ADVERTISEMENT

BRICS

He was spot on about shitholes. And yes, those are shithole countries. Ask a middle class citizen how they like it there.

Hell, even the wealthy people are wearing head garb and keep hygiene centuries behind.
Ahh I see. Anything is better than Chicago last weekend.

Reactions: DANC
But Trump is the one who pushed Mexico into China's arms by withdrawing the US from TPP (and tariffs/the USMCA). He's got to share a big chunk of your blame.

Of course. It's trumps fault. You should b a comedian

How important will it be in 10 years?
Extremely important. The base layer of society is cheap energy. There isn’t a big enough push for nuclear. It’s the only way we can decrease dependence on oil and gas in the near term (next couple of decades).

They've had pricing power on oil for decades. The best way to hurt them is to reduce global reliance on Middle Eastern fossil fuels.
They did until Biden reduced our ability to increase US energy production.

You're right - that's the best way. Too bad the Democrats are all for reducing our ability to produce energy to thwart them.

But Trump is the one who pushed Mexico into China's arms by withdrawing the US from TPP (and tariffs/the USMCA). He's got to share a big chunk of your blame.

We didn't need Mexico when we were energy independent. Joe made sure to reverse that his first day in office.

Just as important as today.

No chance. US output is forecast to grow by 2.5% through 2050 vs consumption of only 0.5%. Other countries will also follow a similar pattern and dependence on the scum in the Middle East will wane significantly, lessening their power.

Just need to stop them from investing in developed businesses

Reactions: UncleMark
Extremely important. The base layer of society is cheap energy. There isn’t a big enough push for nuclear. It’s the only way we can decrease dependence on oil and gas in the near term (next couple of decades).

Demand is growing at a much slower rate than our output is growing. That matters. Bigly.

Reactions: UncleMark
Demand is growing at a much slower rate than our output is growing. That matters. Bigly.
Meh..It’s 10 years. Last I checked 80% of global energy comes from fossil fuels. I don’t see it drastically decreasing in the next decade. I’ll write this date down and rub it in when I’m right in 2033. Don’t you f#cking die before 2033. If you’re right, this never happened.

Last edited:
Meh..It’s 10 years. Last I checked 80% of global energy comes from fossil fuels. I don’t see it drastically decreasing in the next decade. I’ll write this date down and rub it in when I’m right in 2033. Don’t you f#cking die before 2033. If you’re right, this never happened.

Shit - at this point we'll be lucky if Rivals' servers last to 2024.

Reactions: DANC and snarlcakes

The problem with the US losing its status as a reserve currency is there will no longer be a need to trade oil in US dollars. Oil contributes significantly to inflationary and deflationary pressures and the value of the US dollar. Take that away and all those dollars come home and we either become Venezuela or the Weimar republic.

BRICS countries will support their currency buy using it to trade oil and they hold Gold in reserve.

The problem with the US losing its status as a reserve currency is there will no longer be a need to trade oil in US dollars. Oil contributes significantly to inflationary and deflationary pressures and the value of the US dollar. Take that away and all those dollars come home and we either become Venezuela or the Weimar republic.

BRICS countries will support their currency buy using it to trade oil and they hold Gold in reserve.
A really good thread on BRICS. We’re still the reserve currency and most likely will be for the foreseeable future, but we are trending the wrong direction.

Reactions: DANC and Cthulhu85

Thanks for posting. I've seen more articles lately too but get hammered when I post like brics will never be a threat. When China and Russia have joined forces it has my full attention. We will get left in the dust one day and it may not be that far off. You can't just keep printing money.

Also the list of countries that want to join brics is growing and includes Mexico.

The brics money is a stab in the back and well thought out. This thing keeps gaining strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and Cthulhu85
Thanks for posting. I've seen more articles lately too but get hammered when I post like brics will never be a threat. When China and Russia have joined forces it has my full attention. We will get left in the dust one day and it may not be that far off. You can't just keep printing money.

Also the list of countries that want to join brics is growing and includes Mexico.

The brics money is a stab in the back and we'll thought out. This thing keeps gaining strength.
People seem to think the US is invincible. They don't understand China or China's motivations. Yeah, China shaking hands with the Ruskies should be alarming to everyone.

People don't understand modern warfare. While they wait for a large scale land war, China works to inflate our currency and infiltrate our military communications satellites, wage a propaganda campaign and buy our politicians left and right.

There are plenty of examples of printing gone wild. Zimbabwe, Weimar Germany, Yugoslavia to name a few. Heck I'm a gazillionaire in dinars from Yugoslavia, I have a stack of notes from the 90's.

This thread is a perfect example of exactly why I posted my "Prediction" thread a couple of weeks ago. Here we have a bunch of doomsayers gnashing their teeth (tooth) over the inevitable destruction of the United States. There are countless other example threads, covering the gamut of reasons, from economic, to military, to culture.
I offered up a thread for the Gloomy Gus Group to predict WHEN the U.S. would cease to exist. Not one took up the challenge, even though I thought I gave a generous window of one decade. I did include that I wasn't looking for answers that included a date in the past due to some controversial event. That's too easy. I was looking for dates, within a 10 year range, of when we would give up the ghost as a country.
Not one brave soul put it out there.

This thread is a perfect example of exactly why I posted my "Prediction" thread a couple of weeks ago. Here we have a bunch of doomsayers gnashing their teeth (tooth) over the inevitable destruction of the United States. There are countless other example threads, covering the gamut of reasons, from economic, to military, to culture.
I offered up a thread for the Gloomy Gus Group to predict WHEN the U.S. would cease to exist. Not one took up the challenge, even though I thought I gave a generous window of one decade. I did include that I wasn't looking for answers that included a date in the past due to some controversial event. That's too easy. I was looking for dates, within a 10 year range, of when we would give up the ghost as a country.
Who really knows a timeline. We aren't going to implode one day. It is going to be a path of slow decline that we are already on. In all likelihood we are going to experience a form of balkanization similar to Yugoslavia. We are too large and diverse culturally and ethnically to fall out like the British empire.

Daily hodl? 😂

Who really knows a timeline. We aren't going to implode one day. It is going to be a path of slow decline that we are already on. In all likelihood we are going to experience a form of balkanization similar to Yugoslavia. We are too large and diverse culturally and ethnically to fall out like the British empire.
Thank you for your serious answer.
So, 2050? 2075? 2100? Any guesses when the Union ceases to exist? I mean, considering the amount of hand-wringing going on around here, it has to be relatively soon.

People seem to think the US is invincible. They don't understand China or China's motivations. Yeah, China shaking hands with the Ruskies should be alarming to everyone.

People don't understand modern warfare. While they wait for a large scale land war, China works to inflate our currency and infiltrate our military communications satellites, wage a propaganda campaign and buy our politicians left and right.

There are plenty of examples of printing gone wild. Zimbabwe, Weimar Germany, Yugoslavia to name a few. Heck I'm a gazillionaire in dinars from Yugoslavia, I have a stack of notes from the 90's.

China’s emergence is going to be quite temporary. It’s demographics are looking very bleak and immigration is not an acceptable solution.

When the petrodollar can no longer be the reserve currency utilized by more than half the world's population, to include two of the three largest populations in this hemisphere, then the US Dark State can no longer depend on punitive sanctions to enforce their collectivist world order.

My guess is sometime around 2050-2060. Toward the end of Generation X's time on earth. I don't see the baby boomer generation leaving a lot of their accumulated wealth behind in inheritances. Gen X is the last generation to experience lower costs at the start of life and had some good economic growth periods. Property, where real wealth is, is being gobbled up by these mega corporate holding companies.

My guess is sometime around 2050-2060. Toward the end of Generation X's time on earth. I don't see the baby boomer generation leaving a lot of their accumulated wealth behind in inheritances. Gen X is the last generation to experience lower costs at the start of life and had some good economic growth periods. Property, where real wealth is, is being gobbled up by these mega corporate holding companies.
Once again, thank you.

Reactions: Cthulhu85
Losing reserve currency status doesn’t mean the world is over or the destruction of the U.S.

What about it? My chrome app on my phone had it in my feed. Doesn't mean the info on BRICS isnt accurate. What the hell am I supposed to do when noone people consider credible are reporting anything about it.
There's been a ton of articles lately. They all parrot one another.

As for bulk. It's just something to keep an eye on...I do not trust China.

I didn't say anything about the world ending.
So, I can mark you in the "Ain't gonna happen" category?
Losing the reserve currency doesn’t mean the U.S. ceases to exit. Fixed it for you.

No, it will happen at some point. If it continues on current trends it’s decades away.

Losing reserve currency status doesn’t mean the world is over or the destruction of the U.S.

The US isn't going to lose major reserve currency status during any of our lifetimes. I've heard this bullshit for decades.... usually from some joker selling gold. But bitcoin bugs have replaced the gold bugs, arguments haven't changed. Neither will results

The BRICS countries gdp exceeds the gdp of the G7 countries and that trend is projected to continue. Mexico is considering joining. The US debt to gdp ratio is at WW2 levels and we don't have the manufacturing capacity we did then. We also dont have the people to develop, engineer, and run manufacturing processes because we arent training enough of them.

China owns most of the raw material mines and production needed for batteries. The US doesn't produce nearly enough chips and hardly any semiconductors to meet demand. We will be totally dependent on other countries for energy as we keep transitioning to alternatives.

The US isn't going to lose major reserve currency status during any of our lifetimes. I've heard this bullshit for decades.... usually from some joker selling gold. But bitcoin bugs have replaced the gold bugs, arguments haven't changed. Neither will results
The Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome.

It's a lot more plausible today than it's ever been, with BRIC countries seriously banding together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT