ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Taylor latest IUFB Commit:

I have seen him play quite a bit and he is a man amongst boys related to opposition kickers in HS. I have a small sample size of basically the South games and some others but his kickoffs reach or go through the end zone and he is a FG weapon most don't have at the HS level. It will be fun to see him get better. Welcome Bryce!!

I have seen him play quite a bit and he is a man amongst boys related to opposition kickers in HS. I have a small sample size of basically the South games and some others but his kickoffs reach or go through the end zone and he is a FG weapon most don't have at the HS level. It will be fun to see him get better. Welcome Bryce!!
Coach Cignetti is focused on getting Indiana's best players.

So was that a typo on his longest FG 43 yds. ? Do you know his potential distance ?

So was that a typo on his longest FG 43 yds. ? Do you know his potential distance ?
I know others on here have seen him too so anyone can weigh in. Basically South has a good offense, so not a ton of chances to kick longer with them going for and getting a lot of 4th down conversions. None of his FGs look like they are barely clearing. Based on his kickoff leg strength and FG warm ups before game and at halftime he has more leg than he has had to show. I would say he will easily get into the 50's. Accuracy from distance is what we will need to see in game conditions. I don't think I would worry about his leg as far as distance based on above and given better coaching, strength/conditioning, etc. I also have no reason to think his accuracy in games from distance will suffer either. I just haven't seen it in game condition from long distance. Sorry for the ramble.

I know others on here have seen him too so anyone can weigh in. Basically South has a good offense, so not a ton of chances to kick longer with them going for and getting a lot of 4th down conversions. None of his FGs look like they are barely clearing. Based on his kickoff leg strength and FG warm ups before game and at halftime he has more leg than he has had to show. I would say he will easily get into the 50's. Accuracy from distance is what we will need to see in game conditions. I don't think I would worry about his leg as far as distance based on above and given better coaching, strength/conditioning, etc. I also have no reason to think his accuracy in games from distance will suffer either. I just haven't seen it in game condition from long distance. Sorry for the ramble.
Having him literally nearly already on campus I'm pretty comfortable with the thought that our Special Teams coach has done his due diligence when it comes to Mr. Taylor. Seems he agrees with your assessment... 😎

Sounds like he's a Good one!

Thanks for your observations (4NDIANA), by the way, few things are better than first person scouting reports for those of us on here...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Of course you have to defer to the coaching staff based on what they have done so far in recruiting. Just thought that FG distance and 39 yd punt avg. were good but not great numbers.

Thanks for the info. Of course you have to defer to the coaching staff based on what they have done so far in recruiting. Just thought that FG distance and 39 yd punt avg. were good but not great numbers.
Punting is definitely not his best attribute at this point and I am not sure he is coming to IU in that role. If so probably the emergency backup. I am trying to remember but it seemed inconsistent but honestly every punter for quite some time has seemed the same. He will uncorked one and then have a clunker but just like FGs he really wasn't punting a lot with their offense. HS punting is hard to judge because it seems like a fire drill most times with the long snapper probably the link impacting everything. I say all of that and he will probably end up the primary punter. Lol Once again, in warmups the leg is there.

Last edited:
Sounds like a very good kicker, thanks all for the info. i don't think that punt average is too shabby either for his weaker specialty.

Cool!

Welcome to the Hoosiers Bryce. Looking forward to many big time, big game winning boots!

Here's a decent article about his commitment that also has some film clips:

Yes it’s fortunate indeed to have a nationally ranked kicker who wants to play for his hometown team.

The days of preferred walk on kickers were ill advised at best. We beat MSU because Campbell could kick and the MSU kicker missed key kicks … May Bryce surpass Pete Stoyanovich’s accomplishments.

Yes it’s fortunate indeed to have a nationally ranked kicker who wants to play for his hometown team.

The days of preferred walk on kickers were ill advised at best. We beat MSU because Campbell could kick and the MSU kicker missed key kicks … May Bryce surpass Pete Stoyanovich’s accomplishments.
He may as the New Indiana will be putting points on the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT