ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Bound

HoozierDaddy

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2012
I can't wait to find out what Bowl we will play in.

I'm personally hoping for Music City Bowl so I'll be able to attend. I've got conflicts with the others.

I hope we get a good match-up and that we WIN. We haven't had a winning season since 1993. If I did my match right, that's 22 years! 7-6 would be a great stepping stone for the future.

I'm guessing recruiting offensive players is getting easier, now just need to concentrate on defense.

Our schedule will always be brutal in B1G East but the future looks as bright as it has in a very long time.

Foster Farms says they are expecting Neb and UCLA. Looks like NYC is the most likely destination. PSU is the fly in the ointment as they can't go to the pinstripe and don't want to go to music city. Really depends on where they end up.

Why don't they want to go to Music City? It seems like nearly everyone has us going to Pinstripe as of this morning. I would prefer Nashville based on location and date.

Nothing will inspire enthusiasm for attending like the thought of sitting outside for four hours on December 26 in NYC

Reactions: CC Mac
PSU's coach was at Vandy and there is still an ongoing rape situation from his tenure. That might give us some hope for music city. Selfishly I would rather it be there but I am hoping for a good match up wherever we might end up.

Nothing will inspire enthusiasm for attending like the thought of sitting outside for four hours on December 26 in NYC

I think we'd draw pretty well at the Pinstripe Bowl just on the strength of our NYC area alumni base. Get 10k from there, 7-8k from Indiana + current NYC area IU students showing up and it should be a good turnout.

One of the Duke sites (affiliated with a competitor to Rivals) is reporting that Duke has accepted an invitation to the Pinstripe Bowl to face Indiana.

I like the matchup for us, just looking at their record.

Much rather play a known FB school, not another BB school like IU. Much rather have been in warm Santa Clara. Farther to go but more fun in the sun. New York December weather sucks. New Yorkers are too jaded to give it any importance...not much of a college FB city...way too pro oriented. Cold, dreary, and low attendance is all we'll get there, plus plenty of drunks.

Much rather play a known FB school, not another BB school like IU. Much rather have been in warm Santa Clara. Farther to go but more fun in the sun. New York December weather sucks. New Yorkers are too jaded to give it any importance...not much of a college FB city...way too pro oriented. Cold, dreary, and low attendance is all we'll get there, plus plenty of drunks.
You hit the nail on the head. I lived in Manhattan for 3 years. You leave the city whenever possible. Hotels prices are outrageous. Plus the day after Christmas....

Reactions: IUHartselCol
So how long can ESPN drag this out? I guess some of us will find out; others will do something productive for a while.

So how long can ESPN drag this out? I guess some of us will find out; others will do something productive for a while.

New Year's Six day bowl games aren't announced until 3

Also HT and Indy Star IU beat writers both saying IU hasn't officially been offered the Pinstripe Bowl yet.

Well then IU fans need to get used to getting passed over if that's our fans' attitude.

Reactions: All4UIU
We have a gigantic alumni base in NYC.

You hit the nail on the head. I lived in Manhattan for 3 years. You leave the city whenever possible. Hotels prices are outrageous. Plus the day after Christmas....
Not trying to be rude here, but do our fans just not typically watch bowls? There are always bowls the day after Christmas. In fact that day has more bowls than any other day.

Reactions: IUMath
We have a gigantic alumni base in NYC.
We have a gigantic alumni base in California. Ones warm weather the others cold. Ones in..,yuk...New York (been there many times and lived upstate near Albany for a while). One has the Bay area, the other the Bronx, one has some of the countries most beautiful national parks in driving distance, the other has, well, Central Park.

For fun and comfort for fans, California wins. I dont think the players really care vbg.

I think one of the "feel good" stories of the year was when our basketball team went to Maui and laid a big steaming pile on the court and got humiliated. That was probably a fun one for the fans.
No thanks. I'll sit in cold weather and watch a team compete than go to paradise and watch a bunch prima donnas simply mail it in.

Reactions: IUPeterman
I think one of the "feel good" stories of the year was when our basketball team went to Maui and laid a big steaming pile on the court and got humiliated. That was probably a fun one for the fans.
No thanks. I'll sit in cold weather and watch a team compete than go to paradise and watch a bunch prima donnas simply mail it in.

And boom goes the dynamite.

We have a gigantic alumni base in California. Ones warm weather the others cold. Ones in..,yuk...New York (been there many times and lived upstate near Albany for a while). One has the Bay area, the other the Bronx, one has some of the countries most beautiful national parks in driving distance, the other has, well, Central Park.

For fun and comfort for fans, California wins. I dont think the players really care vbg.

As much as I would love to make the 15 minute drive to Levis stadium and see the Hoosiers in a bowl, I think they're better off elsewhere.
The chance to play USC is to be avoided. Lots of talent and they will greatly benefit from the prep time.
And if El Niño starts sending storms up the Pineapple Express soon, forget about decent weather and be ready for unrelenting windy rain.

Reactions: IUHartselCol
As expected, MSU, Iowa, OSU, all make the "New Year's Six" games. Michigan State in the CFP, Iowa in the Rose Bowl, and Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl.

Michigan or Northwestern probably goes to the Citrus Bowl and we move down the selection list from there.

Duke confirmed to the Pinstripe Bowl, Michigan/Florida in the Citrus, Louisville to Music City (so B1G team isn't going there).

Yeah, I don't doubt it's been a lock for a while given the expected scenario with the CFP rankings but I'm just going by reputable media reports.

Bryan Fischer of Bleacher Report confirming IU v.s. Duke in the Pinstripe (Nebraska to Foster Farms, Minnesota to Quick Lane)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT