ADVERTISEMENT

ITH - D.J. White, Don Fischer to be Inducted into IU Athletics Hall of Fame

Fish is just now getting in? I had no idea he wasn’t.

Should we read anything in to this?

Also, congrats to him and DJ. Both well-deserved.

Congrats to DJ. I always felt a bit bad for him in regards to the timespan he was at IU. Went through the Davis upheavel followed by being on the Sampson team that blew up.

But typically an entry into a Hall of Fame doesn't happen until after one is done 'running' so to speak.
Which is kinda what I’m getting at. I wonder if this is foreshadowing Fish’s retirement. The timing seems a bit strange.

He could’ve been inducted at least 25+ years ago. But they didn’t - because he was still active. They could’ve waited until after he’d retired, too.

Fish is around 75. It wouldn’t be surprising if he was at least contemplating it.

Which is kinda what I’m getting at. I wonder if this is foreshadowing Fish’s retirement. The timing seems a bit strange.

He could’ve been inducted at least 25+ years ago. But they didn’t - because he was still active. They could’ve waited until after he’d retired, too.

Fish is around 75. It wouldn’t be surprising if he was at least contemplating it.
Thought I read that this was to be his last year. Maybe not.

Can't even think about that. Been listening to him for nearly the entire 50 years he has been at IU.
I have not listened to a TV announcer of IU games in a long long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT