ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Stevens discusses what IU means to him...

You guys are getting me all amped up. Now I’m gonna be staring at my phone all night reading every thread in here. Which is pretty much what I’ve been doing the last few days since Archie got booted

Reactions: ericrossiu
I would wait till June for Brad. Ohio State did ok waiting till July to hire Holtmann. I don't care about recruiting or transfers if that means we get Brad Stevens.

Was it really July? I didn’t remember that. I was thinking it was right after we hired Archie?

I would wait till June for Brad. Ohio State did ok waiting till July to hire Holtmann. I don't care about recruiting or transfers if that means we get Brad Stevens.
We're gonna suck next year anyway even if it's Brad, so why not

Ok I listened to the entire clip. I don’t want to buy into this, because doing so only to be let down is something I don’t have the energy for. That said...his statements are curious. This was his chance to say “ I’m flattered , I’m thankful for the warm thoughts from IU nation...but I AINT GOING TO IU !!! Get it thru you’re thick Fn heads and MOVE ON!! “. But ...he doesn’t say anything remotely close. Curious. Not sure what to make of it
I thought that interesting as well, Alford and Pitino have already said flat no, even though they weren't really candidates. He doesn't go that far, more expresses that he's flattered by the rumor, his Dad's still in Indy, he grew up an IU fan, and he's grateful for his time in Boston ... very odd.

Reactions: BHAII
My favorite tweet was Titus saying along the lines of 'Does Brad Stevens really want to go to a program with a rabid fan base, who hasn't been relative since the 80's but comes with unrealistic expectations from its fans?'

Only a few caught the joke that he was talking about the Celtics.

Not the simple past tense. "Has been" combines the past with the present and may denote the future..... or not.
Still......couldn't ask for a better response at present, almost sounds like negotiations are happening.

He said, "I have been the coach of the Celtics for 8 years and...", which is just a statement of fact and NOT past tense, which some of you are desperately reading into the statement. He said a lot of nice things about Indiana and IU, then reminded everyone that he had a job for 8 years. It was tantamount to telling IU, I really think you're special and I appreciate your interest, but I'm currently employed with the Celts.

You may be right about negotiations happening. His agent is probably talking to the Celts GM about the IU interest and that Brad may need a raise to stay in Boston, much like Painter used the Missouri interest to get a raise, more money for assistants and a longer contract.

No smart coach would dismiss or disrespect anyone, who was interested in hiring him, since he knows at some point, he may need a fall back position. You can dream, but just like when a pretty girl may be nice & polite with you, when you ask her out, she's still not going out with you...

Good Luck on the next one.

He said, "I have been the coach of the Celtics for 8 years and...", which is just a statement of fact and NOT past tense, which some of you are desperately reading into the statement. He said a lot of nice things about Indiana and IU, then reminded everyone that he had a job for 8 years. It was tantamount to telling IU, I really think you're special and I appreciate your interest, but I'm currently employed with the Celts.

You may be right about negotiations happening. His agent is probably talking to the Celts GM about the IU interest and that Brad may need a raise to stay in Boston, much like Painter used the Missouri interest to get a raise, more money for assistants and a longer contract.

No smart coach would dismiss or disrespect anyone, who was interested in hiring him, since he knows at some point, he may need a fall back position. You can dream, but just like when a pretty girl may be nice & polite with you, when you ask her out, she's still not going out with you...

You are an idiot. Brad Stevens is more likely to get fired in Boston then get a raise. I can tell that you Boiler fans are getting nervous. I’d be nervous too.

You are an idiot. Brad Stevens is more likely to get fired in Boston then get a raise. I can tell that you Boiler fans are getting nervous. I’d be nervous too.
Of course they’re nervous. This guy in particular reeks of fear. Whether it’s Stevens or someone else they’re about to resume their rightful role as second fiddle. Why else is this guy over here trying to argue with IU fans who our coach will or won’t be?

My favorite tweet was Titus saying along the lines of 'Does Brad Stevens really want to go to a program with a rabid fan base, who hasn't been relative since the 80's but comes with unrealistic expectations from its fans?'

That is dumb tho, they originated the big three and should have won a couple championships. 4 HOFers on one team is special, you better believe Rondo is getting in.

Reactions: brianiu

Yeah, you got me. I spend every night in mortal fear that the dreaded Hoosier Empire will rise from the ashes and NO ONE in the BIG will ever win another BBall game against them. I can see IU going undefeated forever and the NCAA will have to disband to keep the rest of their members from committing mass suicide. The IU juggernaut will never be able to be stopped. Perhaps they will have to join the NBA to find suitable competition again...

IU delusion is sooooo humorous...LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Poprudy
Yeah, you got me. I spend every night in mortal fear that the dreaded Hoosier Empire will rise from the ashes and NO ONE in the BIG will ever win another BBall game against them. I can see IU going undefeated forever and the NCAA will have to disband to keep the rest of their members from committing mass suicide. The IU juggernaut will never be able to be stopped. Perhaps they will have to join the NBA to find suitable competition again...

IU delusion is sooooo humorous...LOL

Indiana is superior to Purdue in practically every sport. Right now all you have is Men’s Basketball and Volleyball. IU is presumed to hire a really good basketball coach and they already have a good Volleyball coach. Purdue is about to be Little Brother for 10 more years.

• Haha
Reactions: Poprudy

Yeah, jokes on them, that hardly applies to us. We haven't been relevant since the 90s at least.

Of course they’re nervous. This guy in particular reeks of fear. Whether it’s Stevens or someone else they’re about to resume their rightful role as second fiddle. Why else is this guy over here trying to argue with IU fans who our coach will or won’t be?

I don't recall arguing with anyone. I merely said that you're not getting Stevens or Donovan and that Matta and Beilein have health issues. FYI, poking fun at your delusions is not the same as arguing.

Indiana is superior to Purdue in practically every sport. Right now all you have is Men’s Basketball and Volleyball. IU is presumed to hire a really good basketball coach and they already have a good Volleyball coach. Purdue is about to be Little Brother for 10 more years.
and we've been saying this for how many years now?

This isn't fun anymore. Earlier I assumed Stevens wasn't coming and was having some fun acting like he was (until he officially such time as he closes the door) just for laughs. But now I'm actually wondering if there's a chance. Which means every time I come here there's a possibility I'm going to read some official statement from Stevens about how there's NO CHANCE he's considering the IU job.

Which I was always expecting. But now I'll be devastated. Damn you Brad.

and we've been saying this for how many years now?
Amen, between fk and jet’s post above, how many times in the last 20 years have Purdue fans been told that we’re going back to the rightful place towards the bottom of the BIG while IU is going to return to winning championships?

Reactions: BoilerMadness
That is dumb tho, they originated the big three and should have won a couple championships. 4 HOFers on one team is special, you better believe Rondo is getting in.

Rondo isn't a HOFer. Averaged 10 pts 8 assists in his career and there wasn't a single season of his career he was a legitimate MVP candidate (one year he may have finished 8th in voting), or even the best player at his position.

Reactions: brebelle3

Keep dreaming. Talk to me, when you win your next BBall game. It may be a few years, before that happens.
It's amusing that you talk about Purdue being Little Brother, when we hold a significant advantage over IU in W-L record in virtually all the sports that you believe you're superior in. Keep trying though.

Rondo isn't a HOFer. Averaged 10 pts 8 assists in his career and there wasn't a single season of his career he was a legitimate MVP candidate (one year he may have finished 8th in voting), or even the best player at his position.

playoff rondo baby

I think it’s gonna be Brad.

What would you put the odds at.. I’d say yesterday it was about +750 for Brad.
This morning I’d move that line to about +250

what do you think..

it was at +5000 when I saw it yesterday morning before brads little love affair for IU statement. Now I’d say +1250

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
Amen, between fk and jet’s post above, how many times in the last 20 years have Purdue fans been told that we’re going back to the rightful place towards the bottom of the BIG while IU is going to return to winning championships?
The count is 3, this will be 4. At least we know from your participation that you care. Bless your heart. You have hope we don’t, we have hope we do, why do you wish to make your irrelevant opinions known here? Plenty to commiserate with on GBI...

Keep dreaming. Talk to me, when you win your next BBall game. It may be a few years, before that happens.
It's amusing that you talk about Purdue being Little Brother, when we hold a significant advantage over IU in W-L record in virtually all the sports that you believe you're superior in. Keep trying though.
Interesting inditement of your character that it bothers you so much for fans here to have hope for the future. All class old timer...

Reactions: 76-1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT