ADVERTISEMENT

Brit GI Jane: Female sergeant kills at least three jihadis in clash near Syrian border

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot
A SPECIAL forces soldier has become the first British woman to shoot dead a terrorist during a military operation.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/la...ale-sergeant-kills-three-jihadis-clash-border.

One source said: “The female soldier opened fire with her MP5K and killed several terrorists. “Every time a terrorist appeared she dropped them – and gave a running commentary to her colleagues so that they had an idea of what was happening to their rear.
"She took down at least three terrorists who were very close to over-running her position. She reacted in the way the special forces are trained to do when they are involved in close quarter battle.
Our source added: “When they returned to base her colleagues were giving her high fives and calling her Britain’s first GI Jane, but she just wanted to down play the whole event and simply said she was doing her job.

A SPECIAL forces soldier has become the first British woman to shoot dead a terrorist during a military operation.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/la...ale-sergeant-kills-three-jihadis-clash-border.
Strange story...so much so that I doubt it’s veracity. MI6 and/or SAS should be embarrassed of their OPSEC if they leaked that amount of info. One should never inform the public about who would come to a potential defection meeting and I doubt this would leak.

Her choice of weapon is also strange for a combat load. An MP5 is typically a weapon used to take down houses or personal defense in a city, not a primary weapon for the desert.

Bottom line, I’m tempted to call BS

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Strange story...so much so that I doubt it’s veracity. MI6 and/or SAS should be embarrassed of their OPSEC if they leaked that amount of info. One should never inform the public about who would come to a potential defection meeting and I doubt this would leak.

Her choice of weapon is also strange for a combat load. An MP5 is typically a weapon used to take down houses or personal defense in a city, not a primary weapon for the desert.

Is this fake news trying to demonstrate gender equality or something? Do you have a viewpoint on women in combat?

Zero Dark Thirty et al says hi! ;)

Is this fake news trying to demonstrate gender equality or something? Do you have a viewpoint on women in combat?
No I don’t think so. I think some of the details are very sketchy and if they told this much to journalists they probably violated OPSEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT