ADVERTISEMENT

BRICS

Indianaftw

All-American
Jul 26, 2017
This deserves its own thread rather than be buried in some other topic. Been watching everything happening with BRICS. This is a pretty good article and makes sense. Its also a harsh truth of whats taking place while we seem to be asleep at the wheel. All the sudden interest in BRICS from nations as close to us as Mexico, which is not mentioned in this article, but has been in others, is a reality. This thing is growing and this article talks about how its shaping. It also talks about how our pattern is an old familiar one which results in failure.

Reactions: DANC
This deserves its own thread rather than be buried in some other topic. Been watching everything happening with BRICS. This is a pretty good article and makes sense. Its also a harsh truth of whats taking place while we seem to be asleep at the wheel. All the sudden interest in BRICS from nations as close to us as Mexico, which is not mentioned in this article, but has been in others, is a reality. This thing is growing and this article talks about how its shaping. It also talks about how our pattern is an old familiar one which results in failure.

The article you cited sounds like Chinese propaganda to me. Asia Times? Really?

Nationalist capitalism? That's the new paradigm you're promoting? A hybrid model with both private and state "capitalism"? Strong, nationalist central governments? Sounds like fascism to me . . . .

In other words it sounds like MAGA propaganda to me.

Pshaw . . . I prefer freedom . . . .

Nationalist capitalism? That's the new paradigm you're promoting? A hybrid model with both private and state "capitalism"? Strong, nationalist central governments? Sounds like fascism to me . . . .

You are what’s wrong with the country!

Insipid.

Last edited:

I've posted articles a few with graphs and where this is heading. Don't be blind. If you do a search at the top of the site you'll find the articles. The list of countries that have applied is eye opening. Things work in cycles. Brics is on the move and rolling.

Wall St/unregulated capitalism literally own the US govt, half the DNC, all the RNC, and a majority of SCOTUS, because SCOTUS gave their blessing to big money and corps buying the US govt, so big money and corps bought the US govt.

Wall St and big money know literally no national allegiance to any country, including the US.

thus the US is now controlled on everything economic by entities that have absolutely no allegiance to the US, and never will.

it's not personal though. just business.

Last edited:
Reactions: sglowrider
I've posted articles a few with graphs and where this is heading. Don't be blind. If you do a search at the top of the site you'll find the articles. The list of countries that have applied is eye opening. Things work in cycles. Brics is on the move and rolling.

Brics? What is this 2005 all over again? What's old is new again....

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Brics? What is this 2005 all over again? What's old is new again....
Sure we get it BRICS was formed awhile back and you knew about it. Golf Clap

Now

Turkey, Mexico, Indonesia, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and a number of other African countries are wishing to become part of BRICS.

This totally undermines the historic peace agreements and relationships Trump created with the middle east and Africa.

So you guys keep bashing Trump and shove BRICS under a rug. This thing is gonna bite us in the rear sooner than you think. The leadership you have chosen is failing miserably and I do not want to hear your arguments any more. Our foreign relations at this point are in the trash. Defending whats going on just makes you al look dumber than a box of rocks and hopefully you don't defend it. Be honest with yourselves.

Last edited:
Sure we get it BRICS was formed awhile back and you knew about it. Golf Clap

Now

Turkey, Mexico, Indonesia, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and a number of other African countries are wishing to become part of BRICS.

This totally undermines the historic peace agreements and relationships Trump created with the middle east and Africa.

So you guys keep bashing Trump and shove BRICS under a rug. This thing is gonna bite us in the rear sooner than you think. The leadership you have chosen is failing miserably and I do not want to hear your arguments any more. Our foreign relations at this point are in the trash. Defending whats going on just makes you al look dumber than a box of rocks and hopefully you don't defend it. Be honest with yourselves.

So why are you posting articles written by Marxists?

Here's your author, dupe.

Wolff is featured regularly in television, print, and internet media. The New York Times Magazine has named him "America's most prominent Marxist economist"

This is the only BRICS that effects my financial situation on the regular.

Reactions: Indyhorn

It's not Chinese propaganda... but rather written by an American Marxist professor who has spent decades promoting state run enterprise and denigrating capitalism.

I think FTW and IGW should team up here.... what a wicked combo of a ticket those two would offer.

It's not Chinese propaganda... but rather written by an American Marxist professor who has spent decades promoting state run enterprise and denigrating capitalism.

I think FTW and IGW should team up here.... what a wicked combo of a ticket those two would offer.
You missed the point...Not surprising.

Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
The term "Marxist economist" was new to me. Thus did some reading about what a Marxist economist is. Came across this article.

My simplified take is thus. A Marxist economist isn't a believer in say communism as can be seen in Russia or China, but instead wants government to intervene in a capitalist system in such a way as to have hourly workers get more for their labor. Different way to distribute wealth.

BRIC should probably be changed to CATO- China and The Others. In the early 2000s these countries were considered fast developing economies. China has left the others in the dust.

I do agree China is positioning itself to use the alliance strategically. It's why abandoning the Trans Pacific Partnership in 2017 was such a bad idea. China has since stepped in to strengthen partnerships where it would have been excluded, including Mexico.

All I see are a bunch of shitholes on that list. Trump would be disappointed that you care so much about them.

This is what happens when we elect a brain-dead idiot as President.

It's the latest hot take to come down through these peoples' Facebook feeds. They think this is really significant, and it's all Biden's fault!!!
Whistling through the graveyard......

BRIC should probably be changed to CATO- China and The Others. In the early 2000s these countries were considered fast developing economies. China has left the others in the dust.

I do agree China is positioning itself to use the alliance strategically. It's why abandoning the Trans Pacific Partnership in 2017 was such a bad idea. China has since stepped in to strengthen partnerships where it would have been excluded, including Mexico.

Exactly. This is all about the Chinese expansion of influence. All the rest of these countries are hot messes with disaster economics.... other than India. And India and China have a rocky relationship, at best.

All I see are a bunch of shitholes on that list. Trump would be disappointed that you care so much about them.
Saudi Arabia and uae are crap holes? And what is it with you Trump haters. You all have issues. I mention a serious positive that he achieved and you all break. Bunch a weak sucks.

It's the latest hot take to come down through these peoples' Facebook feeds. They think this is really significant, and it's all Biden's fault!!!
I'm not on Facebook mark. And I'm paying attention especially since Russia and China are in cahoots and tensions are rising. Btw that didnt happen under trump. He signed peace treaties and now they wanna join brics. But I guess that means nothing to you. I certainly don't want them with Mexico. Maybe you think that's OK. You lefty are whacked man. Just without and thought process at all.

Saudi Arabia and uae are crap holes? And what is it with you Trump haters. You all have issues. I mention a serious positive that he achieved and you all break. Bunch a weak sucks.

What positive would that be? You haven't mentioned anything.

I'm not on Facebook mark. And I'm paying attention especially since Russia and China are in cahoots and tensions are rising. Btw that didnt happen under trump. He signed peace treaties and now they wanna join brics. But I guess that means nothing to you. I certainly don't want them with Mexico. Maybe you think that's OK. You lefty are whacked man. Just without and thought process at all.

So the treaties they signed with Trump are worthless?

Reactions: twenty02
So the treaties they signed with Trump are worthless?
Danc. Mental. That's all I can say. We post video after video after video of democratic run cities that don't belong on this country and they defend these fools. That's mental illness. And anytime the word Trump is mentioned they melt like the wicked witch. It's not even funny at this point. It's disturbing behavior.

He was spot on about shitholes. And yes, those are shithole countries. Ask a middle class citizen how they like it there.

Hell, even the wealthy people are wearing head garb and keep hygiene centuries behind.

Danc. Mental. That's all I can say. We post video after video after video of democratic run cities that don't belong on this country and they defend these fools. That's mental illness. And anytime the word Trump is mentioned they melt like the wicked witch. It's not even funny at this point. It's disturbing behavior.
So you got nothing.

He was spot on about shitholes. And yes, those are shithole countries. Ask a middle class citizen how they like it there.

Hell, even the wealthy people are wearing head garb and keep hygiene centuries behind.
So, because they're shit holes, they don't have pricing power on oil when joining other oil producing states with economic ties to China?

I am glad you're aligned with Trump on the shithole category, though.

So, because they're shit holes, they don't have pricing power on oil when joining other oil producing states with economic ties to China?

I am glad you're aligned with Trump on the shithole category, though.

They've had pricing power on oil for decades. The best way to hurt them is to reduce global reliance on Middle Eastern fossil fuels.

Reactions: NPT

Nobody gives sh#t about that stuff. They produce the most important commodity on the planet is why they are important.

But Trump is the one who pushed Mexico into China's arms by withdrawing the US from TPP (and tariffs/the USMCA). He's got to share a big chunk of your blame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT