ADVERTISEMENT

Bring plastic not greenbacks to Assembly Hall this fall …

It’s a good move for IU as studies have consistently shown that the average value of transactions increase with credit card usage. I’m an oldster that can’t stop carrying around $100 or so but I charge everything I can for the 2.5% cash rebate.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
How? I just said people who don’t pay everything possible with card (all people, not just old people) are missing out on a lot of money.
It’s your tone. You really must be oblivious as to how you come across on here. Not just on this topic either btw.

It’s your tone. You really must be oblivious as to how you come across on here. Not just on this topic either btw.
You can hear my tone?

On other topics I would agree. In no way shape or form was I being belligerent in this thread.

You can hear my tone?

On other topics I would agree. In no way shape or form was I being belligerent in this thread.
don't worry... you're not on your own. I'm pretty new here and the number of people who come off as arrogant pricks with their typing is fairly phenomenal

Years ago when the company I work for went direct deposit payroll, one of the older employees asked how they were going to get his money in the hole in his backyard. Guy was tighter than a virgin in a whorehouse
I miss going to the bank and depositing my check. It was part of my Saturday routine. I knew all the tellers and the branch manager, and that paid off a time or two when I needed something done quickly and a policy or two needed to be bent.

Businesses don't really like cash. You have to count it, multiple times a day, to be sure none is missing. You have to get it to the bank, either yourself or by paying a company like Brinks to pick it up. You have to have adequate coins and small bills to make change. This all takes employee time, for which the business is paying. You also may need to pay for a safe and insurance, and your employees face a chance of robbery. All of this compared to paying a transaction fee to a card processing service.

I like cash, because it preserves my privacy. It's the only way to pay for something without leaving an electronic trail to be sold off to Google, Facebook, and other online marketers and influencers. But I understand why businesses don't like it. Cashless payments solves a lot of problems and expense for them.
Cash, simply 1 of dozens of business costs dealt with to be successful in commerce. If processing fees were so easily absorbed no business would offer cash discounts.

Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
IU gives the finger to it's fans again.

if a lot of fans didn't still want to use cash, IU wouldn't have to prohibit it, would they.

tenor.gif

that said, if IU wants to set up bottled drinks or sandwich kiosks in the concourses that only do plastic, i could understand that.

put doing so in the main concession stands and ticket windows is bad policy.
That’s just silly. This will be most places within a few years. Many venues are like this.

Hardly. Paid cash tonight on dinner for my wife and I. Discount offered, discount taken. Approximately 5.5%. Actually pretty prevalent. If you don't pay cash, you wouldn't know.
Most restaurants (and all things) are the same price whether you pay cash or card.

Reactions: brianiu
I have a more nuanced perspective on this. I’m only 51 and can handle the electronic world ok. However I was thinking as I travelled thru the Charlotte airport last weekend with my AA app and got to the check in kiosk with 7000 possible combinations of answers to enter how difficult it would be to be an elderly person trying to traverse the digital age. What harm is there in offering cash AND credit at the concessions? Most cultures respect their elders. Instead we make fun of them. I find it appalling personally
thats TMP for one for you.

Many do. I'm not referencing Applebees or Kohl's. I deal for cash discounts regularly.
Little mom and pop places that give cash discounts are also not reporting the income. It's OK to give a 5% discount when you're saving 20% on income taxes.

That or they are just looking at the transaction fee on a credit card sale and not considering the cost and liability of handling cash. They figure "I'm here anyway, I can count down the till every day"

Little mom and pop places that give cash discounts are also not reporting the income. It's OK to give a 5% discount when you're saving 20% on income taxes.

That or they are just looking at the transaction fee on a credit card sale and not considering the cost and liability of handling cash. They figure "I'm here anyway, I can count down the till every day"
Maybe, maybe not.

They have to assume that risk and count the till everyday whether they're giving a cash discount or not, unless they don't take cash.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
That’s just silly. This will be most places within a few years. Many venues are like this.

yes, many monopolistic/duopolistic businesses give the finger to their customers all day every day, because they can.

but then an economic far right winger like you already knew that.

that said, hard not to notice the hardcore element here and elsewhere that are OCD level obsessed with imposing themselves on others all day every day.

be it topics here like pass outs or now accepting cash, or in the political world like abortion or pot.

there are the each to their own crowd, and the "this is how i do it, so everyone should be mandated to do it this way" crowd.

you don't see those who favor a cash option, or a pass out option, or a pot option to infinitely more dangerous alcohol, (our official state drug), lobbying that everyone should have to pay cash, or go to their car at halftime, or smoke pot instead of getting drunk.

some people are just absurdly obsessed with telling others how to live their lives, some aren't.

it's just who they are.

those who aren't need protection from those who are so obsessed, because those who are, well, they're obsessed with imposing themselves on others, even when it has absolutely no effect on themselves in the slightest, and they ain't changing.

yes, many monopolistic/duopolistic businesses give the finger to their customers all day every day, because they can.

that said, hard not to notice the hardcore element here and elsewhere that are OCD level obsessed with imposing themselves on others all day every day.

be it topics here like pass outs or now accepting cash, or in the political world like abortion or pot.

there are the each to their own crowd, and the "this is how i do it, so everyone should be mandated to do it this way" crowd.

you don't see those who favor a cash option, or a pass out option, or a pot option to infinitely more dangerous alcohol, (our official state drug), lobbying that everyone should have to pay cash, or go to their car at halftime, or smoke pot instead of getting drunk.

some people are just absurdly obsessed with telling others how to live their lives, some aren't.

it's just who they are.

those who aren't need protection from those who are so obsessed, because those who are, well, they're obsessed with imposing themselves on others, even when it has absolutely no effect on themselves in the slightest, and they ain't changing.
Might be the first time in her life Zeke has been mistaken for a right winger

it's just who they are.

You nailed it . Biggest right winger around. So moving to cashless is a right wing conspiracy?

• Haha
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
Might be the first time in her life Zeke has been mistaken for a right winger

she's liberal on social issues only.

she's right wing on everything economic.

just like the DNC, MSNBC, and CNN.

being liberal or conservative on social issues, does not make one liberal or conservative on economic issues.

in fact, being liberal or conservative on social issues, has absolutely zero to do with being liberal or conservative on economic issues.

sadly, very very few on both side have figured that out, and many to most just assume their party of choice on social issues, must also have their back on economic issues as well.

which often couldn't be any less true, for both Dems and Pubs..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT