ADVERTISEMENT

Bombs sent to Clinton’s, Obama, CNN

.@evanperez reports: Another suspicious package with a device addressed to the White House was intercepted at Joint Base Bolling in Washington, DC. According to a law enforcement official, the device was similar to ones sent to homes of Soros, Clintons and Obamas.

The crazies are out. Looks to be a bipartisan effort too.

Fox News Producer says the White House package story isn't true (per the Secret Service)

This seems like a terrible prank. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad none have gone off, but it makes me wonder if this is some stupid stunt by an idiot that thinks he is being funny or will prove a point by doing this.

Pretty doubtful.

Last edited:
I hate to be the wet blanket, OK, maybe I like being the wet blanket. But we have no idea what motivation there is for this yet. Too early to blame any group, exonerate any group, or anything else. I don't know whatever happened to waiting on facts, but I think that's part of our problem as a society these days.

It may just be Russian bots have gotten out of control.

I hate to be the wet blanket, OK, maybe I like being the wet blanket. But we have no idea what motivation there is for this yet. Too early to blame any group, exonerate any group, or anything else. I don't know whatever happened to waiting on facts, but I think that's part of our problem as a society these days.

It may just be Russian bots have gotten out of control.

It was the Saudis! This was their payback!

Pretty weak jump from fighting back verbally and not backing down on Kavanaugh and bombing people 20...but whatever. You don't like Trump so in your world he is to blame.

I didn't say anything about Trump. And it was partly a joke.

Partisan extremists are the problem, and he's the most powerful one in the country, yes. You've said repeatedly you support his techniques to counter Dems, who in your view are represented by masked violent mobs.

This is way beyond Kavanaugh, which you know I defended to some degree.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Anyone wonder why CNN and Soros was chosen? I think it’s becoming painfully obvious that Trump needs to dial back his rhetoric.

Reactions: Bill4411

Partisan extremists are the problem, and he's the most powerful one in the country, yes. You've said repeatedly you support his techniques to counter Dems, who in your view are represented by masked violent mobs.

I support verbally sparring with them. If they call you a racist such and such and you are not, then I support telling them to go frick themselves. Kavanaugh would have been yanked by (insert generic Republican here), I like that he stood behind his candidate in the face of a mountain of bull shit thrown his way.

I like that in the face of the Heckler's Veto that is a repeatedly used tactic by leftist activists, that he threw it back in their face.

As to the events today, I (and others) have been saying that get in their face, they are owed no civility, shooting Congressmen, sending "suspicious powder" to Senators, attacking people in the streets, etc. is going to turn out bad. Lo and behold, it appears to be turning bad. Here is my shocked face.

People hear that they are owed no civility and they see people that think like them getting harrassed, beaten, etc. and the less hinged are now reacting accordingly.

This country is broken.

Reactions: stollcpa

I support verbally sparring with them. If they call you a racist such and such and you are not, then I support telling them to go frick themselves. Kavanaugh would have been yanked by (insert generic Republican here), I like that he stood behind his candidate in the face of a mountain of bull shit thrown his way.

I like that in the face of the Heckler's Veto that is a repeatedly used tactic by leftist activists, that he threw it back in their face.

As to the events today, I (and others) have been saying that get in their face, they are owed no civility, shooting Congressmen, sending "suspicious powder" to Senators, attacking people in the streets, etc. is going to turn out bad. Lo and behold, it appears to be turning bad. Here is my shocked face.

People hear that they are owed no civility and they see people that think like them getting harrassed, beaten, etc. and the less hinged are now reacting accordingly.

This country is broken.
What makes you think it was a mountain of bullshit thrown his way? You see Jeff Flake yesterday said he wasn’t sure he believed Kavanaugh, yet still voted for him for a lifetime appointment? At the least he lied multiple times under oath. And you like that? Yep the country is broken. And Trump and his supporters broke it.

This country is broken.
So verbally sparring is ok, but not at restaurants? Verbally sparring is ok, yet you continue to disparage peaceful protests. Not sure where you draw the line except if the right does it it’s ok, if the left does it they are a hysterical mob.

This country is broken.

He lied several times to the senate. He cried talking about weightlifting with his bros. The guy was a fruit and has zero business being a SCJ. We used to have morals and standards in this country. The country is broken because duck dynasty and honey boo boo took over the republican party.

Another at Debbie Wasserman Schultz . My guess is Chuck, Nancy, and Maxine are getting checked too. All the people that Trump and Fox constantly vilify.

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz got a suspicious package as well at her office in FL

Reactions: Rusty G
Here comes a partisan hack. Are you really going to defend a man who lied to senate and cried little a little school girl talking about weight lifting? What a fruit cake.

No. But I'm willing to defend it more than trashing someones life and destroying a family over speculation.

This seems like a terrible prank. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad none have gone off, but it makes me wonder if this is some stupid stunt by an idiot that thinks he is being funny or will prove a point by doing this.
I don’t think planting a bomb, or something that looks like a bomb can be considered in any way, shape, or form, as a prank.

"Prank" doesn't seem like a very good word for this. I think "domestic terrorism" would be more appropriate.

I've never understand how marginal gains in economic indicators is worth living under an authoritarian regime. Mail bombs don't help clarify that. Spinning this down to "prank" doesn't, either.

No. But I'm willing to defend it more than trashing someones life and destroying a family over speculation.

Absolutely should have been handled in a more private way initially. The circuis atmosphere of the whole ordeal was bad for both sides. However he has no business being a SCJ after his odd behavior during the hearing with the senate.

What makes you think it was a mountain of bullshit thrown his way? You see Jeff Flake yesterday said he wasn’t sure he believed Kavanaugh, yet still voted for him for a lifetime appointment? At the least he lied multiple times under oath. And you like that? Yep the country is broken. And Trump and his supporters broke it.

Kennedy assassinated, Vietnam, Watts riots, UT shooting, Helter Skelter, MLK assassinated, National Guard troops open fire on protesters, Bobby Kennedy assassinated, Nixon resigns to avoid impeachment over Watergate, Jonestown, Iran Hostage crisis, John Lennon Killed, Reagan assassination attempt, Lebanese barracks attack, Iran/Contra, Whitewater, Rodney King riots in LA, OJ innocent, First Twin Towers bombing, Waco, Murrah building bombed, Clinton impeached, Columbine, 2000 election results controversy, 9/11, Afghan and Iraq wars, Chickens come home to roost, Mass Shootings, School Shootings, Church Burnings and Shootings, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Trump stole the election, Mueller probe, Softball shooting, Orlando Shooting, Vegas Shooting and dozens and dozens and dozens of other pivotal moments in that time-frame that broke our country but no, it was just fine until Trump came along.

Seriously I can't stand Trump as a person, much less as POTUS...but he didn't break what was already broken.

Kennedy assassinated, Vietnam, Watts riots, UT shooting, Helter Skelter, MLK assassinated, National Guard troops open fire on protesters, Bobby Kennedy assassinated, Nixon resigns to avoid impeachment over Watergate, Jonestown, Iran Hostage crisis, John Lennon Killed, Reagan assassination attempt, Lebanese barracks attack, Iran/Contra, Whitewater, Rodney King riots in LA, OJ innocent, First Twin Towers bombing, Waco, Murrah building bombed, Clinton impeached, Columbine, 2000 election results controversy, 9/11, Afghan and Iraq wars, Chickens come home to roost, Mass Shootings, School Shootings, Church Burnings and Shootings, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Trump stole the election, Mueller probe, Softball shooting, Orlando Shooting, Vegas Shooting and dozens and dozens and dozens of other pivotal moments in that time-frame that broke our country but no, it was just fine until Trump came along.

Seriously I can't stand Trump as a person, much less as POTUS...but he didn't break what was already broken.

We didn't start the fire!

I think it would have been easier to quote Billy Joel:

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan
"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide
Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore​

No one said it was just fine. The difference is that never at any point in time, did the President of the country, speak any type of rhetoric that could have been considered to leading to these types of violence. If Reagan had been talking about what a horrible person John Lennon was for example.....

Suspicious package at the building housing the San Diego Union-Tribune & Kamala Harris' San Diego office

Last edited:

That's a good list, but I'd put those in buckets:

Kennedy assassination, softball shooting: inflamed ideologues acting violently.

Vietnam, Nixon resignation, Iran/Contra, Whitewater (???), Trump stole the election, Mueller probe: Presidential dishonesty and bad/corrupt policy

Watts Riots, Rodney King riots, OJ innocent: fights for civil rights

MLK assassination, church burnings and shootings: violent racists, bigots

UT shooting, Helter Skelter, Reagan assassination attempt, Jonestown, John Lennon killed: lunatics killing or trying to kill indiscriminately

National Guard troops open fire, Waco: overly militaristic response to civil disobedience

Bobby Kennedy assassination, Iran Hostage crisis, Lebanese barracks attack, First Twin towers bombing, Murrah building, 9/11: terrorism

Clinton impeached, 2000 election results controversy, Benghazi: partisanship

Columbine, Orlando shooting, Vegas shooting: inexplicable extreme gun violence we haven't yet figured out

(I'm excluding Fast and Furious; not sure why that's on this list).

It's an ugly list to be sure, but the reported bombs in today's news aren't in a long category on this list. (Just at a glance, the only other comparable events in my estimation would be JFK's assassination and the softball shooting).

We obviously don't know the reasons or purported rationales for today's news events. We've seen violence before. But destabilizing our system of government, needlessly inflaming uninformed zealots, and acting dishonestly and out of self-interest aren't conducive to minimizing these types of events.

Reactions: hoosboot
"Prank" doesn't seem like a very good word for this. I think "domestic terrorism" would be more appropriate.

I've never understand how marginal gains in economic indicators is worth living under an authoritarian regime. Mail bombs don't help clarify that. Spinning this down to "prank" doesn't, either.

FelineBareGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT