class, and three more signed or committed including a top 30 6'6 center that can kinda dunk as a hs sophomore.

Jury is out on if she can coach at this level or is over her head. Like MW her first two years were better than the previous decade, and this year is a poor result. Two more drains to see whether her coaching catches up TY her recruiting or she was a bad choice by a lazy AD.
Lazy??

Seeing the lead evaporating, I wish Holmes would have been put in when our lead was cut to single digits. Maybe the victory wasn't that important to Moren.
I thought the same thing- Holmes should have come in when the lead got down to 8 from 15 . I really don't think Teri M. wanted to take on Iowa without MacKenzie and Lily.

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
Same collapse as last year, once Morens teams get shook it's pretty much over. They don't seem to recover very well. Her teams remind me of the Purdue mens teams.

• Wow
Reactions: kkott
Lost a 17 point lead in the second half. Another choke job in the post season. Only hope is that this inspires them to actually do something in the NCAA tourney this year. We’ll see…
Good Lord! This forum has already ruined the enjoyment of following the men's team and now it's trying to do the same for the women's team.

• Angry
Reactions: RegionHoosiers
Wow. Women lost a 14-pt lead in the third. 3/4 of the game without Holmes to protect the rim & Michigan scored at will inside. Plus the refs allowed more mug

IU had the game under control without Holmes. They suddenly stopped hitting shots, stopped defending down low and Mi kept pouring it on. IU got back on their heels and never recovered.
If you look at the box score, we really did not score very well except for the 2nd period. They stopped the dribble drive & we started missing..

Your playing offense, out of position, against the top D in the B10. Game over..

But this is a few years in a row, injuries have reduced the expectations for the girls program. Traditionally. CTM plays a short bench & has a tendency of leaving starters in way to long. Again, we seem warn down at the end of the year.

We have had some critical injuries at a bad time & need our whole team (including our All American center) to compete in a conference tournament.

There are to many competitive girls teams in the B10. Losing probably saved us a little..

Good Lord! This forum has already ruined the enjoyment of following the men's team and now it's trying to do the same for the women's team.
Lemme get this straight. “This forum” has ruined the enjoyment of following the men’s team? Really? What an absolute crock of shit. Almost as ridiculous as claiming that our “toxic fandom” is what caused us to lose McNeeley last week. I can’t wait to see what excuse you folks come up with next so that our bettors/superiors (Woodson, Buckner, Dolson, etc.) can continue to avoid accountability. To say you’re beclowning yourself here would be an understatement.

Lemme get this straight. “This forum” has ruined the enjoyment of following the men’s team? Really? What an absolute crock of shit. Almost as ridiculous as claiming that our “toxic fandom” is what caused us to lose McNeeley last week. I can’t wait to see what excuse you folks come up with next so that our bettors/superiors (Woodson, Buckner, Dolson, etc.) can continue to avoid accountability. To say you’re beclowning yourself here would be an understatement.
Well, your choke job comment was BS. Most all of us agree Woody must go. The redundant comments get old, please get new material. Thx

Reactions: jrbjrb
If you look at the box score, we really did not score very well except for the 2nd period. They stopped the dribble drive & we started missing..

Your playing offense, out of position, against the top D in the B10. Game over..

But this is a few years in a row, injuries have reduced the expectations for the girls program. Traditionally. CTM plays a short bench & has a tendency of leaving starters in way to long. Again, we seem warn down at the end of the year.

We have had some critical injuries at a bad time & need our whole team (including our All American center) to compete in a conference tournament.

There are to many competitive girls teams in the B10. Losing probably saved us a little..
It was a brutally slow start for both teams for sure

Well, your choke job comment was BS. Most all of us agree Woody must go. The redundant comments get old, please get new material. Thx
When you lose a 17 point lead in the second half that’s a choke job. When it happens two years in a row that’s a pattern. Water is also wet and the sky is also blue. I realize it’s not particularly profound to point that out but it shouldn’t be controversial or upsetting to you either.

When you lose a 17 point lead in the second half that’s a choke job. When it happens two years in a row that’s a pattern. Water is also wet and the sky is also blue. I realize it’s not particularly profound to point that out but it shouldn’t be controversial or upsetting to you either.

simply put, all evidence...and I mean ALL...points to the fact that our men and women (to a lesser degree) underperform in the BTT.

Down double digits this year to Purdue, MSU and Penn State. All in the 2nd half. Won all three.
Even the Miami game last year. They got punched in the first half and clawed their way back. Tied the game on a late three. You know the rest.

I don't know what makes some people say the things they say.

Last edited:
Same collapse as last year, once Morens teams get shook it's pretty much over. They don't seem to recover very well. Her teams remind me of the Purdue mens teams.
FFS, she tried playing without her best player to preserve her for the tournament. This "collapse" was a calculated gamble to try and prevent a bigger one in the tournament. Makes sense to me, but don't BBQ Moren because of it, unless MH is healthy and they don't make the S16 anyway.

Maybe I need to rewatch, was Purdue playing without Edey vs FDU last year? Maybe we should cut them some slack...

Reactions: zeke4ahs and jrbjrb
and how much do you factor MH not playing and her backup being limited? Good God, I can't believe how some of you just lump this in as part of a trend. Should they have held a lead like that: yes. But is it understandable how a totally patched together roster without their best player, might not respond at their highest level? Also yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrbjrb
The only pattern I see is that Holmes gets hurt near season's end. We are much easier to defend with her out.

and how much do you factor MH not playing and her backup being limited? Good God, I can't believe how some of you just lump this in as part of a trend. Should they have held a lead like that: yes. But is it understandable how a totally patched together roster might not respond at their highest level? Also yes.
But our fan base isn’t toxic

Ummm, respectively I'd submit this forum did not ruin the enjoyment of watching the men's team. They took care of that themselves, for me at least. Seems a simple solution then: stop getting on this board!

Wow, great women's BTT final. Clark is the best watch in college basketball for many years and they have a really nice offense: it's not just her. And, right up til the end, NB was right there with them. IA made the plays at the end. One of the better games I've watched this year.

Wow, great women's BTT final. Clark is the best watch in college basketball for many years and they have a really nice offense: it's not just her. And, right up til the end, NB was right there with them. IA made the plays at the end. One of the better games I've watched this year.
NE brings back all but Jaz Shelley, they will be tough for years to come with the recruiting they have going at the moment. Iowa loses three players, so they are likely taking a big step back next year, but they have a couple of nice freshmen coming in as well next year.

Being co-freshman of the year in the Covid era doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to end up being any good. Someone has to win it. She has a high IQ and can make shots, but she’s very unathletic, slow.

I think Stevenson will be contending for All Big Ten as an upper classman. No, Purdue isn't building a conference championship team YET. Crawl, walk, run. Better recruiting hopefully leads to better results, which leads to even better recruiting and you build it up over 4-6 years. IU isn't building a Big Ten championship team at this point either because Moren's recruiting is not keeping pace with the results she has gotten relying on the three great transfers she has has the last 4 years. USC and UCLA will run the conference the next 3-4 years at least with the talent they have now and what they have coming next year and further down the road. Maryland still recruits great, OSU recruits great, and Iowa will have a tremendous offense and questionable D. What happens in Michigan with both their teams, with Nebraska, and with UMinn will be some of the fun stories the next couple of years IMO

I think Stevenson will be contending for All Big Ten as an upper classman. No, Purdue isn't building a conference championship team YET. Crawl, walk, run. Better recruiting hopefully leads to better results, which leads to even better recruiting and you build it up over 4-6 years. IU isn't building a Big Ten championship team at this point either because Moren's recruiting is not keeping pace with the results she has gotten relying on the three great transfers she has has the last 4 years. USC and UCLA will run the conference the next 3-4 years at least with the talent they have now and what they have coming next year and further down the road. Maryland still recruits great, OSU recruits great, and Iowa will have a tremendous offense and questionable D. What happens in Michigan with both their teams, with Nebraska, and with UMinn will be some of the fun stories the next couple of years IMO
You keep saying the same shit over and over. Purdue has outrecruited indiana for 2-3 years and still owns a 10 or 11 game losing streak. No one on that team is close to being a difference maker. The Reynolds girl that played this year is so overweight and unathletic that I’m not sure she’ll ever live up to the hype.

Teri won the conference without top level recruits already. And recruiting the portal is part of her job.

NE brings back all but Jaz Shelley, they will be tough for years to come with the recruiting they have going at the moment. Iowa loses three players, so they are likely taking a big step back next year, but they have a couple of nice freshmen coming in as well next year.
Iowa loses 4 starters

• Wow
Reactions: MichaelRR
You keep saying the same shit over and over. Purdue has outrecruited indiana for 2-3 years and still owns a 10 or 11 game losing streak. No one on that team is close to being a difference maker. The Reynolds girl that played this year is so overweight and unathletic that I’m not sure she’ll ever live up to the hype.

Teri won the conference without top level recruits already. And recruiting the portal is part of her job.
Wiseman will be a nice player for IU in a couple of years. What I see is the conference is getting better and IU is basically treading water. Just two bigs coming in next year and still likely no bench depth even if IU lands a perimeter player starter in the portal. I do not believe Purdue has outrecruited IU until this season, please support that ascertion. We have 1 junior, and no high school recruited sophomores on this years team so not sure where you are getting that claim. Mila Reynolds was not recruited for her playing ability primarily, but for her two top 60 ranked sisters, one who redshirted this year recovering from a knee injury (Amiyah 5'10" pg), and the other committed and will be here in two years (Kira6'2" F). Anything we get from Mila herself is gravy. Other then that I totally agree with your assessment of her, and this was her second year in the Big Ten so its not like she didn't know that she was not in game shape after last year. Do enjoy your take though on WBB.

Forgot Molly Davis is out, so that is the 4th loss, thank you. I was counting seniors from today's box score, and only got three but was busy watching LSU, USC and did not pay attention to who played and relied too much on my old failing memory. LOL
and of course your main purpose here seems to be to crap on our women's team and coach, so mistakes regarding other teams are understandable.

Reactions: Vern Pain
and of course your main purpose here seems to be to crap on our women's team and coach, so mistakes regarding other teams are understandable.
LOL, I say critical opinion, you say crap on because I don't see the future as rosy going forward as the last 4 years for IU have been. I expect you will be above my boilers in the standings for at least one, and perhaps two more years just not contending at the top of the conference.

LOL, I say critical opinion, you say crap on because I don't see the future as rosy going forward as the last 4 years for IU have been. I expect you will be above my boilers in the standings for at least one, and perhaps two more years just not contending at the top of the conference.
I say crap on because I never hear you give Moren or the program credit. We've made a terrific rise to the top of the conference and had some excellent players, both recruits and transfers. I agree, it's going to be hard for anyone to contend with USC and UCLA next year, but I think IU will be an attractive destination again for transfers, and with what we have coming back, recruits and an impact transfer or two, we can be at the top of the conference of the non CA teams. The next time I see you give Moren some credit will be the first time.

Reactions: MIS01
I say crap on because I never hear you give Moren or the program credit. We've made a terrific rise to the top of the conference and had some excellent players, both recruits and transfers. I agree, it's going to be hard for anyone to contend with USC and UCLA next year, but I think IU will be an attractive destination again for transfers, and with what we have coming back, recruits and an impact transfer or two, we can be at the top of the conference of the non CA teams. The next time I see you give Moren some credit will be the first time.
I think you're both giving the California schools too much credit.

Then you missed the posts where I have given Moren credit for what she has built, I just think she has hit her ceiling. I even have stated I really had hoped IU could get to the FF this year, because I would like to see her get there at least once in her career, and after this, I don't see another opportunity any time soon.

I think you're both giving the California schools too much credit.
Ranked 5th and 7th in the nation, both teams return the majority of their starters and have top 3 recruiting classes coming in next year, not sure why you think I am over-rating them.

Ranked 5th and 7th in the nation, both teams return the majority of their starters and have top 3 recruiting classes coming in next year, not sure why you think I am over-rating them.
There you go with those ratings again. Time will tell.

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelRR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT