ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Calipari transferring out

Squonk too

Benchwarmer
May 18, 2019
“Brad Calipari, son of Kentucky head coach John Calipari, entered the transfer portal and will leave the Wildcats' program.

“The walk-on, 6-foot guard redshirted last season -- his third in Lexington -- and played sparingly in 27 career games in two seasons.”

Obviously Cal is like an Uncle to Archie so he released his son to be picked up by Archie and Archie told Brooks to go to Kentucky. Lil Cal can shoot lights out! My inside sources tell me that this has been the plan all along....and some of you were worried.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Obviously Cal is like an Uncle to Archie so he released his son to be picked up by Archie and Archie told Brooks to go to Kentucky. Lil Cal can shoot lights out! My inside sources tell me that this has been the plan all along....and some of you were worried.
I can’t believe I am saying this, but if he did go to Indiana, I would root hard for him to do well with the team.

Reactions: ufo33
Kid wants to get PT. At Ky he probably wouldnt even get much Practise time next year..just loaded at back court and really no place for him. Vermont was interested when he chose Ky. I can see a school of that size taking him. He may stay close and go to a D one instate school. He has decent game. Just not at the highest level.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Time for Kentucky to fire John Calipari. I mean, if your own son doesn't want to play for you how good a Coach can you be? Then there are the NCAA Rules violations. Obviously Coach Cal Provided one of his recruits with room and board for at least 18 years, gave him a weekly allowance, and bought him a car when he was in high school. (For those who don't get it, this is LOL Sarcasm).

“Brad Calipari, son of Kentucky head coach John Calipari, entered the transfer portal and will leave the Wildcats' program.

“The walk-on, 6-foot guard redshirted last season -- his third in Lexington -- and played sparingly in 27 career games in two seasons.”
How many UK fans will say, "Cal has lost it. His own son doesn't even want to play for him".

I would let him walk on but I am sure he isn't leaving UK so he can walk on and watch another team play.

Reactions: GregHaggard
Brad is not a bad player. Has skills. But at UK he has four guys who will prob play in the NBA ahead of him.

Reactions: ufo33
I’m here for the good conversation with another heavy weight in college basketball. Albeit, not at the moment but in due time

IMHO, it’s too late.

IU as a heavy weight? I am not a sky is falling type of guy with IU. I actually think that if given a chance, coach miller will prove himself to be a good coach, and build a respectable program at IU. There are plenty of sunshine pumpers on this site, and it’s not too difficult to see IU as vastly improved next year.

But IU will never win another championship.

Our time has passed as an elite program, and maybe that’s ok. Listen, winning a national championship is really, really difficult. As IU fans we think we are in a great conference. How many titles has the big ten won recently? IIRC, the last was around 2001 with MSU. As IU fans we like to mock boiler fans for their lack of a final four last year. Three sweet 16s, an elite eight and (1?) big ten title for the Boilers in the last 3 years. Their program is on a different planet than IUs right now.

Before we start talking about being elite, we need to do what should be the absolute floor for IU basketball. We should make the tournament every year. Period. If Wisconsin can do it, so can we.

Back to being elite. Kansas is certainly that. I am guessing they have been a number 1 or 2 seed almost every year over the past 25. They must have at least 22 B12 titles in the last 25 years. They are as good as it gets. National championships? Do they have only 1 since 1988?

If it seems like I am ranting, I apologize. I am about 10% as passionate about IU basketball as I used to be. I just don’t ever see us being elite again. Maybe, we can build a program where we consistently make the tournament, and become one of the top 4 big ten programs. That’s what I am hoping for-my expectations (and excitement) have taken huge hits.

I understand why people think we will be elite. We are just a sleeping giant, great fans, great tradition, great facilities, great recruiting area, etc.

However, I will try to quote one of my favorite X-posters :

“There is nothing special in the water in Bloomington that entitles IU basketball to be elite”.

Too much time has passed. And that’s ok. It’s just a game. Seriously.

Last edited:
I would let him walk on but I am sure he isn't leaving UK so he can walk on and watch another team play.

Brad is going to a mid-major or lower program where he can play every day. I know the Louisville and Indiana fan bases are dreaming about getting him, not for his playing ability, but to piss off UK fans, but it isn't going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Morehead State, their coach used to be on Cal's' staff and it is close enough to Lexington so that mom can see all the home games, and dad can catch some of them, but that is just speculation.

Brad is going to a mid-major or lower program where he can play every day. I know the Louisville and Indiana fan bases are dreaming about getting him, not for his playing ability, but to piss off UK fans, but it isn't going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Morehead State, their coach used to be on Cal's' staff and it is close enough to Lexington so that mom can see all the home games, and dad can catch some of them, but that is just speculation.
Also Northern Kentucky, or so I read.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Not sure who bumped there head the hardest, you for thinking that Indiana wants Cal's son or an Indiana fan that wants him.

https://www.12up.com/posts/brad-calipari-announces-transfer-to-detroit-mercy-college-01der3bq08e7

Playing for (once) our own Coach Mike Davis, alongside his stellar son, Antoine Davis. Pretty decent choice.

How UDM's Antoine Davis went from unknown to one of NCAA's leading scorers
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/2019/01/17/detroit-mercy-antoine-davis-mike-davis/2599022002/
c07e5e6f-3c35-4eb3-9eb6-d9961463a0d4-USATSI_9946412.jpg

Last edited:
IMHO, it’s too late.

IU as a heavy weight? I am not a sky is falling type of guy with IU. I actually think that if given a chance, coach miller will prove himself to be a good coach, and build a respectable program at IU. There are plenty of sunshine pumpers on this site, and it’s not too difficult to see IU as vastly improved next year.

Our time has passed as an elite program, and maybe that’s ok. Listen, winning a national championship is really, really difficult. As IU fans we think we are in a great conference. How many titles has the big ten won recently? IIRC, the last was around 2001 with MSU. As IU fans we like to mock boiler fans for their lack of a final four last year. Three sweet 16s, an elite eight and (1?) big ten title for the Boilers in the last 3 years. Their program is on a different planet than IUs right now.

Before we start talking about being elite, we need to do what should be the absolute floor for IU basketball. We should make the tournament every year. Period. If Wisconsin can do it, so can we.

Back to being elite. Kansas is certainly that. I am guessing they have been a number 1 or 2 seed almost every year over the past 25. They must have at least 22 B12 titles in the last 25 years. They are as good as it gets. National championships? Do they have only 1 since 1988?

If it seems like I am ranting, I apologize. I am about 10% as passionate about IU basketball as I used to be. I just don’t ever see us being elite again. Maybe, we can build a program where we consistently make the tournament, and become one of the top 4 big ten programs. That’s what I am hoping for-my expectations (and excitement) have taken huge hits.

I understand why people think we will be elite. We are just a sleeping giant, great fans, great tradition, great facilities, great recruiting area, etc.

“There is nothing special in the water in Bloomington that entitles IU basketball to be elite”.

how has this post gone so ignored...just in wrong thread...

IMHO, it’s too late.

I understand why some previous IU fans or fans of other sports teams give up. It has been a real bummer experiencing IU pulling the plug on winning basketball and botching any chance of a resurgence ever since the...say...late 80's or early 90's. So makes one wonder why some are still following IU and posting on previously good fan sites. Heh

But the world of college basketball keeps changing. How anyone can say that any decent university in any decent conference will never win it all, in my opinion, reflects on the fan more than on the future of the team.

I may be the Don Quixote of IU basketball fans. Hope springs eternal. Assume best intentions. Sure, IU is going to hang a multitude of NCAAT championship banners in AH.

Enough hype. I'm pleased IU has Archie Miller. He, at least, has the potential to lead IU to glory. Whether that really pans out, I don't know.

I still hope. I still support IU. And Archie is herding this previously dysfunctional team in the right direction.

Brad is not a bad player. Has skills. But at UK he has four guys who will prob play in the NBA ahead of him.
Brooks Jr.'s PT may not be what Daddy Brooks expects either. That could become a real powder-keg if Brooks PT goes down or if he gets injured and never gets his slot back in the pecking order at UK.

Brooks Jr.'s PT may not be what Daddy Brooks expects either. That could become a real powder-keg if Brooks PT goes down or if he gets injured and never gets his slot back in the pecking order at UK.
Doesn't Coach Calipari usually manage to keep his divas (ducks) in a row? Kentucky appears to always have good chemistry among the playing, as playing time goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT