ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler...

purdue-purdue-dancing.gif

That has to hurt so bad.
Year after year being natty contenders, and always ending their post seasons in the worst ways possible...not sure whats worse between purdues situation and IUs

• Haha
Reactions: BleedinGold
Loyer was brutally exposed tonight. Without Edey drawing double teams, and with Loyer facing big athletic guards, he looked like he didn’t belong on the court. Will be interesting to see how he can contribute next yr without big Lurch in the middle drawing attention.
Fletcher Loyer’s best days as a college basketball player are behind him.

Without even a bit of a question.

lol no doubt. that was the fastest response to a post I've made in 25 years.

Yes, the team that has won nearly all the conference titles recently, and beat us a like a drum for the most part, and has earned 1 seed after 1 seed v our not making the tourney but a few times in the past 10 years....

Not even close.

Where are today's best instate kids going?

Wut? Are you serious?
Yea, id rather be in purdues spot, but not by much.
Gonzaga and purdue are never going to win championships.
And the way it ends for them is always the absolute worst.
Imagine iu getting 2013 cuzed every other year, that might actually come close to making me pull my hair out more

• Haha
Reactions: BleedinGold
Yea, id rather be in purdues spot, but not by much.
Gonzaga and purdue are never going to win championships.
And the way it ends for them is always the absolute worst.
Imagine iu getting 2013 cuzed every other year, that might actually come close to making me pull my hair out more

At least PU is in the action.

We're busy in the Playa With Yourself Club w phil hartman's Telli Sevalis.

Loyer was brutally exposed tonight. Without Edey drawing double teams, and with Loyer facing big athletic guards, he looked like he didn’t belong on the court. Will be interesting to see how he can contribute next yr without big Lurch in the middle drawing attention.
i still think they will be pretty good they have painter and lose nobody else really.

I'd probably take Braden Smith but only because of our uncertainty at the position.

Still can't believe how much of a non factor that Caleb Furst has been for them, dude was unstoppable high school.
Was their a way to predict that Caleb Furst, Christian Lander, Tamar Bates, etc would not pan out for PU and us?

Dude we understand that they're better than IU, hell most everyone is right now.

That's not what we're talking about.

You guys are talking about whether it's better to be a perennial top 10 program/conference title contender or a team that doesn;t make the tourney more often than making it.

I'll take the former and the pain that comes w it over being what we are the passed 20 years.

I'd probably take Braden Smith but only because of our uncertainty at the position.

Still can't believe how much of a non factor that Caleb Furst has been for them, dude was unstoppable high school.
Smith, Gillis, Furst, Colvin I would take on our roster in a heart beat.
Loyer has a role when teams have no choice but to double team.

You still need top talent, Matt. UConn toyed with Purdue in that second half, because they had superior talent. And I think Purdue will be knocked down a couple pegs next year without Edey.
It's true, and here is why:

Because we'll coached teams with hard working players can achieve a ton by, as they might say, bringing their hammer to work every day. But top level talent will be playing at their best deep into the tourney, and they will not overlook a team.
In other words hard work beats talent of talent doesn't work hard, but talent works hard in the NCAA Final Four.

For those who can remember, this is the same reason Knight was able to consistently win enough every season but only made deep runs with talent.

Painter though has opened up the possibility of landing more talent in the coming few years, not due to money, but due to proven coaching accumen, and he may get one more shot at a team as good as this one if he is able to retain guys he recruits.

Reactions: Bill4411
Let's just all say it: Fletcher Loyer is jagoff.

I have plenty of PU fan friends who think so and would prefer Gillis out there.
Yeah not a fan. Most think he is moved to the bench and Colvin starts in that spot next year.

Reactions: Bill4411
It's true, and here is why:

Because we'll coached teams with hard working players can achieve a ton by, as they might say, bringing their hammer to work every day. But top level talent will be playing at their best deep into the tourney, and they will not overlook a team.
In other words hard work beats talent of talent doesn't work hard, but talent works hard in the NCAA Final Four.

For those who can remember, this is the same reason Knight was able to consistently win enough every season but only made deep runs with talent.

Painter though has opened up the possibility of landing more talent in the coming few years, not due to money, but due to proven coaching accumen, and he may get one more shot at a team as good as this one if he is able to retain guys he recruits.
I’m saying Painter to Purdue for a big pay day. 😊

There were more solar eclipses yesterday than Fletcher Loyer points scored.

There were more solar eclipses yesterday than Fletcher Loyer points scored.
well played. Like I said, Loyer was exposed last night. To win Natty's you need quick long guards/wings who can hit 3s as well as defend the 3. Loyer was totally overmatched, and without the need to doubleteam Edey, he had nowhere to hide. CMP recognized it and actually had him sitting quite a bit in the second half. Even TKR had a nice start to the game, then disappeared on the bench as the game proceeded. PU ended up playing 2 on 5 most of the way.

side note. props to Hiede (?) for throwing down a very impressive put-back thunder slam. That came out of nowhere. Kid has some serious hops in those legs.

I don’t think it’s such an easy answer. If you’re talking about the current state of each program in a vacuum, of course I would prefer to be PU. Looking at the big picture though, I have seen IU make it to the mountain top and I don’t think I would ever want to trade those memories in to be Purdue no matter how bad it gets in the present.

I don’t think it’s such an easy answer. If you’re talking about the current state of each program in a vacuum, of course I would prefer to be PU. Looking at the big picture though, I have seen IU make it to the mountain top and I don’t think I would ever want to trade those memories in to be Purdue no matter how bad it gets in the present.
I agree, I'll take the 5 banners (the winning of three of which I was alive to see) and the memories, even if they are long ago. If I had only the memory of the past 20 years or so, it would be hard to say.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

I don't know if PU fans would trade what they have now for our 5 banners from 40-80 years ago. I'm not being glib, either. I honestly don't know.

All they want is 1 modern NCAA bball title. Hope springs eternal and I bet they feel they're still close, which they are.

The people most impressed by our 5 banners are us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT