ADVERTISEMENT

Brady Allen enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

red hornet

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2019
Purdue's RS Freshman QB former 4-star from Newberg IN. is in the transport portal. Will he follow Brohm to Louisville?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Watching his videos indicates he is mobile when needed. I know the video is intended to accent his passing but his footwork and escapabiity look sound to me. He is no ARE but no other will eclipse him.

Reactions: DANC
Can’t imagine that we will pursue him. He’s the prototypical drop back pocket passer and that’s just not what we need. We know it and he knows it.
Maybe him coming would help Bolstad get 8 blocks of limestone in the Portal and future recruiting?

He said he went to PEE EWE in part to represent his home state. But I bet he loves Brohm - who was also no big runner. But ... he's from Gibson Southern HS/Fort Branch - from the not-so-famous Pocket Athletic Conference of my youth. Louisville is a crap show as a city right now, and a UofL site said this an hour ago:

Summary: Quarterback is getting better, but probably still needs some work. Louisville finally has their signal caller of the future in Clarkson, however, as talented as he is, he's still a true freshman. Not to mention that Domann is probably best suited as a backup, Conley hasn't seen meaningful playing time since 2019, and we still haven't seen Johnson. The Cardinals likely need a one-year option via the portal here.

Summary: The offensive line will look a little different in 2023. Three starters in Chandler, Boone and Reid are moving on, and a projected starter in Kandra entered the portal. Louisville does retain a pair of starters in Hudson and Brown at center and right tackle, and Gonzalez should take over at left tackle. As for the left and right guard spots, guys like Black and Gunn could be starter-worthy, but Louisville might opt to look in the portal here.

They are no more stable than we are, and we have great new OL coach and I'd bet then kid's mom loves Allen.

So until its a firm no I guess i’ll fake hope!

Interesting because the other kid formerly under Brohm at Purdue, Jack Plummer, transferred from Purdue to Cal at the end of 2021. Now, Plummer is in the transfer portal again and showing as a transfer to Louisville for the 2023 season.

Interesting because the other kid formerly under Brohm at Purdue, Jack Plummer, transferred from Purdue to Cal at the end of 2021. Now, Plummer is in the transfer portal again and showing as a transfer to Louisville for the 2023 season.
Odd. Why would Plummer follow Brohm to UofL after Brohm didn't play him at Purdue?

Edit - but the UofL site guy says "100%" - and Demling is usually. right.

Soooo, if the kid is looking to represent his state ... sure, I'll take him. And order the OC to make it work.

Last edited:
I’m sure this has more to do with Harrell being a Texas guy and prior relationship.
I agree thi signing has more to do with Harrell coaching at PU just as Sudfeld coming to IU was due to Littrel being named OC at IU.

Reactions: ElMeson
With competent coaching Purdue will always be just a 6-8 win team. Which always made me laugh when their fans talked about Brohm taking them to the next level. There is no next level at Purdue. Just continued mediocrity.

Walters will be no different. If he can put together a competent staff, Purdue will be no better than a 6-8 win program. They will never be a major player, just mediocre.

An that note... When will IU be perennially mediocre? I'd love to see it happen...

With competent coaching Purdue will always be just a 6-8 win team. Which always made me laugh when their fans talked about Brohm taking them to the next level. There is no next level at Purdue. Just continued mediocrity.

Walters will be no different. If he can put together a competent staff, Purdue will be no better than a 6-8 win program. They will never be a major player, just mediocre.

An that note... When will IU be perennially mediocre? I'd love to see it happen...
Purdue fans would be pretty happy with consistently winning 7-8 with a 9 win season every few years.

Reactions: vesuvius13
If he doesn't fit the scheme it doesn't matter. That is why some top QBs that go into the NFL flop, they just don't fit those schemes.
He is a quality QB but a pocket guy that is unlikely to suceed with our current OL situation. Season after next...maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT